• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

My Fergie equivalent, Bobby Bowden:

bobbybowden.jpg

bobby_bowden.jpg

11292898-large.jpg

11_545351119873_8339_n.jpg

Wish he had gone out on a high like SAF did though. :( He dragged us through the mud though and had to eventually be forced out. Last one is me with him back in early 2006 -- was just a young pup back then (22)!

Wilbur

Banned
It was at first, but genuinely started caring for it over the years. Although never to Copenhagen levels, where I feel physically ill at times when it's worst (and when i have to sit down and ask myself why i care so much lol).

My mum asks me the same :looooool

I came home the other week from work and I was in a fucking foul mood. My mum thought me and the wifey had an argument, or I'd been sacked from work.

I said "no, we lost to Rafa Benitez"

dc89

Guys, could Moyes now bid for Baines in his capacity as United manager and accept it in his capacity as Everton manager :p

Wes

venison crêpe
Guys, could Moyes now bid for Baines in his capacity as United manager and accept it in his capacity as Everton manager :p

You can bet your arse when Baines and/or Fellaini move their fee will be higher that expected.

Lightning

Banned
United fans wish but no. I believe Kenwright makes the final decision on Everton transfers but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Moyes unsettles Baines to agitate a move to Untited.

I see Felliani ending up at Chelsea.

Meier

You can bet your arse when Baines and/or Fellaini move their fee will be higher that expected.

This. Joe Allen was probably a £6m player like a Scott Sinclair if he went to anyone but Liverpool. I don't think Baines will all of the sudden cost 2.5x his typical price like Allen did, but it will be above "market value" if Moyes goes for him.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm officially hyped for Man of Steel, the last couple of tv spots sealed it for me. Don't fuck this up please.

Meier

Baines is probably the best left back in the league.

His market value would easily be £15m.

Agreed. I think United would have to pay £20m for him now though given the circumstances.

I'd still be absolutely thrilled if City swooped in and made a bid. Baines is a fantastic player. Offers the FK and crossing ability of a Kolarov while being a very good defender. No qualms with Clichy but Baines would be an upgrade.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
On football related news: Pellegrini to City seems confirmed, interesting. At least Pellegrini doesn't put up ridiculous showings at CL.

My mum asks me the same :looooool

I came home the other week from work and I was in a fucking foul mood. My mum thought me and the wifey had an argument, or I'd been sacked from work.

I said "no, we lost to Rafa Benitez"

Managed to destroy my computer chair when we messed up our season last year... I'm happy no one was around cause was pretty much acting like a baby lol, also ignored people calling and texting me for a few days completely, just hated everything. Whenever we play Champions League I can't eat up until the games, at all, too nervous especially if we have to go through qualification matches, those are just too horrible. Felt 30 kg's lighter after we beat Rosenborg to get into Champions league in 2010/2011.

Speaking of Palermo, Josip Ilicic is awesome.

A tall attacking midfielder? He's my hero.

He's been awesome the last months time and was awesome when still playing with Pastore (who's just 3 CM smaller!), but he had such a huge drop in form that lasted a full year when Pastore left. :/

This isn't FM.

D_prOdigy

Would love Baines. LOVE him.

Part of me however would like to see Fabio be given a proper go. In my mind, he has the same potential as Rafael, who flourished when we just threw him in there as the number 1 right-back. Would be nice to not spend £20m.

Kikarian

Scholes played well during his initial comeback but he's been pretty poor this season. He never really should have returned as a player imo. He retired because he didn't have the legs to keep up with play. This was a season too far. He's also had a pretty shit run of injuries this year. I don't think he's played in three months.

He was an amazing player in his prime and deserves another good send off.
Yeah I found his return quite bizarre but always welcomed it.

Scholes was one of the Greatest CM I've ever seen. His vision and skill to pin point a ball to a play was amazing.

Meier

Guillem thinks Pelligrini to City is done.

On football related news: Pellegrini to City seems confirmed, interesting. At least Pellegrini doesn't put up ridiculous showings at CL.

I am very excited about this prospect. He has done a magnificent job at Malaga and did quite well at Madrid in his one season there. Certainly can't hurt our chances with Isco either.

I think Mancini is a good coach, but I'm just not sure his man management works particularly well here. It could just be a cultural difference, but it's uncomfortable how he openly throws guys under the bus. He'll land on his feet and probably get the Monaco job that he was looking at last year.

I can see why many fans would be behind him since he was able to win the team trophies after so long, but some (much?) of that success is built on the overall quality of the squad. I don't see any reason why Pellegrini would do notably worse with the same players, so I say give it a shot.

Clegg

Fabio's career progression has been so strange.

He started the Champions League final against Barca in 2011, barely played the following season and was then loaned out to QPR the season after that.

I still have high hopes for him though. He was one of our better performers in that final.

Kikarian

I heard Moyes scouted Dortmund for a while looking at Gundogan and Lewandowski for Everton?

Moyes if you get any one of these, great things will happen for you.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm officially hyped for Man of Steel, the last couple of tv spots sealed it for me. Don't fuck this up please.

Yeah, its genuinely the first thing thats's ever made me interested in Superman so for that I'm fucking hyped.

Guillem thinks Pelligrini to City is done.

Would be believable if it was anyone but that mug

Managed to destroy my computer chair when we messed up our season last year... I'm happy no one was around cause was pretty much acting like a baby lol, also ignored people calling and texting me for a few days completely, just hated everything. Whenever we play Champions League I can't eat up until the games, at all, too nervous especially if we have to go through qualification matches, those are just too horrible. Felt 30 kg's lighter after we beat Rosenborg to get into Champions league in 2010/2011.

God yeah, CL is the worst. There's something about knockout football that makes me shit in my knickers far more than league football ever does aha

Lightning

Banned
I am very excited about this prospect. He has done a magnificent job at Malaga and did quite well at Madrid in his one season there. Certainly can't hurt our chances with Isco either.

I think Mancini is a good coach, but I'm just not sure his man management works particularly well here. It could just be a cultural difference, but it's uncomfortable how he openly throws guys under the bus. He'll land on his feet and probably get the Monaco job that he was looking at last year.

I can see why many fans would be behind him since he was able to win the team trophies after so long, but some (much?) of that success is built on the overall quality of the squad. I don't see any reason why Pellegrini would do notably worse with the same players, so I say give it a shot.
Hopefully that will end your interest in Jovetic leaving it down to us and Juventus. That should mean Fiorentina would rather do business with us since they said previously they don't want to sell players to rvials.

D_prOdigy

I know some us joke about hoping Mancini stays with City because it helps everyone else, but I do think it'd be very harsh to replace him, regardless of the FA Cup result.

I hope he stays.

Clegg

Bla we were originally talking about Baines being the best left back in the Premier League. IMO he's been the best for a couple of seasons now. Ashley Cole is having a bit of a resurgence but Baines has just been so consistent for the last 3 years.

Don't think he's the best in the world though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom