• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan pre-dates The Travelling Wilburys ;)

image.php

why did he have to steal my username gambit

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
SportsMerdaset: Conte is meeting with Marotta *right now*.

Moments later someone tweets a picture of Conte shopping in Torino. :lol

It's what we do. *wink*

Whatever, the top of the top is unreachable for us right now, so we might as well get Higuain. Last summer Madrid fans were pulling out their collective hair over a possible Higuain move. "Pipita stay pls pls pls!!!" Now after a bad season he's a terrible player? Eh, we'll see.

I just hope we won't have to ridiculously overpay him / Real.
I think they wanted 25m for him? He's very young and earns as much as Vucinic last time I checked.

Wilbur

Banned
Why do you support different teams if ye are brothers?

Alright so basically my love for United is detailed here with the whole Yorke spiel.

Bro wasn't really into football for ages. He said he supported Chelsea once, then he said he supported Man Utd, but I think he was just trying to fit in.

Then when he actually started to watch football, it was 2002/3/4 Arsenal, with Bergkamp and Henry and whatnot. So that's when it all began.

Kikarian

Alright so basically my love for United is detailed here with the whole Yorke spiel.

Bro wasn't really into football for ages. He said he supported Chelsea once, then he said he supported Man Utd, but I think he was just trying to fit in.

Then when he actually started to watch football, it was 2002/3/4 Arsenal, with Bergkamp and Henry and whatnot. So that's when it all began.
I actually believe this. Only because it's Wilbury.

I see! I always just figured everyone in england supported whatever team was local, maybe support a bigger team if your local was non league or whatever! Now that I really think about it that doesn't really seem that possible

Koko

Banned
According to Alfonso Ussía, Real Madrid have signed Neymar this morning. He's a reliable source. Apparently, it's an important law firm in Madrid that sealed it.

I told you guys some days ago, that our president in Real Madrid would go for Neymar and it seems like it points that way in the medias as well now.

Of course, nothing is official yet.

michael-scott-no.gif

Wilbur

Banned
I see! I always just figured everyone in england supported whatever team was local, maybe support a bigger team if your local was non league or whatever! Now that I really think about it that doesn't really seem that possible

The most local team to me is Crystal Palace, but there was no chance of me ever getting to games or whatever because my mum and dad were never into football, and I just didn't go with mates or their dads or whatever when I was really young (think I remember having this conversation with Chriswok before), so the only way I could watch football was through the telly and MOTD and whichever one was on ITV with Des Lynam. So it was only ever Premiership football.

Do I feel like a glory hunter? No, because my reasons for supporting United came organically, there was no jumping to them when they won trophies; I didn't even know how successful they were when I started to support them!

You support City, no?

You're one to talk :p

I do! I started supporting them because they were from Manchester and weren't Manchester United. I was young and wanted to be different!

People over here only support United, Celtic, Liverpool, Spurs or Arsenal. With the occasional outlying Chelsea fan!

Suen

All of us should become glory hunters. The winning team in CL should be supported by everyone here until they are knocked out in next season's CL
every team except Bayern

Linius

The most near club to me is Almere City FC. They pretty much suck, but yeah, don't really care that much for them.

Oh and I never thought of your names being related to Dylan and The Traveling Wilbury's, though it's so obvious :p

Wilbur

Banned
The most near club to me is Almere City FC. They pretty much suck, but yeah, don't really care that much for them.

Oh and I never thought of your names being related to Dylan and The Traveling Wilbury's, though it's so obvious :p

Yeah I just wanted to go by the rules of awesome usernames, needed a cool one word name ting, so just went for something related to the greatest musician who ever lived <3. Seeing him was so fucking amazing. I got a little teary then as well :lol. I'm an emotional cunt.

dc89

Made my own little opta star for you guys ready for tomorrow.

City have kept a clean sheet in the past 7 games against Wigan. Seventh Heaven.

I'll go.

Meier

I still find the concept of not supporting a local team (if one exists) totally bizarre. In American sports, the only non-FL team I support are the LA Dodgers and that's just because there wasn't a baseball team in Florida when

I was a kid. I never got into any Chicago teams but I do follow the Austin Aztex (4th division soccer.. lol) to a certain extent. Have gone to some games. Attend all of the University of Texas' home (American) football games as well, but they're local to me now. Would never, ever consider rooting for them over FSU though.

According to Alfonso Ussía, Real Madrid have signed Neymar this morning. He's a reliable source. Apparently, it's an important law firm in Madrid that sealed it.

I told you guys some days ago, that our president in Real Madrid would go for Neymar and it seems like it points that way in the medias as well now.

Of course, nothing is official yet.

Lol

Ronaldo, Casillas, Ramos, Neymar in the same team. Battle of the egos, let the games begin.

Next season is gonna be hilarious.

Linius

I still find the concept of not supporting a local team totally bizarre.

I'm born in Amsterdam and so is my mum. My dad was born in Germany but grew up in Amsterdam and so I was raised to be a Ajax fan. The local club in my town which I mentioned before is only playing professional football for like eight years now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom