• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noirulus

So the Madrid - Espanyol game ended 1-1, eh? I can just picture the boring, uncreative football that was played by Madrid.

Gratz to Barca for winning the league.

Wes

venison crêpe
@sidlowe 21m
Last ten la liga titles: Barça, Madrid, Barça, Barça, Barça, Madrid, Madrid, Barça, Barça, Valencia.

ZZZzzzz

Wilbur

Banned
What is the color of your team again?!

RED

ibuRcY3KNauuqF.gif

Lightning

Banned
Speaking of Arsenal how would you guys rate Podolski's season?
Much better than Giroud. He is decent on attack and provides good crosses and is an excellent finisher. His defensive work sucks but so does Walcott, Santi snd Gervinho. He needs to improve his workrate/fitness or health because I am tired of him not being able to finish games. The most subbed player in our squad. Overall happy but improvement needed next season.

Giroud is poor. Needs to be benched. This guy pisses me off!

Salazar

You guys keep advocating for Rooney to leave and yet you don't want him at Chelsea....what if Kagawa doesn't live up to expectation? what if he doesn't fit in? it has happened before with other quality players who couldn't fit in, for whatever reason. I would prefer he works on his fitness and stays.

Kagawa is a hard worker and a nice bloke with lots of potential to get better.

Rooney increasingly coasts and sulks, and is a prat. And wants to go.

Wilbur

Banned
Was meaning to ask this, but did "I made a huge mistake" line from the Ronaldo gif came from Arrested Development? I noticed Gob saying that in the same fashion :p

Yep! Where are you? I'm rewatching it, on the last ep of S2. It's so fucking good, I laugh out loud about 10 times every episode.

You guys keep advocating for Rooney to leave and yet you don't want him at Chelsea....what if Kagawa doesn't live up to expectation? what if he doesn't fit in? it has happened before with other quality players who couldn't fit in, for whatever reason. I would prefer he works on his fitness and stays.

Except I've said that every season for like 5 years now and he always comes back a tubbo. He doesn't have the right attitude any more.

Wes

venison crêpe
You have to be kidding.

Yes I was. Although his analysis of Benteke's elbow was pretty good.

By the way guys, have you read some of the programming planned for BTSport channel? An hour long show Monday to Thursday at 10pm discussing football for one.

Thanks, congrats to you guys too. :)

If only the rest of Man Utd had the spirit of Welberg against Madrid. Would have been a different world(and if Bwin didn't get Nani sent off)

If RVP was on form then, hnnnnnnnnnnnng. We all know that red Ferrari from Madrid gave red to our Ferrari.

Downgraded to 'the rest', feelsbadman.

gCVHSk3.gif

Even worse, he referred to you as "the resit" Not even "the rest".

:(

loooooooool

sorry Linius <3

Please understand (Iwata) it's a little late here. I could barely remember to spell check :p

Wilbur

Banned
By the way guys, have you read some of the programming planned for BTSport channel? An hour long show Monday to Thursday at 10pm discussing football for one.

How much is it if I don't have a BT box? Can I get it on Sky/Virgin/Freeview? Dunno if I'll be able to afford it moving out next year, but I miss watching football on a big telly :/

Lightning

Banned
An Arsenal win this Tuesday is the only thing that will cheer me up now after giving Barca the title by losing to fucking Espanyol. It just had to be their local rivals :lol.
Not true buddy Stoke taking points off Spurs in just over 12 hours will be pretty damn satisfying as well!

Suen

PORTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Holy shit! PORTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Congrats, the end was really amazing and emotional. Would have loved to be there just to experience that moment (and see Jesus falling to his knees). Atmosphere must have been fucking great.

Zabojnik

Ball winning midfielder! Although Vidal is more box to box, like the Gerrard of old

Ball winning midfielder ... that is more of a definition of the midfielder's characteristics than his position though. Mezzala means 'half-winger' in italian.

3-5-2 formation midfield: LWB - [???] - [CM/DM] - [???] - [RWB]

4-3-3 formation midfield: [???] - [CM/DM] - [???]

How is this position defined outside of Italy, usually?

Ball Winning Midfielder.

But isn't Vidal more of a box to box player?

I'd say so, yeah. He's also a BWM though. He does fucking everything.

Linius

Yep! Where are you? I'm rewatching it, on the last ep of S2. It's so fucking good, I laugh out loud about 10 times every episode.

I once watched the first eight episodes (two years back or so) so I just started over from the pilot again. Arrived at episode seven in a couple of days time now. It's so much better than I remembered. Buster had such great moments where they beeped away what he said :lol

Oh and the George Micheal Oz joke was fucking golden :D

WJD

Ball Winning Midfielder.

But isn't Vidal more of a box to box player?

Worked incredibly for me as a BWM. Stick him box to box against shit teams but in Europe and tough away games his attributes lend themselves perfectly to a ball winner. Phil Jones is also brilliant there.

@sidlowe 21m
Last ten la liga titles: Barça, Madrid, Barça, Barça, Barça, Madrid, Madrid, Barça, Barça, Valencia.

ZZZzzzz

that's nothing. from 82-83 to 12-13:

Benfica
Benfica
Porto
Porto
Benfica
Porto
Benfica
Porto
Benfica
Porto
Porto
Benfica
Porto
Porto
Porto
Porto
Porto
Sporting
Boavista
Sporting
Porto
Porto
Benfica
Porto
Porto
Porto
Porto
Benfica
Porto
Porto
Porto

Lambda, write a poem for all three of us :'(

saving my skills for Wednesday.

fuenf

I can understand why you'd be annoyed that more people like Dortmund than Bayern here, it gets a bit annoying too when more people talk shit about United here.

You have to understand though, with great success more people will dislike you. Look at Barca and Man Utd (People dislike Madrid but they don't do much, poor Madrid lol) they're disliked by many people for just taking all the trophies from their clubs each year. I've always thought if you're hated then you're doing well in football.

I'll admit it's a strange feeling to finally have a real rival. Before Dortmund's recent emergence Bayern was the only consistent top team in Germany and Dortmund / Bremen / Schalke (+Stuttgart / Wolfsburg) all took turns challenging Bayern. But Dortmund's definitely there to stay now.

What really annoys me though, is that us Bayern-fans get called "Erfolgsfans" by our fellow Germans, I don't really know the English term... I think 'bandwagon fan' is closest. Which is odd because, for example I've been a Bayern fan before I even knew how succesful they were. Anyway, ever since Dortmund started winning things again millions of people suddenly remembered that they were lifelong Dortmund fans and started to ridicule Bayern and still dared to call us Erfolgsfans.... It's annoying but after last season I finally realized that it's just another way of showing respect ;)

I think the adequate comparison for Dortmund would be, if Liverpool suddenly started winning and playing great football again...

Wilbur

Banned
Ball winning midfielder ... that is more of a definition of the midfielder's characteristics than his position though. Mezzala means 'half-winger' in italian.

3-5-2 formation midfield: LWB - [???] - [CM/DM] - [???] - [RWB]

4-3-3 formation midfield: [???] - [CM/DM] - [???]

How is this position defined outside of Italy, usually?

Well depending on the type of player I guess... for instance you'd have 3 in the middle there, Pirlo as the DM, Vidal would be the box to box and Marchisio would be like... an advanced central midfielder, or deep lying playmaker or something. It doesn't really fit exactly to a structure you know? They'd be LCM and RCM if anything, it depends on the type of player as opposed to the position.

Far Cry 3 time. Another easy Platinum it seems like

Who's been the best bit of business from January? Don't think there's been anyone as impactful as Jelavic or Cisse from last year, Coutinho is the best I can think of. Newcastle's Frenchies started off well, but I'll let Arnie take it from there :p

RaGe_pt

Congrats, the end was really amazing and emotional. Would have loved to be there just to experience that moment (and see Jesus falling to his knees). Atmosphere must have been fucking great.

First time I've cried on the stadium. That goal man... That goal! I can't believe! Jesus Christ I love FC PORTO!

Zabojnik

Well depending on the type of player I guess... for instance you'd have 3 in the middle there, Pirlo as the DM, Vidal would be the box to box and Marchisio would be like... an advanced central midfielder, or deep lying playmaker or something. It doesn't really fit exactly to a structure you know? They'd be LCM and RCM if anything, it depends on the type of player as opposed to the position.

Thanks. Yeah, that's what I thought. I guess LCM/RCM would be the closest thing to the position definition of a mezzala.

FootballFan

that's nothing. from 82-83 to 12-13:

Benfica
Benfica
Porto
Porto
Benfica
Porto
Benfica
Porto
Benfica
Porto
Porto
Benfica
Porto
Porto
Porto
Porto
Porto
Sporting
Boavista
Sporting
Porto
Porto
Benfica
Porto
Porto
Porto
Porto
Benfica
Porto
Porto
Porto

saving my skills for Wednesday.

EPL next 23 years.

Man utd
man utd
man utd
Man utd
man utd
man utd
Man utd
man utd
man utd
Chelsea
man utd
man utd
Man utd
man utd
Man utd
Man city
Man utd
man utd
man utd
Chelsea
Man utd
man utd
man utd

In Moyes we trust. By this time Wenger will have his brain moved into a robot and still fighting.

fuenf

Much better than Giroud. He is decent on attack and provides good crosses and is an excellent finisher. His defensive work sucks but so does Walcott, Santi snd Gervinho. He needs to improve his workrate/fitness or health because I am tired of him not being able to finish games. The most subbed player in our squad. Overall happy but improvement needed next season.

Giroud is poor. Needs to be benched. This guy pisses me off!

Wow we dodged a bullet there, Bayern wanted him in 2012 but he was deemed to similar to Gomez and we went for Mandzukic instead.

Wilbur

Banned
Far Cry 3 time

Who's been the best bit of business from January? Don't think there's been anyone as impactful as Jelavic or Cisse from last year, Coutinho is the best I can think of. Newcastle's Frenchies started off well, but I'll let Arnie take it from there :p

Can't even remember any of the January transfers haha. Coutinho was probably best, yeah. No one else really picked anyone up did they? Joel came in Jan for Wigan I think.

Linius

I'll admit it's a strange feeling to finally have a real rival. Before Dortmund's recent emergence Bayern was the only consistent top team in Germany and Dortmund / Bremen / Schalke (+Stuttgart / Wolfsburg) all took turns challenging Bayern. But Dortmund's definitely there to stay now.

What really annoys me though, is that us Bayern-fans get called "Erfolgsfans" by our fellow Germans, I don't really know the English term... I think 'bandwagon fan' is closest. Which is odd because, for example I've been a Bayern fan before I even knew how succesful they were. Anyway, ever since Dortmund started winning things again millions of people suddenly remembered that they were lifelong Dortmund fans and started to ridicule Bayern and still dared to call us Erfolgsfans.... It's annoying but after last season I finally realized that it's just another way of showing respect ;)

I think the adequate comparison for Dortmund would be, if Liverpool suddenly started winning and playing great football again...

It comes with a club that is succesfull. Most fans of other clubs hate Ajax fans too over here. We're arrogant pricks from the big city. Most of the time we respond with: "Not arrogant, just the best." Fuck them right?

EPL next 23 years.

Man utd
man utd
man utd
Man utd
man utd
man utd
Man utd
man utd
man utd
Chelsea
man utd
man utd
Man utd
man utd
Man utd
Man city
Man utd
man utd
man utd
Chelsea
Man utd
man utd
man utd

In Moyes we trust. By this time Wenger will have his brain moved into a robot and still fighting.

Please tell me you're not a Man Utd fan.

Suen

Not true buddy Stoke taking points off Spurs in just over 12 hours will be pretty damn satisfying as well!
True this would be glorious as well....but I can't celebrate too early. If Spurs lose or draw we still have to win our game and right now I'm a bit scared by Wigan...this deserved win they got is just what they needed :/

fuenf

It comes with a club that is succesfull. Most fans of other clubs hate Ajax fans too over here. We're arrogant pricks from the big city. Most of the time we respond with: "Not arrogant, just the best." Fuck them right?

True and living just 100km away from Dortmund (/600km to Munich), doesnt help much either ;)

FootballFan

Please tell me you're not a Man Utd fan.

:lol I'm not. No matter how many times people explain it to me, supporting 2 clubs seems impossible.

And honestly, I don't know how I forgot Liverpool when I was making that prediction, I do actually believe they will win it within the next 30 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom