• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
If there's one player I want to flourish it's him. He's the complete package for his age, but injuries keep fucking him over.

There's a nice little Q+A with Kelly on the official site. He rates himself as faster than Sterling over 100yrds which I found interesting, his pace is always overlooked.

Our U18's got mullered tonight - 4-0 against Stoke.

Fry

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, everyone!

I'll take the lack of happybirthdayclint.jpg as proof that I'm beloved.

i6nECrMDG17UH.png

Arnie

Yep. Really, really worrying injuries as well, the type that can easily fuck a player's entire career. Didn;t he have a year out after corrective spinal surgery when he was 18 or so?

Didn't know about that.

He's had problems growing into his body, and obviously the ACL one was a bad one. He did talk about using the rehabilitation time to rebuild his body shape, which is good. He's a mammoth of a man, physically, and he's got the technical attributes, too. He needs to return to the acceleration he possessed before the injury and get himself mentally ready to return to the defence, and he should be starting alongside Agger.

/dream scenario

There's a nice little Q+A with Kelly on the official site. He rates himself as faster than Sterling over 100yrds which I found interesting, his pace is always overlooked.

Our U18's got mullered tonight - 4-0 against Stoke.
Recent?

Video or text?

I wonder if we will play with our new home shirts in the final : O We did it in 2010 already.

Don't think you can do that. From the Donetsk match, I learned that you can only register 3 shirts for a CL season. Or maybe they make an exception for the final?

who is that?

Some German Sky moderator, called Anna Kraft. But the point is that Wolff Fuss is quite the ugly, shit talking fucker lol

Mastadon

Banned
Didn't know about that.

He's had problems growing into his body, and obviously the ACL one was a bad one. He did talk about using the rehabilitation time to rebuild his body shape, which is good. He's a mammoth of a man, physically, and he's got the technical attributes, too. He needs to return to the acceleration he possessed before the injury and get himself mentally ready to return to the defence, and he should be starting alongside Agger.

/dream scenario

Recent?

Video or text?

Just text - questions from Thai fans.

http://www.lfctour.com/news/latest-news/thai-fans-quiz-martin-kelly

FootballFan

Yup. Also, see: every Arsenal player of the past 8 years or so.

Don't know how I didn't think of that, Arsenal players are a great example of that.

If you keep playing players when they 85% fit and still have a bit of a knock, soon they will just get injured for longer and longer. More and more times each season.

No point doing that. Rather have Messi 100% next season than have him injured over the transfer period only to return just in time and get injured again.

Hixx

Sleeping Dogs is average gameplay but people like it because its in China or some shit.

what is this shit

Batman's melee, tedium-free exploration, a good story, WEI SHEN MOTHERFUCKER and just basically awesome oozing from everything

First reply wins, and yes, I'm aware that this is the third time I've asked

Far Cry 3 or Sleeping Dogs?

Far Cry has a great first half of the game, story and gameplay are awesome. Second half it retains the great gameplay but has a really heavy drop in story.

Sleeping Dogs has an awesome start and an incredible ending act, the middle is a lot of average open world missions except a few.

Far Cry lasted me more than SD.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Yeah, Sleeping Dogs is awesome - once in a gen type stuff. Far Cry is one of those shooting games, may as well play Bioshock or something instead.

Clegg

I might get shit for this but imo GTA 4 has the best "world" in which to explore. From time to time I boot up my PS3 just to walk around Liberty City and see what kind of things the NPC's get up to.

The missions weren't great but the sandbox experience is still better than any other game that I can think of.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
I might get shit for this but imo GTA 4 has the best "world" in which to explore. From time to time I boot up my PS3 just to walk around Liberty City and see what kind of things the NPC's get up to.

The missions weren't great but the sandbox experience is still better than any other game that I can think of.
The one thing Rockstar have never been matched on is both memorable locations and the feeling of just walking around down a street at any point in the city. Everything feels alive and there's so much attention to detail. Things like Saints Row remind me of those old PS2 'open world' games where there was invisible barriers and buildings were flat textures - even though it isn't, it feels like that compared to GTA.

Linius

Whenever I go gaming at a friends house we always boot up GTA to cause some trouble in Liberty City. It's just so much fun.

Mastadon

Banned
I've just been attacked by two massive spiders in a type of pincer formation. One has been dealt with, but the other remains MIA.

If you don't hear from me tomorrow, avenge my death.

Zero148

This weekend will see if Dortmund is able to beat Bayern. I think Heynckes will probably use an alternative team just to fool Dortmund though.

lol, I doubt drunken Dortmund players will beat Bayern. Also I doubt there will be any first squad on the field. The match will be one gigantic "Sommerkick" and Party propably. It is so meaningless this league match.

also:

Meier

what is this shit

Batman's melee, tedium-free exploration, a good story, WEI SHEN MOTHERFUCKER and just basically awesome oozing from everything
This. Driving was very, very good, story was interesting and well written, combat was GREAT, the collectibles were actually compelling and beneficial, very solid side quests..it's a perfect open world game. No complaints at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom