• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
*bow*
IH7gTtq.gif
*bow*

We might get our own underdog to Europe:

okv9I04.png

And guess what?

18.05. - 15:30 - SC Freiburg - FC Schalke 04 :D
(Frankfurt plays Wolfsburg at home)

Freiburg might not make it through the qualification round though :|
But hey, fuck Schlolke anyhow..

/death to bayern

Well, he's supposed to begin light training on Monday so I'd say it's probable, but who knows. I'm not quite sure what I want tbh, without him we severely lack creativity up front, but will he give is all to fight the cancer? Dunno..

Also we're supposed to be close to signing Atletico Mineiro's Bernard as (one of the) Götze subs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F63qQ0nsHk

Lightning

Banned
I know Gotze is a risk but can you guys win without him? Will Reus be enough? I don't trust Lewa honestly I don't think he is loyal enough to the cause.

That YouTube video shows that player as an excellent finisher with a nice touch. Don't know much about the player though

Jburton

Banned
There's a Manchester flight leaving here in half an hour and the entire thing just seems to be united fans. Everyone decked out in their United gear, even a full kit wanker, although he was about 7 years old. Special effort for Fergie's last home game I suppose. Flights would have cost a bomb if they were last minute.

Manchester is going to be red all over today, big day today and its going to be one hell of a send off for Fergie.

What a day!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I heard Ibarbo scored a boss goal against Juve. Y'all got a link?

Vamos Cruz Azul!

-Tebow Courtois is overrated. Atletico should just get Joel Robles back.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Tell me about Quintero, Andres

Darwin? He's a little dude that's fast as fuck but he's wasteful. He's not that young so there's a reason he plays in Mexico.

We have much better (good value) strikers than him. Fuck. Deportivo Cali tied that cunt team from Bogotá. I fell asleep too early

Jburton

Banned
I don't expect any (many?) of UnitedGAF to stop caring if we start losing but do we have actual glory hunters here?

Hitcher are you into dubstep?

I think United ditched a lot of glory hunters during the three back to back seasons when we did not win the league and it looked to some like we were on the wane.

I think many jumped on the Chelsea bandwagon.

I have supported them since I was 7 and it was a fair few years before they won league, yet once they started winning all United supporters were labelled glory hunters ........ then again same thing happened to Liverpool supporters over 20 years ago ;).

So I can say categorically say no.

I know Gotze is a risk but can you guys win without him? Will Reus be enough? I don't trust Lewa honestly I don't think he is loyal enough to the cause.

That YouTube video shows that player as an excellent finisher with a nice touch. Don't know much about the player though

Yeah, he does look pretty sharp. Like a mix of Reus & Götze.
I think we could win without him, but he is very important nonetheless. And Sahin who'd play as a deep-lying-playmaker is still not 100% which would make us vulnerable.

See, I feel like Lewandowski is a cold blooded glory hunter. He will want that golden boot with Rolando (12 vs. 10 goals atm.) so I feel like he will indeed try to score and win it + there's still a chance he might decide to go abroad, albeit a slim one.

I think United ditched a lot of glory hunters during the three back to back seasons when we did not win the league and it looked to some like we were on the wane.

I have supported them since I was 7 and it was a fair few years before they won league, yet once they started winning all United supporters were labelled glory hunters ........ then again same thing happened to Liverpool supporters over 20 years ago ;).

I am often called a glory hunter because I support Manchester United and I have done from since a young age. When both my mother and fathers family support Manchester United (with the exception of my uncle) the last thing I'd say would be "Fuck it I'll support Arsenal."

I hate being called a glory hunter but it's like water off a ducks back.

Kikarian

Well coming from Manchester, the main two teams I could support were United or City. Everyone in my Family supports United. So I guess the choice was easy for me. I've supported United since I was able to watch football.

I can't really class myself as a glory hunter as I wouldn't stop supporting United if we didn't win any trophy's for the next 30 years.

Of course it is brother, going to be an extra big splash of red on Manchester today .......... which is all the sweeter after the glorious Wigan victory yesterday.
It's going to be a sad, sad day for any United fan.

A flight to Liverpool is also filled with United fans heading over for the game! Seriously there's just United jerseys everywhere! I can see one lad in a Liverpool shirt giving everyone the evil eye

AndresON777

shooting blanks
No, Juan Fernando.

Midfielder. Colombian.

Probably going to a scrub outfit like Liverpool. But, until he does, "Manchester United target".

Oh. He's amazing. A true number 10 but he can also score. He single handedly won Colombia the under 20 title in South America. Pescara is relegated so he should be cheap

He's a baby but give him some steroids and he'll be perfect. Great at free kicks too

Kikarian

A flight to Liverpool is also filled with United fans heading over for the game! Seriously there's just United jerseys everywhere! I can see one lad in a Liverpool shirt giving everyone the evil eye
There's a march before the game in honor of Fergie. From Red Square to Old Trafford. Everyone's wearing retro shirts or any United shirt.

Jburton

Banned
Well coming from Manchester, the main two teams I could support were United or City. Everyone in my Family supports United. So I guess the choice was easy for me. I've supported United since I was able to watch football.

I can't really class myself as a glory hunter as I wouldn't stop supporting United if we didn't win any trophy's for the next 30 years.

It's going to be a sad, sad day for any United fan.

A very sad day for any Manchester United fan, I am just happy that it seems so many from all over who support United is making their way to Old Trafford ..... the big man deserves a great send off.

An historic day for the club, a sad day for the club and a victorious day for the club all rolled into one ........ it will be emotional.

There's a march before the game in honor of Fergie. From Red Square to Old Trafford. Everyone's wearing retro shirts or any United shirt.

Makes sense, I wonder if they all even have tickets. One guy was giving out that he'd been ripped off buying tickets for his sons. Most have cost him several hundred at least

Kikarian

Makes sense, I wonder if they all even have tickets. One guy was giving out that he'd been ripped off buying tickets for his sons. Most have cost him several hundred at least
I think some of them do. But some are going back to Red Square to watch it.

The ticket prices are crazy. Seen some go for £3000.

I think some of them do. But some are going back to Red Square to watch it.

The ticket prices are crazy. Seen some go for £3000.

Yeah he was talking about seeing tickets for £3000 and over, he was blaming the west brom fans! He said he didn't have to pay quite that much but it must still have been a lot. Crazy stuff

AndresON777

shooting blanks
How can Spurs expect to beat Arsenal in the league when they have players like Huddleston.

It's funny

Varane got hurt I see. Awesome

Diego Lopez is shit

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
How can Spurs expect to beat Arsenal in the league when they have players like Huddleston.

It's funny

Varane got hurt I see. Awesome

Diego Lopez is shit

Huddlestone has his uses, he's our version of Scholes. Slow and can't tackle but an amazing passing range. He got us the 3 points agai at City.

The injury to Sandro is what has cost us most. He was playing to a world class standard before his injury and Parker is embarrassing by comparison. Sandro would never have allowed some of the rubbish goals we've given away.

Arnie

I always miss Sunday Supplement, it's on way too early.

Although I did wake up at 5:30am and contemplate walking to a 24 hour shop for some apple juice. My throat was dryer than David Moyes.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Huddlestone has his uses, he's our version of Scholes. Slow and can't tackle but an amazing passing range. He got us the 3 points agai at City.

The injury to Sandro is what has cost us most. He was playing to a world class standard before his injury and Parker is embarrassing by comparison. Sandro would never have allowed some of the rubbish goals we've given away.

I like Spurs. You guys need to send scouts to South America. Cheap, great players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom