• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

I think we'll sign a midfielder. No idea who though.

The mention of Strootman being an Everton target has tickled me. I remember reading that.

And I remember watching a youtube video called "Strootz: The New Enzo Maresca".

I was gonna ask Yurt if that was a good thing, because it didn't immediately sound like it.

M4yZscF.png

Wilbur

Banned
Think Kagawa would get run over if he played in Osman's position. Osman has a lot of defensive duties and he scores goals mostly because he finds himself space on the edge of the box coming in from deep.

If Moyes wants to keep his two banks of four, then Kagawa surely won't be a part of the team, at least not the first XI.

If I were a United fan, I'd be throwing out any idea of Moyes bringing his familiar style of play to United, and be hoping that he is prepared and ready to play in the style Ferguson was bringing the team.

Hopefully. Like I keep saying, I think if Rooney goes then Welbeck will be in the hole primarily for defensive diligence with Kagawa out wide.

Baines would be a great buy from Everton but I don't want Fellani.
I don't like his dirty tugs, elbows etc and he isn't good enough to make me like him in spite of that shit.

LegoArmo

Didn't Everton have a deal to use Football Manager for scouting? Moyes is obviously going to bring that approach over and sign loads of actually shit wonder kids.

Kyoufu

Didn't Everton have a deal to use Football Manager for scouting? Moyes is obviously going to bring that approach over and sign loads of actually shit wonder kids.

Will Moyes even have much say in transfers? I'm under the assumption that Frogson will still have a major hand in that.

Scum

Hopefully. Like I keep saying, I think if Rooney goes then Welbeck will be in the hole primarily for defensive diligence with Kagawa out wide.

Kagawa out wide? Eugh! Get Baines. Felliani can go to Chelsea. Kagawa behind van Persie. Nani and Zaha out wide. Carrick and Cleverley/New MC in the middle.

Salazar

Will Moyes even have much say in transfers? I'm under the assumption that Frogson will still have a major hand in that.

Moyes is having whatever low GI breakfast a man as whip thin and mentally alert as him tends to prepare. Gillgamesh asks him for a yes/no answer on Rumbo. What do you think he is going to say, kyoufu.

Clegg

Moyes should ask for Fergie's opinion about a player he's thinking of bringing to United. Bur final say should always reside with the manager.

Edit; f u Vulva

dc89

Marca: City director of football Txiki Begiristain has opened talks with Sevilla to sign Spain international winger Jesus Navas (27).

@CityWatch

He has Jesus in his name. He must be good right?

Tc91

Moyes press conference under way:

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes
David Moyes: "I'd really respect it today if you keep questions to Everton today. I'm manager of Everton Football Club."

Moyes: "It was very difficult (to tell the chairman). He's been great to me, tried to give me everything he can. But he understood."

Moyes: "The fans have been great to me. They got behind me from word go so all I can do is thank them for the support they've given me."

Moyes:"I wasn't planning to leave. My contract was running out but if you'd pushed me I would've said I was edging towards staying."

Moyes: "The chairman's asked me about a successor and if there's anything I can do to help I will do."

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter
Moyes: 'whoever comes in (as manager) will get a well-run club, great set of players. I'm disappointed to be leaving such a great club'

Wilbur

Banned
Troll cunt. I used to like Bobby M, even last year when he won the league and I could accept his limitations as a manager, he was still pretty cool. But this year has shown him up; forever passing the buck, criticising his players, never taking the blame for anything. Lucky dickhead.

dc89

Did he really say this? :lol :lol

Yes.

"For me, it has been a great honour and pleasure to compete against Sir Alex for three years," said Mancini.

"It was a great honour to beat him in Old Trafford and I wish him good luck for his future. I don't know for which reasons [he has retired].

"Everyone can have his opinion but one manager who stays for 27 years in the same club and won every trophy for 27 years - it is an incredible situation. I don't think there will be another manager like him.

"It is difficult to say Sir Alex is the best [ever] but he is the best in the last 27 years."

http://bit.ly/197EUl1

Suen

Don't know if someone posted so here goes:

Nobody will remember Mourinho's words in a year's time, says Thiago

Thiago Alcantara has urged his Barcelona team-mates to ignore Jose Mourinho's comments about the Catalans as he feels the Real Madrid coach's remarks will soon be forgotten again.

The Portuguese recently hit out at Andres Iniesta after the midfielder voiced his surprise with Iker Casillas' situation at Madrid, but the young midfielder says his club should pay no attention to the 50-year-old.

"I've been very respectful toward everyone. But when people speak about us, of course it affects us," he said at a press conference.

"Mourinho gave his opinion, but they are just words, not facts. No one will remember what Mourinho said in one year's time."

'We're not amused with Mourinho anymore'

Former Real Madrid midfielder Michel claims supporters are no longer amused by Jose Mourinho's outspoken nature, while offering his backing to Iker Casillas.

"Whether you like him or not, Mourinho has always acted in the same way, to win all of his trophies. Maybe we used to be amused by him, but not anymore," Michel told Marca.

"Madrid isn't doing itself any favours with everything that's been going on. I'm a Madrid fan, not a pseudo-Madridista, and that's the way I see it from afar."

"There are people in Madrid who are untouchable because they have earned it. Then it is the coach's decision. Diego Lopez is outstanding, but Iker Casillas is the best goalkeeper in the world without any doubt, that is my opinion."

Real MadLol
Lol Liga

Have fun being in Barca's shadow Michel, I'm sure the untouchable players will bring us all the glory we want!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom