• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

I'm not very good against the CPU (I struggle on World Class), but I batter people left and right online.

This. CPU plays moronic and the harder the setting the more annoying. I'm missing 2 trophies in my Online Seasons cabinet. Premier cup and Division 1 Title.

Meier

How did I miss this?

http://i.minus.com/i1CLO96L4enFW.gif[img][/QUOTE]

That gif is giving me a headache. It was a great goal though, definitely made things a little dicey going forward. Woke Chelsea up after we'd dominated the whole game.

Anderson

Because of this guy
la-noire-2010-12-17-600.jpg

zp_Mertesacker-1-130508PAFC_8534.jpg

Pantilimon has said he wants to leave City in the summer for regular football. Can't blame him either, he's been great when played.

I hope he stays either in the PL or Championship. Should be available on the cheap and he's pretty decent.

The giant will be gone :(
1641184036-soccer-fa-community-shield-chelsea-v-manchester-city-villa-park.jpg

He never had a chance with Hart as competition.

Meier

Arsenal are apparently interested in Dzeko. :lol Keep fucking dreaming. City would a.) be dumb to sell him within the league and b.) Arsenal wouldn't pay what he was worth let alone want to pay him the wages he's on (something like £120-130k per week).

GorillaJu

Arsenal are apparently interested in Dzeko. :lol Keep fucking dreaming. City would a.) be dumb to sell him within the league and b.) Arsenal wouldn't pay what he was worth let alone want to pay him the wages he's on (something like £120-130k per week).

Out of curiosity, how much do you think he is worth right now in terms of a transfer fee? I can't see any clubs willing to pay more than 12-14 million for him. It's clear (to me at least) that he isn't ready to lead the line at a top tier European club.

I'd like Dzeko to stay, but it seems Mancini doesn't. Hopefully he'll go to BVB.

Out of curiosity, how much do you think he is worth right now in terms of a transfer fee? I can't see any clubs willing to pay more than 12-14 million for him. It's clear (to me at least) that he isn't ready to lead the line at a top tier European club.

Trollotelli was sold for 20+ million, and he was really useless at the time (1 goal in the league).

Ingeniero

Yes yes yes yes yes Arsene please!

won't happen :(

Linius

Yeah, a Youtube vid doesn't say much about the quality of the graphics. But the part with the fence that could be opened by remote got me excited. I hope there are lots of scenarios so you don't feel like you're doing the same over and over after a short while.

Looked like the 360 version to me. I remember the ground textures looking way better on the PC version they showed (for next gen versions).

Read the top comment, it's running on a PC with next gen specs.

Meier

I think he's easily still a £20-25m player. Inconsistent as hell, but on a team where he played every game he'd score 30 goals in a season in all likelihood. I think City would probably take at an absolute minimum though something like €20m. He is still under contract until 2015 so there isn't a need to sell although I expect it will happen.

jtb

Banned

He's only on 120k? That's surprisingly low.

Also, City had no problem selling/loaning Adebayor to Spurs. I doubt the move will happen, but if no one comes knocking... you never know.

LegoArmo

OfficialPSMag 2 hours ago
What we saw was described as a "PC running next gen specs".

Then I hope it was set to medium graphic quality. The shadows are terrible, and everything looks a bit flat. The game looked much better in the first footage back at E3.

I'll probably pick it up with my PS4 though on release.

Peco

it really is crazy. our progress from earlier in the season, when we looked like we would finish midtable, has been surreal. some really tough times for milan fans early this season, probably the toughest i've seen. and i sort of feel bad for inturd, their injury crisis has been unbelievable. thrilled to see them out of the CL though, even their healthy squad is way below par. i think juve/milan/napoli should be a strong italian CL contingent, assuming napoli does not gut their team.

ps. plz don't call us "AC" lol. we are milan.

One thing tho: Inter spent a lot of money on new players in the last year and a half, we basically paid Balotelli thanks to Pato's transfer, so yeah, fuck Inter, they're useless.

Meier

He's only on 120k? That's surprisingly low.

Also, City had no problem selling/loaning Adebayor to Spurs. I doubt the move will happen, but if no one comes knocking... you never know.

I think with Adebayor it was just because Mancini would do anything to get him out of the club and there was limited interest elsewhere. Dzeko is wanted by many clubs in Germany and Italy.

Wilbur

Banned
Eh, Watch Dogs... looked really good in the first previews but now looks fiddly and pretty boring I think. Looks like the same gameplay you'll find in everything, pretty dour city, I reckon all the hacking things will just be repetitive, will probably be a boring story... I dunno, I really liked the look of it at first but each video I've seen since hasn't really upped that enthusiasm.

But who would pay Dzeko those kind of wages? If he wants those wages he must stay at City. We are pretty much the main rumored club and we certainly won't pay him more than 5m a year.

Eh, Watch Dogs... looked really good in the first previews but now looks fiddly and pretty boring I think. Looks like the same gameplay you'll find in everything, pretty dour city, I reckon all the hacking things will just be repetitive, will probably be a boring story... I dunno, I really liked the look of it at first but each video I've seen since hasn't really upped that enthusiasm.

Yeah. Can't help but feel that it looks like GTA4 with an added gimmick which will get boring after 2 hours. I'll still but it though since the PS4 launch isn't looking terribly full.

GorillaJu

I think he's easily still a £20-25m player. Inconsistent as hell, but on a team where he played every game he'd score 30 goals in a season in all likelihood. I think City would probably take at an absolute minimum though something like €20m. He is still under contract until 2015 so there isn't a need to sell although I expect it will happen.

Didn't City pay about 25m for him? I'd say that he lost value rather than gained value, and since City is a wealthy club doesn't need to sell players, that weakens their bargaining position further.

He is still young, and it's clear he's technically talented, but I don't see a player like him going for above 15m. It's clear that he's a slight "risk" in terms of his personality - compare him to someone like Van Persie, who despite planning to leave Arsenal, gave his absolute all in every game and was a top, top striker, then moved to United and jumped in with both feet, giving 120% in every game. Dzeko just seems like he couldn't give two shits about Manchester City, so long as they aren't serving Edin Dzeko. Any future club risks that they have a disinterested player who goes on tilt easily.

Of course, as it was pointed out Balotelli did go for around 20m. But an Italian going to Italy does change things a bit.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah. Can't help but feel that it looks like GTA4 with an added gimmick which will get boring after 2 hours. I'll still but it though since the PS4 launch isn't looking terribly full.

Gta V looks infinitely more fun to me

GTAV is gonna be game of forever. Watch Dogs looks alright, but not much scope to do much outside of hack a camera and watch some bloke sitting on his sofa and make a police car crash into a bollard. GTAV looks FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN.

I don't even know why there's that much of a difference in my head, because they're pretty similar games I suppose. But I just know.

GQman2121

Banned
The issue with Watch Dogs is that Ubi has a shitty track record for storytelling. Combine that with the shallow gameplay that is Assassin's Creed, and the last few Splinter Cell games, and you have a general idea of what to expect from them. The hacking stuff is most certainly going to feel like a gimmick at some point.

Meier

But who would pay Dzeko those kind of wages? If he wants those wages he must stay at City. We are pretty much the main rumored club and we certainly won't pay him more than 5m a year.

Well, I know the rumors suggested he was willing to take a pay cut to move to Dortmund. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom