• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeegsD

4lyWPs8.jpg

In quotes now

Yeah hes good for those moments. They rushed him into this I feel, made him take a crash course on a sport he knew next to nothing about. Sometimes during the broadcast he'll be really late/behind in conveying whats happening in real time and fumbling throughout with the jargon.

I'd quite like to listen to somebody who isn't jaded by football, is enthusiastic, willing to learn and discuss, and gets excited by things that almost become the norm when you watch 5+ games a week

FC3 is pretty good so far, only done 2 story missions :p

It looks terrible for 10 minutes or so while the eyes adjust to the motion blur.

MPW

In what way do you mean that?

bayern just bought dortmund's best player

Borussia Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp has said he fears the Bundesliga is on the verge of becoming a one-horse race like the Scottish Premier League

whenever another german team wins the bundesliga or provides a serious challenge to bayern, bayern goes and buys that teams best player

so there is never is a 2nd team that can compete with bayern for a long period of time

and I head Lewandoski is going to bayern as well

so dortmund is just fucked for next season, bayern will win bundesliga again with matches to spare

I'd quite like to listen to somebody who isn't jaded by football, is enthusiastic, willing to learn and discuss, and gets excited by things that almost become the norm when you watch 5+ games a week

FC3 is pretty good so far, only done 2 story missions :p

It looks terrible for 10 minutes or so while the eyes adjust to the motion blur.

far cry 3?

i'm playing far cry 3 blood dragon - best $15 i spent on psn, f'n awesome game so far

Timurid

What will you do when Ibra leaves this summer though?

Also

640x360_CAMPIONS.v1368025208.jpg

:p

Tbh I don't think he is leaving this summer. Rubentus won't pay 20+ mil for Ibra plus whatever his salary is going to be. They'll probably just settle with Higuain and some shitty Italian striker.

If he does leave then I'll be happy. We can buy Cavani or some other star striker and a left back.

According to Foot Mercato, Ancelotti is willing to stay if PSG gets rid of Leonardo because he wants 'full control'.

Salazar

Oh Banned Paper

England manager Roy Hodgson faces a big selection dilemma this week as he weighs up whether to bring back Rio Ferdinand or John Terry for friendlies against the Republic of Ireland and Brazil.

Yeah, what a puzzle

Falcao goes to Monaco with an escape clause for Real Madrid http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2013/05/11/primera/1368231056_452852.html

psg vs monaco title race for french league next season

6h5qduB.gif

Madrid are the Lysa Arryn of the football world, motherfucker.

Falcao wants no part of that paint-faced heavy-waisted trash.

Vincent Kompany ‏@VincentKompany 8h
To our fans. I said it two years ago and we've proven. I'll say it again. City is destined for greatness, so let's just keep calm. #MCFC

How about you shut the fuck up while you are keeping calm, Vincent. You're just another club with money. And Wigan had more heart and more quality on the day. Destiny is just the shit you keep telling yourself, son.

There's a Manchester flight leaving here in half an hour and the entire thing just seems to be united fans. Everyone decked out in their United gear, even a full kit wanker, although he was about 7 years old. Special effort for Fergie's last home game I suppose. Flights would have cost a bomb if they were last minute.

FootballFan

The highlight of your season. Really sad age to be a Sportinguista. All you can do is celebrate Porto's victories over Benfica, that's how irrelevant you are.

zz6kaPY.gif

You shouldn't change your avatar from a Benfica one just because of one loss, still a good season overall.

rvy

Banned
zz6kaPY.gif

You shouldn't change your avatar from a Benfica one just because of one loss, still a good season overall.

GTA V is more exciting than Benfica ever was. Fuck Benfica. Loser supporters, loser players, loser board, loser coach. Losers everywhere. I have no idea why I associate with this shit club.

"Still a good season overall".

lol, OK. Your standard of a good season is low as shit. No, Benfica will not win a single competition it's involved in. It's not a good season.

FootballFan

There's a Manchester flight leaving here in half an hour and the entire thing just seems to be united fans. Everyone decked out in their United gear, even a full kit wanker, although he was about 7 years old. Special effort for Fergie's last home game I suppose. Flights would have cost a bomb if they were last minute.

Flight leaving from where? Where is here?

Lightning

Banned
GTA V is more exciting than Benfica ever was. Fuck Benfica. Loser supporters, loser players, loser board, loser coach. Losers everywhere. I have no idea why I associate with this shit club.

"Still a good season overall".

lol, OK. Your standard of a good season is low as shit. No, Benfica will not win a single competition it's involved in. It's not a good season.
Is this post serious, dude? You have as good as chance as anyone against Chelsea. They don't look that impressive themselves.

rvy

Banned
Is this post serious, dude? You have as good as chance as anyone against Chelsea. They don't look that impressive themselves.

I've been watching this team for 16 years. Yes, this post is serious. Chelsea not looking impressive is meaningless.

Wanna do bets? Benfica will not win a single competition it's involved in. I'll take a one month ban bet, you can take an avatar bet.

FootballFan

I've been watching this team for 16 years. Yes, this post is serious. Chelsea not looking impressive is meaningless.

Wanna do bets? Benfica will not win a single competition it's involved in. I'll take a one month ban bet, you can take an avatar bet

I thought ban bets aren't allowed anymore? Well that is what someone here said.

Believe in the remuntada.

Lightning

Banned

Wanna do bets? Benfica will not win a single competition it's involved in. I'll take a one month ban bet, you can take an avatar bet
I would rather you not banned, you're an excellent user. Is that user you quoted not a Porto fan or something? He celebrated like he was a Porto fan.

Benfica vs Chelsea is 50/50 is all I'm saying. And Chelsea have to be running low on energy by now.

FootballFan

I would rather you not banned, you're an excellent user. Is that user you quoted not a Porto fan or something? He celebrated like he was a Porto fan.

Benfica vs Chelsea is 50/50 is all I'm saying. And Chelsea have to be running low on energy by now.

Nah he quoted a Sporting/Man United fan.

rvy

Banned

Sporting fan.

Benfica lost the league title last week and Porto sealed the deal this week, this team can't do anything after this. They're absolutely destroyed emotionally and Jesus is not a good motivator. Chelsea have the Europa in the bag.

Sloosha

Sporting fan.

Benfica lost the league title last week and Porto sealed the deal this week, this team can't do anything after this. They're absolutely destroyed emotionally and Jesus is not a good motivator. Chelsea have the Europa in the bag.

I wouldn't be so sure. We seem to be allergic to trophies this year.

Lightning

Banned
Sporting fan.

Sporting fan? What the hell is he celebrating for then? Benfica losing doesn't benefit Sporting in any sense so I can't see the point... Hmm shallow.

Maybe if their mind is not with it Chelsea will probably win because Chelsea's mind will be on the job. As much as I don't like them they've done an immense job at grinding results the bastards.

rvy

Banned
Sporting fan? What the hell is he celebrating for then? Benfica losing doesn't benefit Sporting in any sense so I can't see the point... Hmm shallow.

Maybe if their mind is not with it Chelsea will probably win because Chelsea's mind will be on the job. As much as I don't like them they've done an immense job at grinding results the bastards.

A large portion of Sporting supporters are like that, it's nothing new.

Chelsea winning will be a good thing, we need to clean house already. Over 10 years this board has been in place. 2 league titles in over 10 years. If anything, losing everything will only benefit Benfica.

rvy :(

A miracle could still happen on the last matchday though, right? Ask Inter.

<3

No chance.

I knew rvy's sadness/anger would make me feel sad. Dammit why can't they all be cunts like Lambda.

1353425182315532_animate.gif

Sloosha

Yeah, I'm surprised that we were able to go on the run that we did - It was certainly looking ominous for a time.

Hope you guys get a top 4 position though. Preferably 4th of course. ;)

Lightning

Banned
Yeah, I'm surprised that we were able to go on the run that we did - It was certainly looking ominous for a time.

Hope you guys get a top 4 position though. Preferably 4th of course. ;)
3rd would be better but 4th okay. We have a great seeding so an extra 2 games won't be the end of the world just not ideal. Both of us have tricky final games but I would prefer Newcastle away to Everton at home personally. Moyes last game, another banana skin game that.

Really hope Stoke frustrate Spurs tonight. Wigan have me concerned but we should win. If we lose to Wigan in these circumstances the loss will be worse than the Bradford loss. Total embarrasment.

qindarka

Banned
Have faith for the Europa final. Chelsea are very tired after a grueling season and will most likely be without Hazard. And you gave us a hell of a scare with 10 men at Stamford Bridge last season.

Zabojnik

Cheer up, rvy. You could've had a much worse day. You could've had to perform CPR and have the person die on you. Happened to me last night. :(

Zabojnik

Damn. :(

Was it someone you knew, if you don't mind me asking?

Thankfully, no. Happened at work. An older gentleman had a heart attack. The medic said there was nothing we could've done, which made me feel a bit better afterwards. Apparently it was the man's third heart attack.

Kenka

Cheer up, rvy. You could've had a much worse day. You could've had to perform CPR and have the person die on you. Happened to me last night. :(

Thankfully, no. Happened at work. An older gentleman had a heart attack. The medic said there was nothing we could've done, which made me feel a bit better afterwards. Apparently it was the man's third heart attack.

Ouch Zabo, I hope you have carried a minimum of weight on your soul, and that someone quickly recalles you how awesome you are to dispel the dark clouds in your mind.

Sloane

Banned
so dortmund is just fucked for next season, bayern will win bundesliga again with matches to spare
Don't think we're fucked, we know how to compensate for leaving players but, yeah, Bayern might win the league with an even bigger lead next season unless Pep royally fucks up which I doubt will happen. Don't really care about how "attractive" the Bundesliga is from the outside though anyway.

3Sixty

Sucks bro. Has happened to me too. Also have kept people alive until ambulance got there. That feels abit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom