• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
What was the final score in espanyol vs Madrid

image.php

Wilbur

Banned
Running total of times I've hit the woodwork.

In three games: eight times. /life

Fucking silly, I could have won 5-0, 8-3 and 3-0 but instead its a 4-0, a 3-3 and a 1-0. The life of a FM player is so stressful.

xintin

Oh man I just heard Gus Johnson's call for Wigan's goal in the final. So good, I need this kind of excitement in FIFA14.

Ian Wright giggling in the background made it even better :lol

Slizz

Oh man I just heard Gus Johnson's call for Wigan's goal in the final. So good, I need this kind of excitement in FIFA14.

Ian Wright giggling in the background made it even better :lol

It was an awful broadcast lol. He couldn't pronounce Joel's name correctly. Kept asking Wright the dumbest questions.

Gus: "Yaya Toure is suffering from dead legs, Ian what are dead legs?"

Ian: "I have no idea, usually when I think of a dead leg is when someone hits you right in the thigh. I guess he's tired? But if he's tired than just say that not dead legs"

Ian: "This is the first time we've seen the Wigan keeper flapping at a ball, very dangerous"

Gus: "Whats flapping?"

xintin

It was an awful broadcast lol. He couldn't pronounce Joel's name correctly. Kept asking Wright the dumbest questions.

Gus: "Yaya Toure is suffering from dead legs, Ian what are dead legs?"

Ian: "I have no idea, usually when I think of a dead leg is when someone hits you right in the thigh. I guess he's tired? But if he's tired than just say that not dead legs"

Ian: "This is the first time we've seen the Wigan keeper flapping at a ball, very dangerous"

Gus: "Whats flapping?"
he had the same mistakes during Barca-Bayern (couldn't pronounce Iniesta, mixing up players, etc.), but I think he's getting better with each game. I think these questions are a deliberate attempt from FOX as well, they're hoping a name like Gus will pull people to their coverage.

He still worth it for those moments of OMGOMGOMGGOALLLL. This one and his Ramos own goal call against United are my favorite footy calls from Gus so far.

Slizz

he had the same mistakes during Barca-Bayern (couldn't pronounce Iniesta, mixing up players, etc.), but I think he's getting better with each game. I think these questions are a deliberate attempt from FOX as well, they're hoping a name like Gus will pull people to their coverage.

He still worth it for those moments of OMGOMGOMGGOALLLL. This one and his Ramos own goal call against United are my favorite footy calls from Gus so far.

Yeah hes good for those moments. They rushed him into this I feel, made him take a crash course on a sport he knew next to nothing about. Sometimes during the broadcast he'll be really late/behind in conveying whats happening in real time and fumbling throughout with the jargon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom