• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_prOdigy

Players going to give Fergie a guard of honour as he comes out to The Impossible Dream.

I am going to cry :(

tumblr_mbezpunuag1qkk6oy.gif

GorillaJu

I would like, once, to say that I like a United kit so people would go "oh maybe Morsel isn't so rabidly biased after all," but United haven't had a good kit in like 4 years ;..;

That long placket looks terrible to my eyes, with how short that collar is. If the collar was longer (and not button-down) it'd be much more tolerable. It just looks goofy to me as it is. I like the idea of button-down collar, and that it's black is cool as I've said I really like the black collar on City's shirt this year. But the long placket, and the absolutely tiny length of the collar points kill it for me.

Compare that to Umbro's City kit from this year, and it's no contest. The balance, the pattern, the details, everything (except for the badge, which I don't think looks good), is miles better on this kit.

Meier

Didn't City pay about 25m for him? I'd say that he lost value rather than gained value, and since City is a wealthy club doesn't need to sell players, that weakens their bargaining position further.

He is still young, and it's clear he's technically talented, but I don't see a player like him going for above 15m. It's clear that he's a slight "risk" in terms of his personality - compare him to someone like Van Persie, who despite planning to leave Arsenal, gave his absolute all in every game and was a top, top striker, then moved to United and jumped in with both feet, giving 120% in every game. Dzeko just seems like he couldn't give two shits about Manchester City, so long as they aren't serving Edin Dzeko. Any future club risks that they have a disinterested player who goes on tilt easily.

Of course, as it was pointed out Balotelli did go for around 20m. But an Italian going to Italy does change things a bit.

He's an interesting player. At times he is utterly brilliant, but he is clearly quite moody and needs to play every week or else he gets into a funk and then performs quite inconsistently. I think he has 16 goals or so this year but he's missed some absolute sitters -- the one against Swansea was just unbelievable.

For Bosnia, he's scoring at absolute will and you can see his heart is 100% in it since he's THE guy. If he moves somewhere this summer and the team really allows him to have a starring role, then I think he'll easily bag 30 goals. I wouldn't be surprised if his transfer was done in a similar manner to Balotelli's (payments made over a period of time, some incentives, etc.)

Compare that to Umbro's City kit from this year, and it's no contest. The balance, the pattern, the details, everything (except for the badge, which I don't think looks good), is miles better on this kit.

dc and I are still crying over losing Umbro. Their kits are classy as fuck and they fit perfectly due to the variety in sizes since they're based off chest measurements. It won't be the same. :(

Well, I know the rumors suggested he was willing to take a pay cut to move to Dortmund. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

The wages are the main point that could make a Dzeko to BVB move fail. Dzeko likes the Bundesliga, in which we're the only club he could go to, Klopp rates him and I'm certain we could reach an agreement with City in the 20-25m range.

I could see Dzeko staying another year if Lewandowski left in 2014.

Slizz

I would like, once, to say that I like a United kit so people would go "oh maybe Morsel isn't so rabidly biased after all," but United haven't had a good kit in like 4 years ;..;

That long placket looks terrible to my eyes, with how short that collar is. If the collar was longer (and not button-down) it'd be much more tolerable. It just looks goofy to me as it is. I like the idea of button-down collar, and that it's black is cool as I've said I really like the black collar on City's shirt this year. But the long placket, and the absolutely tiny length of the collar points kill it for me.

Did you like this one?

F7wctFa.jpg

This year's Liverpool badge is lovely.

Don't like that. This year's is much better.

Swansea and Chelsea home kits are the nicest in the league I think.

And Liverpool!!

I don't understand Warrior. Its like they get their best guy on our home shirts, and have the CEO's slightly slow nephew design the aways with some crayons and a plain white t-shirt.

Fergie

Banned
Ultimate Difficulty is pretty easy on FIFA, problem is input lag online can make it hard to react fast. Easy offline, score screamers all the time.

GorillaJu

Did you like this one?

F7wctFa.jpg

Yes, that's a good one. Much better than the more recent designs.

That Liverpool crest could ruin any shirt.

The older one Warrior are using is much much better.

Agreed. Really disliked the old crest. Looked like a design that was trendy in its creation and overstayed its welcome. The simple Liverbird with L.F.C. is a great example of simplicity executed well.

Messi

This year's Liverpool badge is lovely.

Don't like that. This year's is much better.

Swansea and Chelsea home kits are the nicest in the league I think.

And Liverpool!!

I liked arsenals this season.

Best kit in Europe this season was atletico Madrid. So good. And the consumer one is sponsorless

Atletico-Madrid-Home-Shirt-2013.jpg

Away is also cool

Atletico-Madrid-New-Away-Jersey-12-13.jpg

GorillaJu

Football shirts are generally ugly as sin, very rarely something that genuinely looks good, more like good... for a football shirt.

Well, yeah, but that's how it always goes with uniforms. It's more about what it represents. Like leather jackets (or leather chaps in my case)

Lightning

Banned
Arsenal are apparently interested in Dzeko. :lol Keep fucking dreaming. City would a.) be dumb to sell him within the league and b.) Arsenal wouldn't pay what he was worth let alone want to pay him the wages he's on (something like £120-130k per week).
I personally don't want Dzeko, I prefer Jovetic but Arsenal can pay £120-£130k wages. If we were willing to give Theo his £100 and Fabregas and RVP were on more than that then we could pay Dzeko. Same with the transfer fee but its unlikely Man City would want to deal with us.

Dzeko's attitude is the killer for me. He seems to sulk and not perform when he doesn't get his way. Hate players like that. I know jtb is a fan of his but no thank you I would rather committed players.

I personally don't want Dzeko, I prefer Jovetic but Arsenal can pay £120-£130k wages. If we were willing to give Theo his £100 and Fabregas and RVP were on more than that then we could pay Dzeko. Same with the transfer fee but its unlikely Man City would want to deal with us.

Dzeko's attitude is the killer for me. He seems to sulk and not perform when he doesn't get his way. Hate players like that. I know jtb is a fan of his but no thank you I would rather committed players.
I don't think Cesc of RVP ever were on more than £100k - although Arsenal should now have the means to pay a couple of players that much money.

dc89

dc and I are still crying over losing Umbro. Their kits are classy as fuck and they fit perfectly due to the variety in sizes since they're based off chest measurements. It won't be the same. :(

:(

I wonder when we see the new kits officially announced. We used to do it pretty late with Umbro but with all the pre-season tours we are going in maybe it will be announced in time for them!

Linius

GTAV is gonna be game of forever. Watch Dogs looks alright, but not much scope to do much outside of hack a camera and watch some bloke sitting on his sofa and make a police car crash into a bollard. GTAV looks FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN.

I don't even know why there's that much of a difference in my head, because they're pretty similar games I suppose. But I just know.

I really hope Watch Dogs has a solid single player experience which I'm gonna enjoy the shit out of. GTA V is more for the long run, I suspect to get a lot more gameplay out of it after the storyline by doing crazy random shit.

Pretty much. Unless its retro, or nouveau-retro (I made it up(I think,) and will continue using it,) they're only good for walking around the house, or as undershirts :p

I wanna dress like this

Kind of badass. Dat Raylan.

GorillaJu

Pretty much. Unless its retro, or nouveau-retro (I made it up(I think,) and will continue using it,) they're only good for walking around the house, or as undershirts :p

I wanna dress like this

Reminds me how badly I need a new pair of jeans.

Shall I go Dior Homme... again?! 5EP no longer around, the perfect cut is now extinct. :(

My babies will never be made again...

They're now so torn up I can't wear them without long underwear.

GorillaJu

If City are going to change their manager, it should be to someone like Ancelloti, Mourinho, Low, etc.

Not a manager currently battling relegation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom