• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuenf

Dare I say it before the final? I just have to....

THIS season is worth the pains of last year. This team is amazing, every single player is playing at their best right now and most importantly they are an even better team. It would've been nice to win the CL last year, but it would have cheated us out of experiencing this Bayern.
Last season they needed some luck to get this far, but this time the really DO deserve it and the title.

This has to be one of the best seasons in club football ever.

Blablurn

THIS season is worth the pains of last year. This team is amazing, every single player is playing at their best right now and most importantly they are an even better team. It would've been nice to win the CL last year, but it would have cheated us out of experiencing this Bayern.
Last season they needed some luck to get this far, but this time the really DO deserve it and the title.

/signed

466752_656819384334756_105132400_o.jpg

ATF487

Excited for the German final actually, especially since I don't watch enough of the Bundesliga

I should probably fix that, the bundesliga seems awesome

Wilbur

Banned
How many years back are we going? Favorite team I've seen is probably Ronaldinho's Barca. I know Messi/C Ronaldo have great goal records but Ronaldinho was just amazing to watch. Messi may score 4 in match but it'll be the same burst of speed and chip each time. Ronaldinho would score only one goal but it'd be a freaking bicycle kick or 30 yrd screamer. Love him.

The Galaticos were also great to watch but they probably peaked in Zidane's first year lol. When the real Ronaldo joined it very fun but they didn't win anything. Then Madrid started adding nontechnical (English) players like Beckham, Owens and Gravesen ugh.

2004-06 Barca was amazing as well, yeah. Rjikaard was doing shit right. Dunno what happened in his last year.

Arnie

Remember when we were laughing because Zaha cost twice as much as Coutinho?

That was funny. It still is. In fact, it's even funnier.

That's the kind of post to jinx stuff.

#KoanHenkelpott

fuenf

That's the kind of post to jinx stuff.

#KoanHenkelpott

It's not a jinx and I don't believe in jinxes anymore. That's why I posted it, the season is a massive achievement and I'm proud of the team, that's why I just had to post it. I don't want to judge this season solely on the final and have my thoughts tainted by what might transpire.

ATF487

It's the most boring season in a long time.

i know it's been bayern steam rolling but the league is generally well run and competitive most years. i've grown weary of the spanish league and psg is on task to ruin ligue 1; have to find something else to be interested in besides england

Zero148

As I read Shakthar, I remember their coach before the second leg against Dortmund saying the team that makes it through to the quarters will also play in the final. he is a very smart man as we know now

You can tease as much as you like. Its Coutinho himself you'll have to answer to when you reach the pearly gates.

We'll see next year when Zaha puts the ball through his legs, passes it to RVP and scores. Then Cuntinwho picks himself up to only score a Pique 5 mins later.

I don't take too kindly to people shit talking my hero

I wish he was still as good as he was at Barca, damn he was a legend unlike Cuntinwho.

It's not a jinx and I don't believe in jinxes anymore. That's why I posted it, the season is a massive achievement and I'm proud of the team, that's why I just had to post it. I don't want to judge this season solely on the final and have my thoughts tainted by what might transpire.

Well, you're certainly playing a great season so far. But right now, the only thing you've won is the Bundesliga. Even the DFB cup final is not won yet although Stuttgart winning would be fucking crazy lol. If it stays like this, this season certainly won't go down as special in Bayern history.

We'll see next year when Zaha puts the ball through his legs, passes it to RVP and scores. Then Cuntinwho picks himself up to only score a Pique 5 mins later.

I wish he was still as good as he was at Barca, damn he was a legend unlike Cuntinwho.

When's the last time Ronaldinho emptied St James' Park like a David Copperfield trick? Exactly.

And Zaha will flop. Obvsly.

More so than the result, the performance by Bayern was unbelievably good. The passing, the pressure, the defending - it was flawless.

Barcelona, yet again without Messi, looked completely devoid of any imagination and self-belief. They were very ordinary against Bilbao last week until Messi came on. Villanova will need to explain his decision to leave him on the bench, because it was worth the risk losing him for the rest of the season to an injury. His presence alone could have given this side belief.

There was a passage of play in the first half were Cesc got the ball, and rather than dribble forward, he simply passed wide. Of course he is unable to dribble at defenders, but it just goes to show you how central Leo Messi is to this sides creative play as much as finishing the chances. The moral of the story as learned in the last few weeks isn't that Barca cannot win without their Argentinian ace but more seriously they can't play at all without him.

Blaburn please forgive me for ever doubting Bayern, because I've come to learn about your side tonight

fuenf

Well, you're certainly playing a great season so far. But right now, the only thing you've won is the Bundesliga. Even the DFB cup final is not won yet although Stuttgart winning would be fucking crazy lol. If it stays like this, this season certainly won't go down as special in Bayern history.

I know but the Bundesliga season will go down in history. I've thought a lot about the meaning of football, watching sports etc. after last years final and tbh winning things is great, but it really is about the ride to the final. I mean look at both Bayern and Dortmund they have delivered amazing entertainment during the last 9 months, that can't be tarnished and shouldnt be judged solely by the outcome of the final .

jtb

Banned
More so than the result, the performance by Bayern was unbelievably good. The passing, the pressure, the defending - it was flawless.

Barcelona, yet again without Messi, looked completely devoid of any imagination and self-belief. They were very ordinary against Bilbao last week until Messi came on. Villanova will need to explain his decision to leave him on the bench, because it was worth the risk losing him for the rest of the season to an injury. His presence alone could have given this side belief.

There was a passage of play in the first half were Cesc got the ball, and rather than dribble forward, he simply passed wide. Of course he is unable to dribble at defenders, but it just goes to show you how central Leo Messi is to this sides creative play as much as finishing the chances. Barcelona were shocking tonight.

Blaburn please forgive me for ever doubting Bayern

what? Did you miss the entire leg in Munich. Let the fucking guy heal; too many careers have been ruined by managers rushing them back from injury. There's always next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom