• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

qHb0Kze.gif

Nothing is impossible, motherfucker.

This is Aston Villa we are talking about.

multimedia-background-image-for-aston-villa-fans-give-their-verdict-on-semi-final-loss-599745054-110795.jpg

bjaelke

Jim Boardman @JimBoardman
Surprised nobody's suggested it was Mancini's idea to part company with MCFC now that the EFC job has come up.

99AahjI.jpg

Blablurn

We're getting the title today! Can't believe it. The last time I saw the celebration was even before my first trip in China which took place in August 2010.

I've now seen 6 City fans and 1 Wigan supporter. None of the City fans I talked to were confidant of us scoring goals. One was actually quite in distant that we would only win thru a 93rd minute Wigan OG. Don't know where he pulled that from.

I've now seen 6 City fans and 1 Wigan supporter. None of the City fans I talked to were confidant of us scoring goals. One was actually quite in distant that we would only win thru a 93rd minute Wigan OG. Don't know where he pulled that from.

I want to punch everyone who makes precise predictions.

Feorax

Interesting, looks like Skrtel is staying.

So I assume our CBs will be Agger, Skrtel, Kelly, and one other.

Having 5 would be overkill.

Interesting, looks like Skrtel is staying.

So I assume our CBs will be Agger, Skrtel, Kelly, and one other.

Having 5 would be overkill.

That is weird. Rodgers clearly doesn't like him much, unless he saw enough of him last season to see that there is a lot of ability somewhere in there.

Coates on loan to Sunderland, fuck knows who we'll bring in if we're keeping Skrtel. Too early to have Wisdom as fourth choice imo.

Salazar

lol, I was joking when I said Arsenal would sign from Ligue 2

Arsenal are continuing to monitor Guingamp midfielder Gilbert Imbula as they bid to strengthen their squad.

The Gunners are keen to bring in a defensively minded midfielder, having failed to replace Alex Song after his move to Barcelona a year ago.

The 20-year-old Imbula is valued at £8million and holds the record as the youngest player to play in the Ligue 2, at 17 years, one month and four days.

Feorax

That is weird. Rodgers clearly doesn't like him much, unless he saw enough of him last season to see that there is a lot of ability somewhere in there.

Coates on loan to Sunderland, fuck knows who we'll bring in if we're keeping Skrtel. Too early to have Wisdom as fourth choice imo.

Adbennour has been mentioned a lot, I assume as the left-sided partner to Kelly. That would mean Skrtel into the first XI though, whoch I'm not sure how I feel about.

Not good for Liverpool. You need good defenders, Skrtel is crap.

I agree, but we really need depth in so many areas, and Skrtel was our POTY last year. i could see the logic in Rodgers giving him until Jan, and strengthening in other areas.

Skeptical mind you.

My sources say Gomez to Arsenal is a done deal. My thanks Bayern!

Not good for Liverpool. You need good defenders, Skrtel is crap.

Skrtel is crap in the same way that Koscielny is crap. ie. not really crap, but inconsistent to the point that they can't be trusted if you want your team to achieve something

Blablurn

Heynckes annuounced he is going to retire. I hope we will give him a nice farewell by winning the CL this year. COME ON GAF! LETS DO THIS TOGETHER!

I do think I cared less when it was City vs. Stoke cause who the fuck wants either team to win it. At least here I wouldn't mind if Wigan won it.

Yeah I guess. The Stoke match was a bit interesting though as it was the stepping stone for City to make the leap from nothing-team to successful nothing-team.

qindarka

Banned
lol :) Dude we are so far off Chelseas quality it aint even funny (or any top 4 team for that matter).

Only one positive I can think off. Apparently we have sold out Villa park for the game (Petrov will be leading the team out) so maybe, just maybe if we can get the crowd involved we could nick a point.

Have faith. You guys are on fantastic form and have a great record against Chelsea at Villa Park. Chelsea'a away form is awful, anyway.

Wigan to win the FA Cup then launch a great escape. Believe.

Lightning

Banned
Skrtel is crap in the same way that Koscielny is crap. ie. not really crap, but inconsistent to the point that they can't be trusted if you want your team to achieve something
Replace Koscielny with Vermaelen and I would agree with you. Since getting his place back Kos has been immense and played a huge part in us only conceding 4 goals in our past 9 games.

Have faith. You guys are on fantastic form and have a great record against Chelsea at Villa Park. Chelsea'a away form is awful, anyway.

Wigan to win the FA Cup then launch a great escape. Believe.
You think Wigan are coming to the Emirates and beating us again? LOL No.

Heynckes annuounced he is going to retire. I hope we will give him a nice farewell by winning the CL this year. COME ON GAF! LETS DO THIS TOGETHER!
Fuck Bayern is the only farewell he will get from me. You replaced him in December/January before the season even ended announced it. That's some respect for ya Bayern.

Replace Koscielny with Vermaelen and I would agree with you. Since getting his place back Kos has been immense and played a huge part in us only conceding 4 goals in our past 9 games.

You think Wigan are coming to the Emirates and beating us again? LOL No.

Skrtel is better at defending than Vermaelen. The mistakes Skrtel makes tends to be him trying to be too proactive, trying to win the ball too early and leaving himself open to be passed around, dribbled around, or giving away a foul. Vermaelen is completely clueless positionally game-in, game-out.

Lightning

Banned
Skrtel is better at defending than Vermaelen. The mistakes Skrtel makes tends to be him trying to be too proactive, trying to win the ball too early and leaving himself open to be passed around, dribbled around, or giving away a foul. Vermaelen is completely clueless positionally game-in, game-out.
This season hasn't been the best for Vermaelen to be fair but he knows how to defend. You don't become captain for club and country by being worse than Skrtel and not knowing how to defend.

To call Vermaelen completely clueless is exaggerating slightly although this year he has let us down quite badly when we really needed him to step up.

fuenf

Fuck Bayern is the only farewell he will get from me. You replaced him in December/January before the season even ended announced it. That's some respect for ya Bayern.

Nah he didnt want to commit for 13/14 and it was pretty clear that he was going to retire in the next 1-3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom