• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
There was a bloke on SSN saying he'd like the Porto boss as they need to keep going forward and he feels Martinez would take them backwards. Would Everton be able to get him?

Don't know fuck all about the Portuguese league.

Apparently Pereira's the one interested in Everton. Not to belittle the achievements of someone who has won the league and is still unbeaten, but seen it mentioned in a fair few places that he's benefitted from AVB's work

defel

Exam season is usually when I catch up on all my old favourite TV shows. Thats the benefit of doing applied Mathematics :p

Arnie

You're gonna wanna be around on the CL final though...

VH85MSU.gif

Zabojnik

Just watched the extended highlights from Inter 1 - 3 Lazio. The fans' protest, Moratti's funeral face, Handanovic's howler, Alvaraz with the beckhamesque penalty kick and Onazi's rocket from 25m+ to finish it all off. Glorious, just glorious.

GRAZIE DI ESISTERE, MERDE!

Arnie

How far Inter have fallen and AC have climbed in a single season is astonishing.

Serie A is mad in the best possible way.

How far Inter have fallen and AC have climbed in a single season is astonishing.

Serie A is mad in the best possible way.

it really is crazy. our progress from earlier in the season, when we looked like we would finish midtable, has been surreal. some really tough times for milan fans early this season, probably the toughest i've seen. and i sort of feel bad for inturd, their injury crisis has been unbelievable. thrilled to see them out of the CL though, even their healthy squad is way below par. i think juve/milan/napoli should be a strong italian CL contingent, assuming napoli does not gut their team.

ps. plz don't call us "AC" lol. we are milan.

I read Glen Johnson's doing a degree in maths or something.

He seems like a smart guy who'll forever be known as an idiot for stealing a toilet seat for reasons I don't think even he couold explain.

Would anyone agree that between the start of the 4th, and end of the most recent one, ASOI&F runs out of steam to a fair extent. Its picked up again though with the ending.

Zabojnik

Udinese will be playing their last game in the old Friuli stadium this Sunday. They'll start overhauling it come summer. Should end up being a nice little stadium, once it's finished two years from now. Wish more clubs would follow the example ...

nuovo-stadio-friuli-5.jpg

63215175801803300213155.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Anyone else think Giggs and Scholes might retire now that SAF has?

Scholes is but is staying on as coach, Giggs has signed another year deal and I assume he'll help with the transition and maybe move into a coach role himself.

Would be nice to get the Nevilles back as well

Meier

He looks like the love child of Ribery and Di Maria.

Holy shit that is an ugly, ugly man. YIKES.

1368010383_extras_mosaico_noticia_2_g_0.jpg

Udinese will be playing their last game in the old Friuli stadium this Sunday. They'll start overhauling it come summer. Should end up being a nice little stadium, once it's finished two years from now. Wish more clubs would follow the example ...

http://www.padovagoal.it/wp-content/uploads/nuovo-stadio-friuli-5.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/574/63215175801803300213155.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Very nice. Where will they play in the interim?

Wilbur

Banned

nuovo-stadio-friuli-5.jpg

63215175801803300213155.jpg

Is it still going to be state owned?

Yeah, if Italian teams are ever going to be a force in Europe again, they need to have their own stadiums. There are other things that need to be addressed (reduce Serie A to 18 teams, gut and reorganize Serie C so clubs that can't afford to be professional don't keep pretending to be, introduce a proper reserve league and/or overhaul youth/homegrown requirements), but that's the big one.

Nope, they'll own it. Which is massive in terms of revenue.

Linius

Pffft, I suck at playing FIFA in world class. Though it's the combination of playing with a group of mostly sucky players too. I'm not used to those incompetent players any more :p

So far one draw and three loses in the league. Thoug I did get trough the third round in the league cup now, by defeating league one clubs twice in a row :p

Zabojnik

Very nice. Where will they play in the interim?

I think they'll still play there. They'll be gradually closing off / overhauling / reopening the various sections of the stadium. I'm not a 100% sure though.

Yes, but not really. Udinese have bought the rights to manage the stadium for I don't know how many years. They won't be the owners, officially, but as good as.

Pffft, I suck at playing FIFA in world class. Though it's the combination of playing with a group of mostly sucky players too. I'm not used to those incompetent players any more :p

So far one draw and three loses in the league. Thoug I did get trough the third round in the league cup now, by defeating league one clubs twice in a row :p
Dude I suck at semi-pro so shut your yapper :lol

Linius

I'd love to suck on World Class. I'm way worse than that lol.

Dude I suck at semi-pro so shut your yapper :lol

I had no idea, I thought most people played on world class these days. Pro was a walk in the park so I decided to step up and start over with Leicester City on world class. I bought some talented players who I know will eventually pay off when they start to get better. But for now the championship is hard on me. My objective is to finish midtable. If I make it I can get on building my team. Hopefully premier league in three seasons.

I'm amazing on legendary. Single player is too easy and too repetitive. So I like getting bummed online instead.

I envy your skills Wilbz :(

dc89

Pantilimon has said he wants to leave City in the summer for regular football. Can't blame him either, he's been great when played.

I hope he stays either in the PL or Championship. Should be available on the cheap and he's pretty decent.

DBT85

I had no idea, I thought most people played on world class these days. Pro was a walk in the park so I decided to step up and start over with Leicester City on world class. I bought some talented players who I know will eventually pay off when they start to get better. But for now the championship is hard on me. My objective is to finish midtable. If I make it I can get on building my team. Hopefully premier league in three seasons.

Most people probably do, I'm just shit. I struggle to beat the AI on Semi half the time, let alone anyone online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom