• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

My tongue in cheek Bayern hate grows more real the further Blablurn's mind snaps looooooooooool, this other team shit really is hilarious.

are you really starting to hate a club with a rich history, many titles and great personalities because how someone behaves on a internet message board?

I have no problems if someone genuinely hates Bayern. I'm used to it.
what bugs me is this mentality to hate the club because we have a rivalry with any other club who has more sympathies on this board.
It's like if we started to hate Utd just because you talk shit about City day in, day out. but we aren't. in fact I know Blablurn cheered for you guys to win and fuenf and me were the first to congratulate you.

Linius

i now their Wiki page loads fast cause it's empty.

Haha, very true :p

And I don't see them coming near a CL spot in the near (or distant) future.

Most of them had their parents move here from the Amsterdam area so they simply grew up as Ajax fans, but some nutters thought they should support Ajax even though their friends and family supported Feyenoord. Glory hunting cunts

Hell, I even know a few PSV supporters. Madness

I think I know only one Feyenoord fan from real life, some guy from Rotterdam who came to study in Amsterdam :p
Also met Tha Destiny a couple of times of course, but I know him from the internet.

Arnie

Oh.

I don't think anyone really is celebrating per say, just sharing the pictures of the celebration.
I know, just seems like there's an excessive amount relating to Bayern. Like, far too many. It's almost like Bayern fans are going out of their way to be obnoxious. Compare the amount of images and gifs to that of the Juve fans, or the Barca fans.

Wilbur

Banned
So if you're 10 or 20 seasons in in FM, are the football players randomly generated by then?

Yep!

My Porto are a selling side in FM as well. My net transfer spend thus far.

2020: $104m in, $302m out -- $198m
2019: $114m in, $136 out -- $22m
2018: $110m in, $274m out -- $164m
2017: $67m in, $101m out -- $34m
2016: $100m in, $209m out -- $109m
2015: $43.5m in, $167m out -- $123.5m
2014: $56m in, $9m out -- ($47m)
2013: $31.5m in, $34.5m out -- $3.5m
2012: $55m in, $43m out -- $(12m)

$595m in profit from transfers. Board takes most of it.. greedy bastards.

Dunno how you go for that long, I get bored of not knowing any of the players and stuff by then.

I've no idea, after coming 5th I thought I was a gonner :lol they just said it was disappointing to miss out on the CL and that was it. The board love me though for playing youngsters and generally playing attacking football, plus getting rid of dat debt.

I've won the FA Cup, Champions League, League Cup, Club World Cup and the Community shield.

Yeah fair enough on the debt. I never give a shit about the finance side of things; I keep the wage budget fine but when it comes to the debt and stuff, I can't even say I look. Is there a way of getting it down?

And that's an alright haul of cups in two seasons, you'll get there.

Clegg

If Rooney is willing to take a pay cut then I'd be happy to have him at United. His form has warranted another £200k a week contract.

Still a good player though. But I wouldn't shed any tears if he left.

Suen

FUCK, Varane got injured during the game?

X6jZB4B.gif
Yep :( Not sure how serious it is. Not a good time to get injured in, we have the final this coming Friday and having him there would be great. I guess we'll see Ramos, Pepe, Coentrao/Arbeloa(?) and someone else in the back if Varane doesn't make it.

are you really starting to hate a club with a rich history, many titles and great personalities because how someone behaves on a internet message board?

what bugs me is this mentality to hate the club because we have a rivalry with another club who has more sympathies on this board.
It's like if we started to hate Utd just because you talk shit about City day in, day out. but we aren't. in fact I know Blablurn cheered for you guys to win and fuenf and me were the first to congratulate you.
Being pro-Dortmund is not the same as hating Bayern.

Been said many times before but out of all the top teams Bayern are not even in the top 3 in terms of "hate" on here.

This is going round in circles now though. Oh well.

fuenf

I think you guys are celebrating it on here too much, that's for sure.

Someone throwing a pint of beer over another person grows old very quickly.

Come on, don't be jealous just because Liverpool doesnt win shit anymore. Celebration pics have always been part of footyGAF.

jtb

Banned
I think we're seeing the death of blistering pace being all that important, as long as they're in the right system. Cavani, Falcao, Suarez, Ibra, Mandzukic, Van Persie. All of them have average pace as far as I can tell

That's true, but I'd say that Giroud's problem isn't that he has average pace, it's that he has below average pace :p

TeegsD

I stopped caring about if Rooney was leaving after that bust up a year or two ago where he moaned that he was leaving until he got his money. Amazing player thats become stale over the last few years. He just doesn't seem to have the drive anymore, at least not most of the time.

FootballFan

Come on, don't be jealous just because Liverpool doesnt win shit anymore. Celebration pics have always been part of footyGAF.

I can't even post celebration pics since there aren't any. Seeing as we didn't even win it, Madrid lost it. :lol

I guess either way they'd be at the end of the Atletico game. But you get my point.

Madrid lose the title in Barcelona, Barca lift the trophy in Madrid. :D

Wilbur

Banned

what bugs me is this mentality to hate the club because we have a rivalry with another club who has more sympathies on this board.

... no. The big loooooooooooool means its tongue in cheek AGAIN. Jesus :lol :lol, this has to be explained how many times?

There's an element of baiting to it, because I know Fry and Blablurn react. I don't give a fuck about Bayern. I do think they're a stunningly good team, and if they win then they'll have totally deserved it, but outside of GAF I don't care for them either way.

I'd just rather Dortmund win. I like Dortmund. Like > don't care

And I don't give a shit if you hate United or not, you know? Or like City, whatever. I know he cheered for us to win, I know you congratulated us, and I've congratulated you in turn. But a) Dortmund - Bayern is different than City - United, b) the 'other team' nonsense is ludicrously petty, it really is.

Arnie

On the flip side there are many United fans on here, and in real life, that I'm very fond of, but at the same time I hate few things more than Manchester United.

Horrible, bloated, identityless, clanking, boring, anaemic club.

fuenf

what bugs me is this mentality to hate the club because we have a rivalry with any other club who has more sympathies on this board.

The truth is, nobody cares about internet message boards. Don't take footyGAF too serious, who cares whichever German team Wilbury roots for? I certainly don't, I just like his posts and how he trolls certain people (including me). But that's what footyGAF is all about for me anyway, having fun, trolling people and waste time.

Yeah but that's what annoys me, fans who turn away because their club isnt succesful anymore or because there favorite player left. Maybe I'm looking through it with rose-tinted glasses because I'm a Bayern but I'll always support them regardless of their performance. If anything I'm more vocal about them when they lose than when they win.
They still annoy me too, but I've gotten used to them. I can actually know how to spot them now lol

Being with your club when they lose then they go on to win something big is the best feeling you can get as a fan.

kharma45

Yeah fair enough on the debt. I never give a shit about the finance side of things; I keep the wage budget fine but when it comes to the debt and stuff, I can't even say I look. Is there a way of getting it down?

And that's an alright haul of cups in two seasons, you'll get there.

Getting affiliate clubs set up, I've ones in Japan, USA and China to bring in teh monies. Also expanded the stadium to increase match day revenues, re-negotiated contracts when I could to cut wages, took the lowest possible wage myself and tried to spend well within my budgets which were crazy at some stages, over £200m+.

I've no idea what is wrong in this file that I can't win a league title, cup competitions I can play a second string side and win most. Still, should do it this year, only 2 points behind Chelsea.

Wilbur

Banned
Who's gonna buy Callum Mac?

I have a feeling Moyesey might fancy it.

He was let go from the Everton youth system, so maybe not :lol

He'll stay at Wigan another year, then maybe an 8-12 club. West Brom, Swansea, Everton. Looks a canny good player.

Kone will be off this summer I think, especially if Martinez goes.

Wilbur

Banned
On the flip side there are many United fans on here, and in real life, that I'm very fond of, but at the same time I hate few things more than Manchester United.

Horrible, bloated, identityless, clanking, boring, anaemic club.

Identityless? Really? The others, whatever, opinion etc etc. But identityless? Thought that we were one of the country's clubs that really did have a definable identity.

He was let go from the Everton youth system, so maybe not :lol

He'll stay at Wigan another year, then maybe an 8-12 club. West Brom, Swansea, Everton. Looks a canny good player.

Kone will be off this summer I think, especially if Martinez goes.
Seriously?

Oh my God.

I thought Moysey knew about youth.

Fucks sake Adnan may aswell leave now.

Suen

Being pro-Dortmund is not the same as hating Bayern.

Been said many times before but out of all the top teams Bayern are not even in the top 3 in terms of "hate" on here.

This is going round in circles now though. Oh well.
Which are the three most hated teams here?

I will be sharing this feeling if we fail to beat Wigan.
That gif will be perfect for a bunch of footy reactions :lol

fuenf

They still annoy me too, but I've gotten used to them. I can actually know how to spot them now lol

Being with your club when they lose then they go on to win something big is the best feeling you can get as a fan.

Yeah that's how I justify being a Bayern fan when people ask "how can you be a Bayern fan they always win things" but what they don't realize is that you get accustomed to winning. A Bayern Bundesliga win doesn't really excite me but I'm still terribly annoyed when they lose. More often than not it's a no-win scenario for me... the Champions League on the other hand, oh boy :D

Meier

Here is my best regen thus far. My scouts thought he'd be a 4* but he came in as a 4.5* and stayed there. Sometimes was a 5* according to my coaches. He was on $85k per week but wanted $175k.. I couldn't do it. City gave him $300k

129 goals, 136 assists from the CAM or RAM position in 7 years. 27 goals in 47 caps for the Czech Republic.

jtb

Banned
I was looking up stats for how well Giroud's been doing this season (not that bad... 17 goals, 11 assists; half-decent return for a 10m signing's first season in the league, if not RVP numbers) and saw that Torres has scored 21 goals this season. Consider me mildly surprised and impressed.

If he scores 2 more goals (big if, I know), then he will have surpassed every one of his seasonal goal returns except for his debut season at Liverpool.

That gif will be perfect for a bunch of footy reactions :lol
Barca, United and Liverpool (just cos there are so many United fans, but imagine all the lollerpool which is said out of pity and then imagine if Liverpool were any good. Sleeping giant I tell you).

I almost got him and then Glazers cut my wage bill temporarily so he went to Barcelona ;_; I had to settle for Papiss Cisse instead who couldn't hit a fucking barn door.
haha, unlucky

I got him for £31m. Bargain.

spidye

... no. The big loooooooooooool means its tongue in cheek AGAIN. Jesus :lol :lol, this has to be explained how many times?

There's an element of baiting to it, because I know Fry and Blablurn react. I don't give a fuck about Bayern. I do think they're a stunningly good team, and if they win then they'll have totally deserved it, but outside of GAF I don't care for them either way.

I'd just rather Dortmund win. I like Dortmund. Like > don't care

And I don't give a shit if you hate United or not, you know? Or like City, whatever. I know he cheered for us to win, I know you congratulated us, and I've congratulated you in turn. But a) Dortmund - Bayern is different than City - United, b) the 'other team' nonsense is ludicrously petty, it really is.

I would like to know how you reacted to phantast's 'red cancer' posts? did you make fun of him? did you find it as petty?

Yeah that's how I justify being a Bayern fan when people ask "how can you be a Bayern fan they always win things" but what they don't realize is that you get accommodated to winning. A Bayern Bundesliga win doesn't really excite me but I'm still terribly annoyed when they lose. More often than not it's a no-win scenario for me... the Champions League on the other hand, oh boy :D

I am little used to winning the PL so it's not as exciting as the CL I agree, but now I don't know. I may have to savour those times that we won the PL lol

Wilbur

Banned
I would like to know how you reacted to phantast's 'red cancer' posts? did you make fun of him? did you find it as petty?

That was in the wake of Bayern doing some shady shit with Gotze, so was pretty easy to let go. I thought Gotze was a dick in that situation, and Bayern were dicks in that situation.

However, Blablurn calls Dortmund 'the other team' because... what? He's scared they'll lose? He hates another team that's taken success from them? I don't even get it.

I don't even get why Bayern fans care, I really don't! I love it when people hate United. They hate us because - among other things - we're successful. You should feel the same.

Suen

I was looking up stats for how well Giroud's been doing this season (not that bad... 17 goals, 11 assists; half-decent return for a 10m signing's first season in the league, if not RVP numbers) and saw that Torres has scored 21 goals this season. Consider me mildly surprised and impressed.
I really don't buy the whole "look how man he scored and assisted". People say the same about Higuain ("he's been pretty decent in scoring") but it really has no value when you take all wasted chances in consideration. There are players who score and waste few chances. There are those who score and waste lots of chances....both might score enough goals to be of some help but only one of them will make a real difference when you play with the big boys.

Meier

Dunno how you go for that long, I get bored of not knowing any of the players and stuff by then.

Yeah, I prefer to have real players but I can't keep someone for longer than 4-5 years typically. They just cost too much to keep while I try to remain profitable since Portuguese league teams make absolutely nothing from competitions and the TV rights are like $5m a year, lol. Shareholders take at least $100 million from me every year so I have to keep selling.

I bought Pogba for $24m and kept him 6 years then sold him for $50m. Replaced him with a regen from England who I got for $11.5m. An absolute beast that I ended up just selling for $70m after 5 years.

Wes

venison crêpe
Some further Villa insider tidbits:

> Dunne is gone at the end of the season (as his contract is up) unless Lambert directly asks for him to stay and he takes a massive reduction to his wage.
> Lerner flew in earlier this week and was seen at the club a few days ago but he wasn't at the game today. Troubling. He was expected to be there what with the Petrov lap of thanks too.

Wilbur

Banned
Some further Villa insider tidbits:

> Dunne is gone at the end of the season (as his contract is up) unless Lambert directly asks for him to stay and he takes a massive reduction to his wage.
> Lerner flew in earlier this week and was seen at the club a few days ago but he wasn't at the game today. Troubling. He was expected to be there what with the Petrov lap of thanks too.

Surprised Dunne wasn't gone already. Getting him, Given and Bent off the wage list will be good.

What's troubling about the Lerner stuff?

FootballFan

Man Utd, Barca and Liverpool.

I don't really understand Liverpool hate tbh. I guess their dreamer/delusional fans and over the top protection of Suarez has something to do with it lol. (But that is Liverpool fans from out of this thread, not many like that here)

Man Utd have many too, but there are so many Man Utd fans here that they usually outnumber the hate lol. So it never seems that bad.

As for Barca, people hate us cause we are the best and they are all jealous. Man Utd fans still haven't built bridges for example.

I enjoy every United title more than the last.

And I'm gonna loveeeeee winning the community shield in August. Moyes will finally with an elite trophy.

Excited.

Wilbur

Banned
First day of the Premier League season. Chelsea win 4-1 away at Reading, Nani scores. Arsenal win 7-0 at home to Swansea, Ashley Young scores a debut hat trick

ive-made-a-huge-mistake-gob-arrested-development.gif

TeegsD

Man Utd, Barca and Liverpool.

I don't really understand Liverpool hate tbh. I guess their dreamer/delusional fans and over the top protection of Suarez has something to do with it lol. (But that is Liverpool fans from out of this thread, not many like that here)

Man Utd have many too but there are so many Man Utd fans here that they usually outnumber them lol. So it never seems that bad.

As for Barca, people hate us cause we were the best and they are all jealous. Man Utd fans still haven't built bridges for example.

I put the disc in 25 minutes ago, currently downloading some shitty co-op missions

#fuckmoderngaming

Although I did eject ME3 by the controller because I couldn't be arsed to press the button on the console, so this is probably a just punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom