• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

:lol :lol

I love you man. If I'm ever near Manchester we should hang out.

:lol maybe one day! Who knows.

United fans wish but no. I believe Kenwright makes the final decision on Everton transfers but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Moyes unsettles Baines to agitate a move to Untited.

I see Felliani ending up at Chelsea.

Felliani can go anywhere BUT United.

Guillem thinks Pelligrini to City is done.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :(

Give Mancini one more year. He signed a freaking 6 year contract in the summer.

I saw this shit on Twitter earlier. Hang out with him for other reasons, NOT RECYCLED JOKES

Fuck you JT.

:p

Wilbur

Banned
Even Cuntrao is better

loooool nope. I thought Marcelo was the best in the world last season, but he's been injured all year. It's Baines this year.

Who is his competition?

Alba? Been pretty good but they can't defend. Alaba? Really good but the defensive weak link in Bayern's back four. Cole's been injured a lot. Clichy's been solid. Evra is Evra. Coentrao's been pretty good but definitely not Baines level.

Clegg, who do you think is then?

I hope that once Hiddink retires this summer that Anzhi go after Mancini. Would go a long way in returning them to their deserved mediocrity.

Meier

Whats this Pellegrini stuff? Id be quite happy with him

Think the rumors first popped up about 2-2.5 months ago. Was said to be a done deal then but obviously nothing official. Mancini commented on it in the press since at the time lots of names were being bandied about as replacement possibilities. If I recall, he started the post training questions with "Fucking hell!" or something, lol.

About 2 weeks ago Txiki reportedly met with Pellegrini's agent and again Mancini responded to a question about it but this time he was pretty annoyed.

Wilbur

Banned
David Conn has written another negative article on United.

Quelle surprise.

Read it earlier and then thought 'another one? really?' So I typed in David Conn is a prick into google to find some evidence that I wasn't making it up, but yeah he's written a lot of negative ones about us... a few about Liverpool as well.

But yeah, Clegg; best LB in the world?

Lightning

Banned
I know some us joke about hoping Mancini stays with City because it helps everyone else, but I do think it'd be very harsh to replace him, regardless of the FA Cup result.

I hope he stays.
If he's replaced then it can't be because of the teams performance on the pitch (i.e trophies won) but Mancini does bring a lot of shit onto himself. He constantly demands more money for transfers, openly slams his own players lowering team moral, and doesn't seem to accept any responsibility always blaming others when things go wrong.

I still can't get over how bad City were in the CL. Not qualifying in such a hard group is understandable but finishing below Ajax in the group and how they performed is not acceptable.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Read it earlier and then thought 'another one? really?' So I typed in David Conn is a prick into google to find some evidence that I wasn't making it up, but yeah he's written a lot of negative ones about us... a few about Liverpool as well.

Paolo De Ceglie.

Kikarian

Why would the Everton manager have scouted any of Dortmund's first team squad.

Fucking :lol
I'm not to sure. Maybe looking at their Youth squad while also looking at the first team.

It shown Moyes in the stands with a few scouts on some Dortmund games.

Clegg

I've no idea tbh.

Just don't think it's Baines. Does that even make sense?

Wilbur

Banned
Paolo De Ceglie.

ismgqxX0j3t6i.png

I've no idea tbh.

Just don't think it's Baines. Does that even make sense?

... not really :lol

I dunno, I just think you might be thinking that because he's English, he plays for Everton and his name is Leighton. Like, he's not glamorous like Messi or Ronaldo, but I genuinely don't think there's any better left back in the world than him.

His only competition last year was Marcelo, and he's been injured all year. When Chiellini plays left back there's an argument, but that's not too often.

Meier

I can't remember anything important but I have a memory like a steel trap for City news.. did some Googling. I was pretty close when I said about 2.5 months ago was the first report. February 22nd was the first story by the Express -- they reported that Chilean TV station, 24Horas.cl had indicated Pellegrini had accepted the job: http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ally-agrees-to-become-Manchester-City-manager.

According to Chilean TV station, 24Horas.cl, Pellegrini has verbally agreed to become City's new manager.

They also state that the Chilean coach will see out the rest of the season with Malaga, who are still in the Champions League and occupy fourth spot in La Liga.

Here's the story about his press conference the following day:

Despite senior figures at Manchester City rejecting links with Pellegrini, the Malaga coach, as ‘wild speculation’ on Thursday evening, Mancini was asked to give his thoughts on the prospect of the Chilean replacing him at the Etihad Stadium.
“----ing hell!” a smiling Mancini said, when asked about Pellegrini. “I can’t continue to answer [these questions] every week.
“We have another two months of the season and in two months you know what can happen.
“This is normal for you (to television reporter), it’s your job, don’t worry, but I can’t continue to answer each week about one [manager] or another or another.
“But also because I don’t understand this. Why would Manchester City change their manager?

Then this last week: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/03/roberto-mancini-manchester-city-malaga

Roberto Mancini is unhappy at renewed speculation about his job after Txiki Begiristain, Manchester City's director of football, had lunch with the agent of Málaga's coach this week. But City's manager did admit he had no knowledge of why the meeting took place and that the chairman, Khaldoon al-Mubarak, has given no assurances for next season.

Begiristain was seen with Jesús Martínez, the agent representing Manuel Pellegrini, in Madrid on Monday. However Martínez also represents the Málaga midfielder Isco, who may be a summer target. "I hope that he had good dinner," Mancini said. "I don't know why they met. You should ask these questions to Txiki not me. It's not important for me."

Asked if it is a concern Mancini said: "In the last six months you [the media] have written everything. You started six or seven months ago with Pep [Guardiola], [José] Mourinho, Pellegrini, [Carlo] Ancelotti, Brendan Rodgers. I have four years left on my contract. I know that I work with serious people, like Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour [the owner]. If there was another manager who won three trophies in two years you would say nothing about this manager. I don't know why you continue to ask or say these things."

how can he be the best if he hasn't play one game in an european tournament for at least 3 years.

I'm not doubting his quality but what makes you think he's the best in the world?
Agree.

He potentially could be, or could have been, but he needs to be tested at a higher level.

Lets hope that happens next season :)

Wilbur

Banned
Last season it was still Ashley Cole.

Cole was great last year, been injured this year though.

If Baines is the best left back in the world there's a fucking dearth of them.

Eh, true. Baines, Cole, Marcelo and Alba are the only ones I'd consider calling close to top class.

Lahm is the best LB in the world.

But it's his 2nd position :lol

I've been counting Lahm as right back but I guess yeah, he would be if he played there! But for the sake of where they play more often, I'd still pick Baines.

how can he be the best if he hasn't play one game in an european tournament for at least 3 years.

I'm not doubting his quality but what makes you think he's the best in the world?

He is a quality player but like Hixx says, its more lack of competition than anything.

Like I said, the only other ones I'd consider top class are Alba (barely), Cole and Marcelo, and those two have been injured for a while. Maybe I'm forgetting a few people, but off the top of my head I can't think of much more.

Arnie

But I'm glad we got alaba there now.
Why? Baines is better.
I'm not to sure. Maybe looking at their Youth squad while also looking at the first team.

It shown Moyes in the stands with a few scouts on some Dortmund games.
Probably just admiring the best team in Germany, given that he's a fan of the league.

If you're the Everton manager you don't scout Dortmund, unless you're looking to take an underused player from their fringe.
If Baines is the best left back in the world there's a fucking dearth of them.
Like who, Danny Rose?

Clegg

United have been linked with Baines for years. And with Moyes becoming our new manager the media have a very easy transfer story to write.

I won't be getting into this muppet story until one of the parties involved actually confirms that there has been talks.

Kikarian

Probably just admiring the best team in Germany, given that he's a fan of the league.

If you're the Everton manager you don't scout Dortmund, unless you're looking to take an underused player from their fringe.

Like who, Danny Rose?
This is what he was most likely doing obviously.

Of course Everton aren't capable of signing any major Dortmund player. But now he's managing United, he has the opportunity too.

Danny Rose? what?

Arnie

This is what he was most likely doing obviously.

Of course Everton aren't capable of signing any major Dortmund player. But now he's managing United, he has the opportunity too.

Don't think Gundogan's a possibility at all.

Lewandowski is, as we all know, but I think his agent came out recently and suggested that whilst he does want to play in the Premier League, he isn't ready to just yet.

because he's just 20 years old and has a bright future ahead of him
Look at his hair though.

Kikarian

Don't think Gundogan's a possibility at all.

Lewandowski is, as we all know, but I think his agent came out recently and suggested that whilst he does want to play in the Premier League, he isn't ready to just yet.

Look at his hair though.
I think to get Gundogan away from Dortmund at the moment you'd have to do something special.
Lewandowski's the most likely to leave in the summer, it's just, like you said whether he wants to.

Wes

venison crêpe
Loads of journos chiming in on the Mancini out, Pellegrini in rumour - has it been confirmed and I missed it?

I was busy watching new BBC drama trailers.

Arnie

I think to get Gundogan away from Dortmund at the moment you'd have to do something special.
Lewandowski's the most likely to leave in the summer, it's just, like you said whether he wants to.

I agree that the only way you'd extract Gundogan from Dortmund is with a freezer full of cash, which, hilariously, is pretty much the antithesis of David Moyes.

Can't wait for this summer.

Clegg

Loads of journos chiming in on the Mancini out, Pellegrini in rumour - has it been confirmed and I missed it?

I was busy watching new BBC drama trailers.

They're all referencing a story Guillem Balague wrote for Spanish paper AS.

And as with all Balague stories, take it with a pinch of salt.

Fintan

Cole is still good, especially considering his injury problems. Bertrand has been a good back-up, but I don't think he's a long term successor to Cole. I had thought that he could be for a while, but I've cooled on that idea now.

Wilbur

Banned
Cole is still good, especially considering his injury problems. Bertrand has been a good back-up, but I don't think he's a long term successor to Cole. I had thought that he could be for a while, but I've cooled on that idea now.

Luke Shaw #believe

Feorax

City obviously saw how badly United fucked up their new manager announcement and thought "we can out-do that".

Lo and behold.

Empty

i don't see why everton scouting dortmund is ridiculous. they have very similar wage bills. perisic played in plenty of bundesliga games and came off the bench in the champions league against ajax and madrid then was sold to wolfsburg in january. *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom