• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite not winning shit I have thought Bayern to be the best team in Europe from last season, they have gotten even better this season as well, the Barcelona ship was already sinking since then ad is likely to continue, with that said though I still want them to choke in the finals against Dortsmund.

feel

Porto 0 - 1 Benfica, 18' Lima
golo1kyouh.gif

Porto 1 - 1 Benfica, 25' Varela (Maxi OG)
ikYEVCuLXaz8S.gif

Porto 2 - 1 Benfica, 90'+1 Kelvin
golo3v3qlx.gif

iK948CHCuFfLE.gif

jesusbsacn.gif
Could look at these forever.

Fuck, we can't choke vs Pacos, we just can't, not after this.

FootballFan

I'm definitely leaning towards Bayern being the best whether or not they win the CL final but a win will completely solidify it. They are just playing the best football right now, no contest.

Well I'd agree too. But it depends, if they lose the CL final and Pep somehow magically turns the team to shit(which is possible, though very unlikely) then who knows.

soccertriads are in some deep shit. They changed their domain to dodge authorities to soccermatador.com and shortly after that to soccerscorpion.se. soccermatardor.com now has a letter on it that they're being sued for selling counterfeit goods. I want to buy some jerseys this summer but I'm wary of soccer- at the moment.

And they're selling Beats now. No idea what that's about.
KuGsj.gif

Suen

FUCKING LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! This reminds me of Arsenal fans every season after the Invinclible year, just saying wait til next season, and here we are 8 years counting!

Bayern easily. Regardless of the CL result. They are winning the league by 22 points, in the cup final having knocked out Dortmund on the way, and dismantled Barca with little resistance. You cannot claim anyone else in Europe is better than them at this moment.

You were not the best team in the world last season and you are worse this season. This is fact.
Arsenal and Bayern are the best teams in the world.

Bayern - Arsenal: agg 3-3

Wilbur

Banned
I don't give a cottagey candida cunt discharge if you find it amusing or not. It certainly not more dumb than comparing a club to cancer.
<3

:lol :lol :lol that made me giggle like a schoolgirl getting eaten out by her maths teacher

I wonder if Tottenham are gonna spend. Bale needs better talent around him imo

I think this year could be the year that Levy realises, after getting a really good coach in, getting a really good points total (providing they get to 72 points), after beating United and Arsenal and Liverpool and City and getting a draw at Stamford Bridge... that they might actually need a top class striker.

Wilbur

Banned
Despite not winning shit I have thought Bayern to be the best team in Europe from last season, they have gotten even better this season as well, the Barcelona ship was already sinking since then ad is likely to continue, with that said though I still want them to choke in the finals against Dortsmund.

I thought Madrid were the best team in Europe (which we all know means the world, so I find it odd when players go 'not just the best in europe, but the world!... like there's competition outside Europe lol) last year, but this year its definitely Bayern.

many? not here at least. I've always said the bayern we see today is because of dortmund's success in the last two years. just look at our season after we nearly won everything in 2010

Well, how representative is this thread for Bayern's fans or like any? You need to be able to understand and write proper English, half of Bayern's fans can't even speak proper German lol

GolazoDan

Missed the cup final, went to watch Star Trek instead (good stuff). So happy for Martinez. Whelan's a big of a cock but Martinez is a lovely guy and. If Wigan are gonna go down at least he's got this to add to his resume and it's a good memory for the fans. Plus Angelo Henriquez now has an FA Cup medal.

Obviously pishing at City though, the fuck happened there.

FootballFan

FUCKING LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! This reminds me of Arsenal fans every season after the Invinclible year, just saying wait til next season, and here we are 8 years counting!

Different scenario, Arsenal are a smaller club. Their success was just temporary and people were happy with just that. Barca just want(and need) more and more.

Plus our worst players(Valdes, Cesc, Song), are as good/better than your best. So the expectations are extremely different.

Cazorla and Wilshere would maybe make the reserve squad.

Wes

venison crêpe
... holy shit. Get rid of that, get a centre back, a striker, a centre midfielder in for about 20m and you're in the money.

Speaking of in the money (and in the know)...

There are only two people I reliably consider to be ITK regarding Aston Villa on the forums I go to. One doesn't post any more and the other one rarely posts.

Anyway the one who rarely posts, also the one who was first to say we were interested in Solskjaer as our manager, says that the Borussia Dortmund Sporting Director was at Villa Park today to watch Benteke.

jtb

Banned
RVP hype was overblown, he's a great player and does make a difference on the pitch but like you said he wasted countless of chances. Players don't necessarily have to score to show that they are good but what does players like Giroud and Gervi offer besides scoring? Both waste chances, one is slower than a turtle and the other one doesn't know what he's doing 99 % of the time. If they are wasteful I expect them to have some other skills to make up for it. If Giroud was faster, threatened or opened the opponents defense more, did more assists and defended better and harder I'd be much less vocal about my dislike for him.

The strikers I want are expensive and I don't see us getting any of them in the near future, as much as I'd wish that we did just throw out the cash. For now we'll have to depend on the same methods, invest in unproven players or buy young players who've had short but promising seasons and hope they develop into world-class strikers. Honestly I think we'll be having a great defense and midfield long before we have a great choice up front. Hope Jovetic will change things if we buy him. We need to buy a new GK as well.

Gervinho is shit. No question there.

Giroud... eh... he has his uses. I think the key with someone like Giroud is that he's a lone striker and that system just does not work for him. He needs some kind of finisher, some capable forward in support. Maybe Jovetic can be that player, I don't know. Walcott maybe too. In short, 4-4-2. I don't get why Wenger refuses to play it anymore.

And agreed, new GK is a top priority.

:lol :lol :lol that made me giggle like a schoolgirl getting eaten out by her maths teacher

I think this year could be the year that Levy realises, after getting a really good coach in, getting a really good points total (providing they get to 72 points), after beating United and Arsenal and Liverpool and City and getting a draw at Stamford Bridge... that they might actually need a top class striker.

I think he realizes it, but top strikers don't come cheap. Levy's doing the right thing. No need to overextend their finances chasing the CL dream. If they qualify, they qualify. If they don't, Spurs are in a very solid financial position that's only strengthened by the new TV deal.

also beating Liverpool... is that even an accomplishment?

spidye

Well, how representative is this thread for Bayern's fans or like any? You need to be able to understand and write proper English, half of Bayern's fans can't even speak proper German lol

screw you, that's exactly how we speak in Austria too. and you guys like it actually.
I always get compliments because of my accent when I visit germany ;)

Saw Star Trek today too.

Very good.

I'm so hyped. fucking uni. I want to see that movie

Lightning

Banned
Gervinho is shit. No question there.

Giroud... eh... he has his uses. I think the key with someone like Giroud is that he's a lone striker and that system just does not work for him. He needs some kind of finisher, some capable forward in support. Maybe Jovetic can be that player, I don't know. Walcott maybe too. In short, 4-4-2. I don't get why Wenger refuses to play it anymore.

And agreed, new GK is a top priorityl.
Begovic, Jovetic and a DM and we will be a much harder team to beat next season. Maybe adding Ashley Williams for depth but I'm not sold on him especially 12mil Swansea ripoff!

Wilbur

Banned
FootballFan throwing bait like a safari ranger, motherfuckers like Kangaskhans just going for it.

Missed the cup final, went to watch Star Trek instead (good stuff). So happy for Martinez. Whelan's a big of a cock but Martinez is a lovely guy and. If Wigan are gonna go down at least he's got this to add to his resume and it's a good memory for the fans. Plus Angelo Henriquez now has an FA Cup medal.

Obviously pishing at City though, the fuck happened there.

Henriquez <3 wonder if he values it at all having not played fucking ever this season. Wish he'd got some more minutes, but I kind of understand why given their situation.

There are only two people I reliably consider to be ITK regarding Aston Villa on the forums I go to. One doesn't post any more and the other one rarely posts.

Anyway the one who rarely posts, also the one who was first to say we were interested in Solskjaer as our manager, says that the Borussia Dortmund Sporting Director was at Villa Park today to watch Benteke.

He'd be a fantastic buy for them, he really would. He's quite like Lewandowski anyway; strong, fast, good finisher, brings players into the game around him. Would probably cost around the same as Lewa'd be leaving for though, so I don't really see them doing it.

I think he realizes it, but top strikers don't come cheap. Levy's doing the right thing. No need to overextend their finances chasing the CL dream. If they qualify, they qualify. If they don't, Spurs are in a very solid financial position that's only strengthened by the new TV deal.

Oh yeah, they're doing a great job, but there's only so many times we can blame Redknapp or AVB before the buck has to stop with Levy for not fronting the cash. A one-off 30m blowout on a top quality striker to risk getting the CL and getting fucking tons more money; consider how close they are to yourselves and Chelsea with Ade and Defoe, I bet he's wishing he'd done it last year.

jtb

Banned
Begovic, Jovetic and a DM and we will be a much harder team to beat next season. Maybe adding Ashley Williams for depth but I'm not sold on him especially 12mil Swansea ripoff!

I'm not sold on Williams either, but if the alternative is spending 10m on some unknown French defender playing in Ligue 2... fuck it, Swansea can take our money now.

Oh yeah, they're doing a great job, but there's only so many times we can blame Redknapp or AVB before the buck has to stop with Levy for not fronting the cash. A one-off 30m blowout on a top quality striker to risk getting the CL and getting fucking tons more money; consider how close they are to yourselves and Chelsea with Ade and Defoe, I bet he's wishing he'd done it last year.

Spurs spent pretty heavily under Redknapp. AVB will get his chance too, especially since they basically rebuilt the squad last summer pretty impressively so a lot less problem areas to fix.

Clegg

Henriquez is still only a teenager but its still a concern that hrs barely played any senior football this season. It may have set back his development a little bit.

On the flip side he now has more FA Cup medals than Rooney, Vidic, Rio and Evra.

Sounds strange he would watch Benteke on the day he'd miss our match. Unless he was at Villa Park to finish a deal off :D

I'd love Benteke but I don't think it's likely he'll join us. High price, possible interest of other PL clubs with bigger wages, etc.

Suen

I can't fucking believe that Madrid might be serious about buying Neymar for a ridiculous amount of money. Barca pls :(

also beating Liverpool... is that even an accomplishment?

?!

What the hell, chasing the CL dream? Tottenham absolutely needs and should want to improve to CL position. Why should they settle to playing second fiddle? They have the means.

K1LLER7

Fergie's last home game :'(

Tommorow's team:

---- Lindegaard ----

Jones - Rio - Vidic - Evra

--- Scholes - Carrick ---

Valencia - Kagawa - Welbeck

----------- RVP -----------

Kagawa hasn't played in the last 2/3, so he should get a game. As should Chicha. But I think RVP will most likely get to start.

Wes

venison crêpe
Sounds strange he would watch Benteke on the day he'd miss our match. Unless he was at Villa Park to finish a deal off :D

I'd love Benteke but I don't think it's likely he'll join us. High price, possible interest of other PL clubs with bigger wages, etc.

This article from February says that your scouting department has watched him previously and Villa have quite good ties with Dortmund now. Paul Lambert, our manager, used to play for you. He got his coaching badges at the same time as Klopp. I think some of our board have been over to your stadium to see how you do things so as to improve our match day experience too.

As for the ITK, the guy is pretty reliable. He works at the local airport and clocks all the private jets, where they've come in from and who owns them, where and when they'll be leaving and he usually hears from the service crew who's using it. He knows whenever our owner Randy Lerner has flown in from the US for example.

He speculated that it was Benteke because "he left earlier than if he had seen the full game" (because Benteke was sent off) but it could also have been Weimann who was being watched who could be targeted for a much lesser fee.

Wilbur

Banned
Lol if he went to watch Benteke then it wasn't the best match to judge him off. Highly impressive first half performance where he should have been sent off, then sent off anyway.

This article from February says that your scouting department has watched him previously and Villa have quite good ties with Dortmund now. Paul Lambert, our manager, used to play for you. He got his coaching badges at the same time as Klopp. I think some of our board have been over to your stadium to see how you do things so as to improve our match day experience too.

As for the ITK, the guy is pretty reliable. He works at the local airport and clocks all the private jets, where they've come in from and who owns them, where and when they'll be leaving and he usually hears from the service crew who's using it. He knows whenever our owner Randy Lerner has flown in from the US for example.

He speculated that it was Benteke because "he left earlier than if he had seen the full game" (because Benteke was sent off) but it could also have been Weimann who was being watched who could be targeted for a much lesser fee.

Watching Benteke is one thing, there are scouts watching talented players everywhere. Buying is a much more difficult one.

Yeah, Weimann has been rumored for a while. I think he even said something like "To play for a club that's in the CL final like Borussia Dortmund would be a dream at some point." That sounds much more likely. And about the leaving early part, of course he'd watch our full match and not miss the beginning. Our match started at 14:30 in UK time, so that's probably the reason.

Wilbur

Banned
Fergie is going to give a speech after we lift the trophy tomorrow, isn't he?

Oh god if he starts crying I'll lose it.

Yeah he usually gives a speech at the last home game of the season. I've cried three times now in relation to Frogson going :( that fucking video does it for me, man.

I'm gonna do it tomorrow, I swear.

Yeah he usually gives a speech at the last home game of the season. I've cried three times now in relation to Frogson going :( that fucking video does it for me, man.

I'm gonna do it tomorrow, I swear.
Seriously?

You pussy.

I haven't shed a single tear. I might tmrw though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom