• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
This season hasn't been the best for Vermaelen to be fair but he knows how to defend. You don't become captain for club and country by being worse than Skrtel and not knowing how to defend.

To call Vermaelen completely clueless is exaggerating slightly although this year he has let us down quite badly when we really needed him to step up.

Whenever I've seen him ever since he joined Arsenal, I've seen him as being a step away from where he should be positioned. He used to have the pace and strength to make up for that, but this season he's been two steps off,and can't quite make up for it :p

And your captaincy is meaningless tbh. It went to Henry, Fabregas and Van Persie by virtue of them being your best players at the time, and in Fabregas' case as a transparent attempt to keep him at the club.

Lightning

Banned
Whenever I've seen him ever since he joined Arsenal, I've seen him as being a step away from where he should be positioned. He used to have the pace and strength to make up for that, but this season he's been two steps off,and can't quite make up for it :p

And your captaincy is meaningless tbh. It went to Henry, Fabregas and Van Persie by virtue of them being your best players at the time, and in Fabregas' case as a transparent attempt to keep him at the club.
I had a long reply to that and lost it. Stuff it, not writing it again. You're probably getting Ashley Williams anyway which means bench for Skrtel which is where he belongs.

lol, when u have the chance to get guardiola u have to go for it. im sure jupp knew about it.
What are your expectations of Guardiola? I don't quite get his hype but he abandoned Barca at the right time.

Salazar

RAWK 2013/14 optimism/transfer buzz thread is away and cooking

Our first team is not that far off Utd's except they need to play at the same high level every match.

With Mourinho back and Man city likely to be better then this year and we have Tottenahm, Arsenal, Man united and some other average clubs over performing.

ian herbert ‏@ianherbs 1h
Ferguson was a bully and dictator when he wanted to be. Moyes can make #mufc a better place. Saturday column

FUCK OFF YOU WET LITTLE SEMI-LITERATE BASTARD

Hilarious how all these poxy journalist twats want Moyes to be nice to them while they gear up to shaft him to death if he loses the Community Shield

Blablurn

I had a long reply to that and lost it. Stuff it, not writing it again. You're probably getting Ashley Williams anyway which means bench for Skrtel which is where he belongs.

What are your expectations of Guardiola? I don't quite get his hype but he abandoned Barca at the right time.

too be honest? I'm afraid he won't deliver in the first season. Let's say we win the CL. Then it's going to be really tough to motivate the players (maybe he can fight this by buying some new ones). Let's say we'll lose it. Then I don't know if players like Lahm, Schweini and Ribery are able to recover : (

too be honest? I'm afraid he won't deliver in the first season. Let's say we win the CL. Then it's going to be really tough to motivate the players (maybe he can fight this by buying some new ones). Let's say we'll lose it. Then I don't know if players like Lahm, Schweini and Ribery are able to recover : (

Don't worry, Pep will sell Ribery.

fuenf

If we win it he could play up the "being the first team to retain it" angle. but yeah otherwise we are screwed

LTWheels

Nork Korea's Silent Fooball Matches

http://bbc.in/17SrLxi

Foreign visitors to North Korea are allowed to attend sports matches alongside their minders. But football in this secretive republic has little in common with the passion and glamour of the Europe's major leagues.

The game was a sell-out, though you would never have guessed it.

As we entered the 50,000-seater Kim Il-Sung Stadium below the watchful eye of the Eternal President and Great Leader, not forgetting his son, the Supreme Leader Kim Jong-Il, there was no-one to be seen.

There were no queues, no turnstiles and certainly no hotdog stands or programme sellers.

But once inside it was a different matter. Every seat was taken and row upon row of men sat silently, wearing identical dark suits and red ties, everyone sporting a tiny enamel badge on their left breast.

No, not of Pyongyang FC, but of the Great Leader himself.

The artificial pitch looked immaculate under the spring morning sun. Kick off was at half past nine.

Maybe it was the early start but there were no chants and no flags or scarves in sight, just a quiet murmur around the darkened rows of seats.

Many of the fans were soldiers in green uniforms and broad-brimmed hats.

I do not know if they were under orders to attend but some were quietly reading paperbacks and showed no interest in the game.

The opposition, the crack army outfit Amrokgang, looked stronger in the first half but it was a scrappy match.

Pyongyang fought back and won a penalty though you would be hard pressed to know that from the reaction of the crowd. There was none.

My travelling buddies decided to inject some old-style terrace atmosphere of our own and we chanted: "One nil to the referee, one nil to the referee."

The dozen or so Westerners who had joined us in the VIP box - at 30 euros a seat, hard currency only please - laughed at us.

One or two even joined in as we grew bolder: "Pyongyang ooh, ooh! Pyongyang ooh, ooh!"

But the locals just stared at us. In a land where it appears you must ask permission to speak, this show of individuality, of spontaneity, was not seen as rude, or aggressive. They just stared blankly at us.

panty

Well that was totally worth it.

We were better than Dortmund but the first game was trigged, you heard it here first.

Anyone in Barcelona? There's a match tonight AWWW YYEEAAHH
IT94kM2.jpg

ibsZglUXI1lVBq.gif

iLASo2CyZl3BD.gif

spidye

Heynckes annuounced he is going to retire. I hope we will give him a nice farewell by winning the CL this year. COME ON GAF! LETS DO THIS TOGETHER!

uhmmm
I still don't like him much. he was responsible for our implosion after the winter break and the dfb cup final last year
he was so sure that we win the cl final that he refused to train for a possible penalty shootout.

fuck him. I'll forgive him if we win the cl and dfb cup this year.

fuenf

uhmmm
I still don't like him much. he was responsible for our implosion after the winter break and the dfb cup final last year
he was so sure that we win the cl final that he refused to train for a possible penalty shootout.

fuck him. I'll forgive him if we win the cl and dfb cup this year.

nah he redeemed himself, I think he changed once Pep signed his contract. It took all the pressure off of him and he was like "fuck it, let's have some fun and actually win shit."

Messi

Did not expect olivia to be one of the two people listed in the first post of the thread 'actors who are cast only because of their looks' dude is crazy olivia is a decent actor

spidye

nah he redeemed himself, I think he changed once Pep signed his contract. It took all the pressure off of him and he was like "fuck it, let's have some fun and actually win shit."

not for me. if he wins the cl this year then yeah. otherwise he will always be the vizetrainer

see leverkusen and our last year

Messi

The new United kit is up for preorder on Sportsdirect for 49.99 (sans picture for the moment) please no one pay the extortion fees that kitbag are charging.

Wilbur

Banned
When was the last great FA Cup final? Liverpool - West Ham?

It's seemed so shit recently.

Probably. I think I remember the 2007 final being turgid apart from Drogba's goal, I can't even remember who was in the 2008 one. Was that the year Portsmouth won?

I think every finale's been 1-0 apart from last year hasn't it? The last 20 minutes of last year was great, with Carroll hurling himself around like a fat boy on a skateboard

WJD

Also, I've been doing some thinking and I've decided we should sign Fellaini. I'm actually surprised so many people have considered him nothing more than a lanky afro to hoof the ball up to; he can quite easily dominate games from a deep position and is really very good with his feet (good touch for a big man lololololol). Everyone's been crying out for a strong, imposing midfielder to sit next to Carrick and he's more than capable of doing it.

Strong, surprisingly mobile, solid enough passer and he has excellent hair. Fuck that elbow shit though.

Tc91

Did anyone see that Fergie video on soccer am? I understand if you don't watch it cause it's absolute shit.

But Helen Chamberlain filmed him at a karaoke night and hasn't shown the video to anyone for 2 years.

It was brilliant, I imagine it'd be on Youtube soon.

Salazar

Also, I've been doing some thinking and I've decided we should sign Fellaini. I'm actually surprised so many people have considered him nothing more than a lanky afro to hoof the ball up to; he can quite easily dominate games from a deep position and is really very good with his feet (good touch for a big man lololololol). Everyone's been crying out for a strong, imposing midfielder to sit next to Carrick and he's more than capable of doing it.

Strong, surprisingly mobile, solid enough passer and he has excellent hair. Fuck that elbow shit though.

We can do better for the same money and his attitude stinks.

I don't care if his attitude suddenly improves when he gets a move to Manchester United.

I've watched him be a total lazy, violent, cheating prick for Everton, and I want no piece of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom