• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.

In the image search for it I stumbled upon this amazing collection of sexy gifs:

(NSFW) http://tapiture.com/shlomo/gifs

So thanks again.

pipe-1-62bd2a4c-original.gif

She can fiddle with my pipe whenever she wants.

Noirulus

What do you reckon of your potential signing of 53mil Neymar?

Not sure, tbh. Neymar is an incredible talent but I'm not sure if he's the type of player we need. Plus, where would he fit? IIRC he's a left winger and we already have Ronaldo there. CAM is already taken by Ozil and Ozil is shit on RW.

So unless Ronaldo ends up leaving (OMG PLS NO) I think it's best Madrid don't sign him.

Yes, I think Ovechkin is hurt, he's almost invisible out there :(

Leafs will push it to game 7 and then lose in heartbreaking fashion. Book it!

Lolol, probably. Toronto's sports scene is so fucking tragic.

Timurid

Are the red wings still good or are they shit?

I remember when they had Federov, Shananhan, Yzerman, and Lidstrom. Federov was my favorite hockey player.

Lightning

Banned
That Monaco chairman is an idiot. Saying he wants to spend 200mil has just confirmed the clubs of his targets are going to inflate the prices on him and his club won't get value for their money.

Well at least he's starting to wake up and mature but he has let Mancini down big time and himself. City are odds on to ship him out if they can bring Isco in to replace him.

And you don't seem hyped for Jovetic anymore. Any reason?

Meier

Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri has revealed criticism from manager Roberto Mancini has helped him to improve in the latter stages of this season, admitting his attitude threatened to derail his career at the start of the year.
Nasri told The Times: "I didn't take it wrongly. He is the manager, he can say whatever he wants. I agreed with him. I knew. Sometimes I don't need him to tell me because I'm professional. When I go home, I watch the games again because I love football. I watch every game: second division, Premier League.

"I know if I've played well or if I've played s*** and, for eight months, I wasn't good. I didn't deserve to be in the national team. So I understand what the manager was saying because it must be frustrating when you have a quality player and he doesn't perform and you don't know why because you try to play him there; play him there, but he still doesn't perform."
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1442617?

Shame it took so long. :(

Meier

Well at least he's starting to wake up and mature but he has let Mancini down big time and himself. City are odds on to ship him out if they can bring Isco in to replace him.

And you don't seem hyped for Jovetic anymore. Any reason?

I'd love to get Jo-Jo but I'm not sure he's the guy we need right now. It seems like they really want a 25-30 goal striker and he might not be that yet. Who knows. There is going to be a lot of turnover and I guess we're just all along for the ride. I can understand why Mancini was so disappointed. Realistically, Nasri's shit performances are probably going to cost him his job or close to it. If he'd even bothered to be useful in just a handful of the games he sucked shit in, we're probably still fighting for the title.

I think a guy like Neymar pays off his transfer fee within the first year from shirt sales and sponsorship options alone. His marketability is through the roof.

Fry

24 will be back. Just re-subscribed to my Netflix account to re-watch the show. and get ready for AD of course.

Lightning

Banned
I'd love to get Jo-Jo but I'm not sure he's the guy we need right now. It seems like they really want a 25-30 goal striker and he might not be that yet. Who knows. There is going to be a lot of turnover and I guess we're just all along for the ride. I can understand why Mancini was so disappointed. Realistically, Nasri's shit performances are probably going to cost him his job or close to it. If he'd even bothered to be useful in just a handful of the games he sucked shit in, we're probably still fighting for the title.

I think a guy like Neymar pays off his transfer fee within the first year from shirt sales and sponsorship options alone. His marketability is through the roof.
If Mancini loses his job it won't be because Man City didn't win the premier league. City are going to go through a lot of managers if that is their policy but it's more because they more than likely feel that Mancini's man management is not up to standard and neither are his tactics in matches. Txiki will have an idea of what he thinks is best for the club going forward and if he thinks Mancini will be an block in achieving it then Mancini will need to go. I honestly don't think the Malaga manager is all that, he is not a long term solution either.

I like Mancini press conferences because of the laughs he provides but if I was a City fan I wouldn't be so impressed.

Nasri disappoints me. He has childish like antics, acts very immaturely. Like how he responded to the silliness of the Arsenal fans, it's not something a professional should do or act. On the field he acts the same but I often wonder where he would be if he didn't leave us when he did and took on the Fabregas role for our club. I'll never know but the player has a lot of growing up to do unfortunately because for all his talent he is an asshole of a personality to have in the dressing room when things don't go his way or he doesn't get enough attention.

Salazar

Yo Confuziz

Advocaat put Strootz on the market

liverpool and tottenham hotspur, I think he can come along. also manchester city and manchester united Strootman is no less than gareth barry though. it is for each team of great value. especially when he is surrounded by better players

lmao

He's doing him no favours there.

kQC14yr.png

sohois

We're going to see a Hendo/Jonjo midfield against Fulham, and you're all going to love it.

http://assets3.lfcimages.com/uploads/168639337ap004_liverpool_tr.jpg[IMG]

By the way, if anyone could cut Suso's head out of this photo for perfect avatar usage I'd be extremely grateful. Perhaps get a bit of his jacket in to not make it look too strange.[/QUOTE]

From a few pages back. Edges aren't great.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7VFGsy1.png?1

So, anyone else excited for Cup final day, except us City fans?

I'm not expecting much from Wigan. I know a trophy is a trophy but surely staying up this year is of utmost importance, what with all that TV money. They didn't look convincing against Swansea at all and they needed that win. If we turn up I'm expecting a bit of a rout.

Meier

I'm not expecting much from Wigan. I know a trophy is a trophy but surely staying up this year is of utmost importance, what with all that TV money. They didn't look convincing against Swansea at all and they needed that win. If we turn up I'm expecting a bit of a rout.
Pantilimon has played well during the FA Cup but I will always be a bit nervous with him in goal. We need to score early to give us a bit of breathing room.

Lightning

Banned

I hope Wigan put in a huge shift against City so they are tired when we play them on Tuesday. My interest in this match ends there.

Result does not matter. Only how Wigan come out of the game matters.

Pantilimon has played well during the FA Cup but I will always be a bit nervous with him in goal. We need to score early to give us a bit of breathing room.

Very true, I really don't have complete faith in him but then, who does in their reserve keeper? If Wigan put in another defensive performance similar to their last game I dont think we'll have that much trouble scoring early.

Just really hope it isn't another bore 1-0

I hope Wigan put in a huge shift against City so they are tired when we play them on Tuesday. My interest in this match ends there.

Result does not matter. Only how Wigan come out of the game matters.

That's a huge match for both of ye which is why I don't think Wigan will turn up, they'll have an eye on that game.

rodvik

I think this game is Wigans focus, more than the league, at least for the players. Winning the cup is something a player might do once in his career is he is lucky.

I hope they make it a good game and as Lightning says, are knackered when they play Arsenal :)

Lightning

Banned
I think this game is Wigans focus, more than the league, at least for the players. Winning the cup is something a player might do once in his career is he is lucky.

I hope they make it a good game and as Lightning says, are knackered when they play Arsenal :)
Btw, unless you take points of Chelsea deals off and we throw the game against Wigan so they can relegate your asses next week for screwing us out of 3rd spot!

That's a huge match for both of ye which is why I don't think Wigan will turn up, they'll have an eye on that game.
I don't think Wigan will see it that way. How many years do you think it will be before Wigan have a chance like this again? I don't think it matters though. With the way Wigan defend they cannot beat us, whether they are tired or not.

rodvik

Btw, unless you take points of Chelsea deals off and we throw the game against Wigan so they can relegate your asses next week for screwing us out of 3rd spot!

lol :) Dude we are so far off Chelseas quality it aint even funny (or any top 4 team for that matter).

Only one positive I can think off. Apparently we have sold out Villa park for the game (Petrov will be leading the team out) so maybe, just maybe if we can get the crowd involved we could nick a point.

I'm counting the City and Wigan supporters that come thru the shop while I'm working today, going to put a fiver correct score bet on whatever totals they end up on, just for laughs. Currently 1 - 1

Lightning

Banned
lol :) Dude we are so far off Chelseas quality it aint even funny (or any top 4 team for that matter).

Only one positive I can think off. Apparently we have sold out Villa park for the game (Petrov will be leading the team out) so maybe, just maybe if we can get the crowd involved we could nick a point.
Think positive! I can always hope Everton pull one out for Moyes farewell but that is a long shot. Villa need to do it!

Honestly I am not that worried about Wigan. I'm more concerned with the Newcastle game. I'm hoping they get at least a draw and we beat Wigan making next week a nothing game for them.

Also need Southampton to beat Sunderland, draw is no good, need a Southampton victory.

England has a massive amount of professional clubs compared to other countries. There are 72 teams in the football league and literally hundreds (thousands?) of pro/semi-pro clubs around the country. I can understand why people may have a local team and still support a bigger PL/Championship club that they have an affinity with.

Wigan is a good example. It's a town in Greater Manchester that is traditionally a Rugby League town. Wigan FC up until 2005 weren't even in the PL; in fact, they were way down in divisions 3,4,5 etc until relatively recently. So if you're a kid growing up in Wigan, then sure, you might keep an eye on your local team, but you're naturally going to gravitate towards United or Liverpool who are in the top division, on TV every week, with massive followings and who are based just a few miles away.

It makes Wigan's current position and their FA Cup run even more remarkable.

If I only supported my local team, I'd be stuck watching the Blue Square South every week. If I expanded a bit, I'd go with Reading or Wycombe. Sharing counties with them makes me no more a fan of the towns than I am Slough or any other bollocks little hell-hole. Fuck Reading, and fuck Wycombe. Or I could have expanded more and gone with a London club, which would leave me with Chelsea. And bollocks to Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom