• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

Barca, United and Liverpool (just cos there are so many United fans, but imagine all the lollerpool which is said out of pity and then imagine if Liverpool were any good. Sleeping giant I tell you).

haha, unlucky

I got him for £31m. Bargain.

Barca, Liverpool, City probably.

UNited actually more so than Liverpool, but Lolerpool is exceptionally common.

Was thinking of Barca, Utd and City but I agree the Lollerpool force is even bigger than the City/Utd hate. At least Lollerpool get pity attention......meanwhile at Arsenal:

Wenger-Head.jpg

Clegg

RVP was constantly injured on my United save and never scored even when he was fit. I stood him to Leverkusen after two seasons.

Wilbur

Banned
I enjoy every United title more than the last.

And I'm gonna loveeeeee winning the community shield in August. Moyes will finally with an elite trophy.

Excited.

Dunno if you're being tongue in cheek on the last part, but - assuming Wigan don't boss us like they bossed the other team today - , will be nice for Moyes to get a bit of silverware on his hands, even if it is just the CS. Should do his confidence good.

And yeah, this season was a fucking beautiful one. I loved winning this trophy. Didn't really feel it as much as I have sometimes, because we were ahead for so long by so many points it was one prolonged feel, but I'm sure when we're lifting it tomorrow I'll be ecstatic.

jtb

Banned
I really don't buy the whole "look how man he scored and assisted". People say the same about Higuain ("he's been pretty decent in scoring") but it really has no value when you take all wasted chances in consideration. There are players who score and waste few chances. There are those who score and waste lots of chances....both might score enough goals to be of some help but only one of them will make a real difference when you play with the big boys.

We've always been wasteful, though. RVP pissed away countless chances, especially in the second half of last season but people didn't give him shit about it because he was fucking RVP. We somehow managed to get Adebayor, of all people, to score 30 goals one season.

Top, clinical strikers are ridiculously expensive and don't want to come to Arsenal anyways, so we're probably better off just buying better midfielders and creating more/better chances, imo. I dream of returning to the endless-chance-creating-machine that was our 2007-2008 squad, or even the 2010-2011 squad. Cesc, come back :'(

I don't really understand Liverpool hate tbh. I guess their dreamer/delusional fans and over the top protection of Suarez has something to do with it lol. (But that is Liverpool fans from out of this thread, not many like that here)

As for Barca, people hate us cause we are the best and they are all jealous. Man Utd fans still haven't built bridges for example.

Hitcher and his Coutinho bs is why everyone in the world hates Liverpool.

I'll build a bridge when we get Ronaldo.

To be honest, Bayern fans were "spoiled" in the last few years and I don't know why Bayern fans are complaining. There was always a certain antipathy towards Bayern and a certain sympathy towards other title contenders in Germany. But since Bremen's downfall, there wasn't another team that was up there with Bayern over the years.

Stuttgart won the league and was loved by the media but they were already gone the next year. Same for Wolfsburg. In the CL, well, Bayern was more or less the only hope for German football. Hardly anyone in Germany was like "hope Bayern get fucked", Bayern got all the attention. That whole thing peaked in the 09/10 season in which Bayern even started playing nice, yet a bit boring football with young players like Müller or Badstuber after the first half of the season. Bayern was liked rather widely.

After that, there was that other club with a young team and an amazing coach that started playing exciting football with passion. A team that beat the almost CL winner Bayern twice in a season. Of course people loved that. And now here's the problem for Bayern fans, that club stayed up there the next season, wasn't gone the next year like Stuttgart/Wolfsburg and even fucked Bayern really hard in the cup final. Bayern isn't the only club in the spotlight, a feeling that was gone for some years.

spidye

That was in the wake of Bayern doing some shady shit with Gotze, so was pretty easy to let go. I thought Gotze was a dick in that situation, and Bayern were dicks in that situation.

However, Blablurn calls Dortmund 'the other team' because... what? He's scared they'll lose? He hates another team that's taken success from them? I don't even get it.

I don't even get why Bayern fans care, I really don't! I love it when people hate United. They hate us because - among other things - we're successful. You should feel the same.

shady shit? a release clause is a shady shit now?

I agree with viva. this is just getting around in circles.

again I don't give a flying fuck if you guys hate bayern or not. I'm used to this and it's like you said a consequence of our success.

what I don't understand is how Bla gets attacked just because he doesn't like dortmund or any other club you guys like

fuenf

To be honest, Bayern fans were "spoiled" in the last few years and I don't know why Bayern fans are complaining. There was always a certain antipathy towards Bayern and a certain sympathy towards other title contenders in Germany. But since Bremen's downfall, there wasn't another team that was up there with Bayern over the years.

Stuttgart won the league and was loved by the media but they were already gone the next year. Same for Wolfsburg. In the CL, well, Bayern was more or less the only hope for German football. Hardly anyone in Germany was like "hope Bayern get fucked", Bayern got all the attention. That whole thing peaked in the 09/10 season in which Bayern even started playing nice, yet a bit boring football with young players like Müller or Badstuber after the first half of the season. Bayern was liked rather widely.

After that, there was that other club with a young team and an amazing coach that started playing exciting football with passion. A team that beat the almost CL winner Bayern twice in a season. Of course people loved that. And now here's the problem for Bayern fans, that club stayed up there the next season and even fucked Bayern really hard in the cup final. Bayern isn't the only club in the spotlight, a feeling that was gone for some years.

and you know what? It's more fun this way, that's why I hope you buy Jackson, Neymar and Kagawa!

Linius

First day of the Premier League season. Chelsea win 4-1 away at Reading, Nani scores. Arsenal win 7-0 at home to Swansea, Ashley Young scores a debut hat trick

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/ive-made-a-huge-mistake-gob-arrested-development.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

[img]http://i.picpar.com/BEo.gif

We need a better version of this gif.

Wilbur

Banned
He says he's going to be there and then he's not? Probably nothing. I'm just on edge with all this relegation related drama.

Ahh he said he'd be there. Busy man, probably just couldn't make it. You're staying up mang. Believe.

Good night footyGAF. And remember:

make love, not war

night baby! Congrats again on today

The truth is, we are all annoying cunts to each other.

truth

Wilbur

Banned
shady shit? a release clause is a shady shit now?

I agree with viva. this is just getting around in circles.

again I don't give a flying fuck if you guys hate bayern or not. I'm used to this and it's like you said a consequence of our success.

what I don't understand is how Bla gets attacked just because he doesn't like dortmund or any other club you guys like

Going behind backs, directly weakening rivals. Not too fond of that if you ask me.

I don't give a solitary dick dribble if Bla doesn't like Dortmund. I just find it hilarious and fucking dumb that he can't even call them Dortmund he dislikes them so much. It's amusing to me.

jtb

Banned
nobody actually hates Liverpool. hate implies a certain level of respect, acknowledgment that this Liverpool side certainly don't deserve. It is fun to laugh at them though.

and the same could be said for Arsenal, tbh

Wes

venison crêpe
Surprised Dunne wasn't gone already. Getting him, Given and Bent off the wage list will be good.

It gets better than that: Dunne, Given, Ireland, Bent, Hutton, Makoun.

That's over 200k per week.

The insider said we should expect same transfer budget as this season + player sales. Bit weird considering the TV money but maybe they have a lot of faith in our scouting? Anyway, that would likely leave us with around £25m-£28m to spend.

Hixx

Far Cry 3 time. Another easy Platinum it seems like

Who's been the best bit of business from January? Don't think there's been anyone as impactful as Jelavic or Cisse from last year, Coutinho is the best I can think of. Newcastle's Frenchies started off well, but I'll let Arnie take it from there :p

It will take ages. I've put 17 hours in, not even being thorough and not even half way through.

FootballFan

0/10 what? Our coach was missing half the season, as were all the defenders. Song and Bartra aren't starting CBs in case you didn't know.

Next season when we win the treble with a full team(doicare) and the coach is actually present, I'll find this post.

Omiee

I really like this jersey and i want to buy it. Can anyone help me find a place that sells it? I want it with the badge in the midle if possible. The official porto site does not have a jersey with the badge on it.

Can someone please help me with this?

im used to premier league teams letting you choose badges etc.

TeegsD

0/10 what? Our coach was missing half the season, as were all the defenders. Song and Bartra aren't starting CBs in case you didn't know.

Next season when we win the treble with a full team(doicare) and the coach is actually present, I'll find this post.

If you manage to do that and do well in Europe, then I can believe you're the best again. But you're not anymore, just deal with it.

Wilbur

Banned

The insider said we should expect same transfer budget as this season + player sales. Bit weird considering the TV money but maybe they have a lot of faith in our scouting? Anyway, that would likely leave us with around £25m-£28m to spend.

... holy shit. Get rid of that, get a centre back, a striker, a centre midfielder in for about 20m and you're in the money.

FootballFan

Sorry don't know much about kit shopping, last one I got was maybe 6 years ago.

Porto fans or Messi could help, but IIRC Messi put you on his ignore list for that whole thing that happened.

Wilbur

Banned
Wigan at home, first game of the season:

pC5zFEi.png

Ends 4-0. Fucking wish for once I would put away like 11 goals :lol. Baines with a free kick on his debut, RVP sets up Valencia, Bale sets up Welbeck off the bench twice.

happy days

Can you not use kitbag, Sports Direct? The chances of getting that badge are probably quite low considering it looks like a one off special thing.

spidye

But you're one of a few there, so many Bayern fans that want our team to get torn apart. Not that I care shit about it.

Also fuck no at Neymar lol
many? not here at least. I've always said the bayern we see today is because of dortmund's success in the last two years. just look at our season after we nearly won everything in 2010
Going behind backs, directly weakening rivals. Not too fond of that if you ask me.

I don't give a solitary dick dribble if Bla doesn't like Dortmund. I just find it hilarious and fucking dumb that he can't even call them Dortmund he dislikes them so much. It's amusing to me.

I don't give a cottagey candida cunt discharge if you find it amusing or not. It certainly not dumber than comparing a club to cancer.
<3

FootballFan

If you manage to do that and do well in Europe, then I can believe you're the best again. But you're not anymore, just deal with it.

So who is the best then? You can't just say "no you aren't" and not name who you think it is.

Bayern would be the obvious choice I guess but people will have doubts if Dortmund beat them.

Next season will be amazing. Pep at Bayern, Moyes leading Utd, Mou at Chelsea, Pepe player-coach at Madrid, etc.

Lightning

Banned

FUCKING LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! This reminds me of Arsenal fans every season after the Invinclible year, just saying wait til next season, and here we are 8 years counting!

So who is the best then? You can't just say "no you aren't" and not name who you think it is.
Bayern easily. Regardless of the CL result. They are winning the league by 22 points, in the cup final having knocked out Dortmund on the way, and dismantled Barca with little resistance. You cannot claim anyone else in Europe is better than them at this moment.

You were not the best team in the world last season and you are worse this season. This is fact.

Omiee

Wigan at home, first game of the season:

pC5zFEi.png

Ends 4-0. Fucking wish for once I would put away like 11 goals :lol. Baines with a free kick on his debut, RVP sets up Valencia, Bale sets up Welbeck off the bench twice.

happy days

Can you not use kitbag, Sports Direct? The chances of getting that badge are probably quite low considering it looks like a one off special thing.

I think they wear it every match, i saw them wearing it in todays match against benfica.

i tried both sites and they dont have it.

very weird since when i ordered my ajax and milan shirt i could add champions league winners badge and for ajax the eredivisie gold winners badge.

It makes the kit special =( wish i could find it somewhere for fc porto.

TeegsD

Bayern would be the obvious choice I guess but people will have doubts if Dortmund beat them.

Next season will be amazing. Pep at Bayern, Moyes leading Utd, Mou at Chelsea, Pepe player-coach at Madrid, etc.

I'm definitely leaning towards Bayern being the best whether or not they win the CL final but a win will completely solidify it. They are just playing the best football right now, no contest.

Empty

lambert will probably sign a bunch of players from league 1 as their replacements who are actually amazing

Suen

We've always been wasteful, though. RVP pissed away countless chances, especially in the second half of last season but people didn't give him shit about it because he was fucking RVP. We somehow managed to get Adebayor, of all people, to score 30 goals one season.

Top, clinical strikers are ridiculously expensive and don't want to come to Arsenal anyways, so we're probably better off just buying better midfielders and creating more/better chances, imo. I dream of returning to the endless-chance-creating-machine that was our 2007-2008 squad, or even the 2010-2011 squad. Cesc, come back :'(
RVP hype was overblown, he's a great player and does make a difference on the pitch but like you said he wasted countless of chances. Players don't necessarily have to score to show that they are good but what does players like Giroud and Gervi offer besides scoring? Both waste chances, one is slower than a turtle and the other one doesn't know what he's doing 99 % of the time. If they are wasteful I expect them to have some other skills to make up for it. If Giroud was faster, threatened or opened the opponents defense more, did more assists and defended better and harder I'd be much less vocal about my dislike for him.

The strikers I want are expensive and I don't see us getting any of them in the near future, as much as I'd wish that we did just throw out the cash. For now we'll have to depend on the same methods, invest in unproven players or buy young players who've had short but promising seasons and hope they develop into world-class strikers. Honestly I think we'll be having a great defense and midfield long before we have a great choice up front. Hope Jovetic will change things if we buy him. We need to buy a new GK as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom