• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's just temp, I'm trying to find a better one but I'm too lazy :lol
This will make a sweet avatar
0802040650001img_9684-.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
David Conn is a terrible writer. Which is weird because he writes the same article every time.

Watching the Treble DVD (well, it's on YouTube), had it on video back in the day. Spent my Christmas/birthday money in the club shop and bought the Treble video, the Italian Job one (more extensive highlights of the Inter and Juve games), maybe another video and a Beckham shirt. Don't think I really appreciated as a youngster just how much trolling we did over the course of that season. Lothar Matthaus, loooool. Poor bastard.

Won the league with 79 points lol

My favourite United team is still 2006/07 and 2007/08. Right amount of defensive solidity and attacking flair. Was just a bit too young to fully appreciate the treble team.

2002-06 was pretty shitty United teams but we had Ruud to get me through <3

I didn't even know that at that time. I was only aware of the swedish players :lol. But from what you're saying they are coming stronger so that's pretty good, looking forward to it. If Dinamo has what you call RUssia's future a striker position then they have to find one who can at least come somewhat close to Yashin's skills...imagine that!

Also I'm pretty sure you hurt Koko's feeling, he's the nicest Madrid member here :(

I have nothing against Koko, but it would have been awkward if I posted shit like "I want to have your babies Koko!" when Kokorin puts three goals past Portugal next month.

And shame on you for not knowing about Akinfeev. He's easily a top 10 keeper in the world in my opinion. Him getting hurt last season made CSKA go from first in the league to missing the CL.

GolazoDan

Well, objectively, he isn't. And no, he doesn't.
I mean he's a good writer in the sense that his sentences are properly constructed, his spelling's to a good standard and his grammar's acceptable.

Remember when he used United winning the title to write another article about the Glazers and how United were screwed. And when he wrote an article about how United signing Robin van Persie couldn't mask what the Glazers were doing and how United were screwed. And how floating United on the stock exchange meant the Glazers were gonna mess it up and United were screwed. And now Fergie's no longer the manager the Glazers are gonna wreck shit and United are screwed.

Because he wrote all those articles.

Arnie

I mean he's a good writer in the sense that his sentences are properly constructed, his spelling's to a good standard and his grammar's acceptable.

Remember when he used United winning the title to write another article about the Glazers and how United were screwed. And when he wrote an article about how United signing Robin van Persie couldn't mask what the Glazers were doing and how United were screwed. And how floating United on the stock exchange meant the Glazers were gonna mess it up and United were screwed. And now Fergie's no longer the manager the Glazers are gonna wreck shit and United are screwed.

Because he wrote all those articles.

And the Glazers could still fuck over United in a big way.

The green and gold campaign (stupid fucking name, btw) didn't end with title number 20 and that RVP volley versus Villa.

GolazoDan

Won the league with 79 points lol

My favourite United team is still 2006/07 and 2007/08. Right amount of defensive solidity and attacking flair. Was just a bit too young to fully appreciate the treble team.

2002-06 was pretty shitty United teams but we had Ruud to get me through <3
Ruud was the boss. Henry was the better overall player but Ruuuuuuuuuud. What a finisher. What a man.

07/08 was kind of a throwback to 98/99. Really the 07/08 team lasted for the 08/09 season too plus MACHEDAAAAAAAAA.

Wilbur

Banned
Ruud was the boss. Henry was the better overall player but Ruuuuuuuuuud. What a finisher. What a man.

07/08 was kind of a throwback to 98/99. Really the 07/08 team lasted for the 08/09 season too plus MACHEDAAAAAAAAA.

08/09 was the 1-0 season though right? I don't remember much of that season, considering the crescendo was getting bummed into oblivion by Xavi Hernandez

What the fuck? I'm back 5 mins and I've got to endure this stinging personal attack?

Everyone knows I've got a long history with sloths.

I'm telling a mod

/Kyoufu

butthurt

Fuck I was so proud of that earlier when he mentioned haemorrhoids and butthurt, and then it turns out it was real and the joke was just... not a joke

Randdalf

Apparently Oscar broke the appearance record for Chelsea this season, which is interesting, considering quite a few of his appearances must have come off the bench.

Man, it's such a shame what the FA Cup has become. Even 10 years ago it was one of the biggest weekends in the footballing calendar, as it is now I would rather see Sunday's matches.

And the teams in the final this year...whoever wins, we lose.

GolazoDan

Think 08/09 was a load of 1-0s but it also had an enjoyably nostalgic throwback to Spurs 3-5 United with that United 5-2 Spurs game.

Ronaldo ripped off his shirt and I can't lie, I felt a twinge.

Arnie

They don't. Hasn't been a major thing for a good number of years now. Probably peaked in 09/10.
If campaigning against the Glazers still exists then that's probably for the best. Never sat right with me how many people were profiting from selling those noncy scarves and passing it off as helping the club.

Not that I should care.
u have no idea how popular slytherin still is
Slythering/Hufflepuff merger pretty much sums up United.

Horrible, slimy, worthless cunts.

Suen

Arsenal target Jovetic feels unloved at Fiorentina, says Toni

Luca Toni has fuelled speculation Stevan Jovetic could leave Fiorentina after revealing the forward feels unloved at the club.

Jovetic is the Viola's leading goalscorer this season but has struggled for form of late - failing to find the back of the net since March.

And Toni's comments will do little to extinguish talk of an exit from the club for the Montenegrin forward.

"Stevan feels the Fiorentina fans treat him without love," Toni told a press conference.

"Everybody says that the player's struggles will end when he starts scoring again.

"The way I see it in this difficult period is that Jovetic is only supported when he is making a difference on the field. At the moment, there is no enthusiasm towards him - he does not feel loved."
See you in the next season Jovetic!

Zabojnik

See you in the next season Jovetic!

He doesn't feel loved, huh. Might be a cliche, but yeah, his relationship with Viola fans has always been a bit strange. They love him, but they don't love him. I think his injuries and odd recovery times over the past few seasons played a huge role in that. That's why with Jovetic, you're basically buying the potential, the fantastic player you know he could turn into, if he'll able to finally switch to that last footballing gear. For 30M&#8364;, he's a very risky signing. We'll probably try to offer 20M&#8364; + Matri or/and Quagliarella, which Della Valle will refuse. Congrats, City/Arsenal. And good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom