• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
what? Did you miss the entire leg in Munich. Let the fucking guy heal. There's always next season.

Anyone who saw him play against Bilbao this weekend would have been left speechless at his omission from the starting XI tonight. Barcelona have a comfortable lead in the league table - enough to justify the risk of losing him to a longer injury considering the prize.

Meier

Samsung use Chelsea a lot in their advertising here in the US. I'm surprised T-Mo has never done anything with Bayern Munich.

Hey Meus is back!

jtb

Banned
Anyone who saw him play against Bilbao this weekend would have been left speechless at his omission from the starting XI tonight. Barcelona have a comfortable lead in the league table - enough to justify the risk of losing him to a longer injury considering the prize.

If that's the case, he shouldn't have played at the weekend. And, it's not just about this league campaign, it's about the next campaign, and the one after that. Messi is the best player in the world. For now. Keep rushing him back from injury and little by little, it'll take its toll. It always does.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Leaving him on the bench was actually brilliant. Now everyone is going to blame their loss on that.

I just love how Bayern put the Belgian tv commentator in his place. Dude was a Barca fan, always way too enthusiastic, prasing Barca and Messi(ah), but the last 2 games, silent like a mofo.

So, I got stuck at ZDF. Tell me, how the fuck did Wolff Fuss manage to score that chick:
4n5uxiU.jpg

Inspiration for any man on this planet lol

fuenf

Samsung use Chelsea a lot in their advertising here in the US. I'm surprised T-Mo has never done anything with Bayern Munich.

Hey Meus is back!

They rarely do commercials with Bayern in Germany, their marketing strategy is all about media exposure

Meier

They had absolutely no chance tonight. If they'd managed an away goal and the score was 4-1 or 3-1 or something in that first game, then you might consider risking it.. but this game was lost before it started. They should sit Messi for the rest of the season and let him get healthy.

They rarely do commercials with Bayern in Germany, their marketing strategy is all about media exposure

Well they don't really need to do it in Germany. The Bundesliga has almost 0 presence at all in the US though -- it'd be to their benefit to try and get more exposure and fans here.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
i know it's been bayern steam rolling but the league is generally well run and competitive most years. i've grown weary of the spanish league and psg is on task to ruin ligue 1; have to find something else to be interested in besides england
All leagues across Europe have been ridiculously one-sided this season, it's incredible.

It must say something when the German, Spanish and English (Prem + Championship) leagues are won by margins greater than we win the SPL.

Meier

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, everyone!

I'll take the lack of happybirthdayclint.jpg as proof that I'm beloved.

Zero148

The final will be amazing, two abolutely stunning teams with high quality individuals and both are on very high tactical level. Bayern is favourite, but we have a chance to win too. Let us all hope no player of either side gets injured in one of the last three league matches. Luckily both have nohing more to win in the Bundesliga or lose (Dortmund could get third in theory, but they need to get zero points and Leverkusen nine out of the last three matches).

Also it is Bayern in an amazing form, but built with much money (Neuer, Robben, Ribery, Martinez and Mandzukic alone cost 120 million or something like that) + youth players against a team that developed in the last years from a mediocre german team to a CL finalist with young players that became top players in Dortmund and were bought as nobodys (or came out of Dortmunds youth). Except Reus, he was expensive and not a nobody before he joined Dortmund again.

Looking forward to it

Timurid

i know it's been bayern steam rolling but the league is generally well run and competitive most years. i've grown weary of the spanish league and psg is on task to ruin ligue 1; have to find something else to be interested in besides england
Don't worry Monaco will be PSG's main competitors for years to come.

Arnie

Can't wait for the English Hummels to return next season and become a starting centre back. Our premium wooly back.

tumblr_mkuelgnyHD1r8fm3eo1_r1_500.gif

FootballFan

Nope that would be a big mistake. Messi would become a injury prone player who would end up spending 2+ months a season injured.

Puyol always comes back from injuries early, now tell me, when was the last time you saw him play?

Good that Messi didn't play.

Meier

BTW City-GAF: I've been corresponding with a Toluca fan on Twitter for the past few days and apparently Novaretti has said the report was a lie. I read earlier he has a dual-Italian passport though so if it were true, he'd be able to join the club without a work permit concern.

Noirulus

Yes and Barca went out in glory vs Inter because we were 1 goal away and won the 2nd leg.

Wait, no. still got eliminated.

This is exactly the same points Xavi would make lol. "At least we played good football" or something.

Not really. At all. Xavi's moral superiority bullshit is something akin to "Yeah, we lost, but unlike other teams we played with an identity"

jtb

Banned
Nope that would be a big mistake. Messi would become a injury prone player who would end up spending 2+ months a season injured.

Puyol always comes back from injuries early, now tell me, when was the last time you saw him play?

Good that Messi didn't play.

Yup. Also, see: every Arsenal player of the past 8 years or so.

If there's one player I want to flourish it's him. He's the complete package for his age, but injuries keep fucking him over.

Yep. Really, really worrying injuries as well, the type that can easily fuck a player's entire career. Didn;t he have a year out after corrective spinal surgery when he was 18 or so?

BTW City-GAF: I've been corresponding with a Toluca fan on Twitter for the past few days and apparently Novaretti has said the report was a lie. I read earlier he has a dual-Italian passport though so if it were true, he'd be able to join the club without a work permit concern.

Yeah, he said yesterday that it was a lie. It's like saying Real Madrid is signing Savic. Just plain made-up bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom