• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Fabregas needs to move from Barca imo.

Before he left, he was on course to becoming one of the best midfielders in the world. Now he's struggling to get into the team and he doesn't seem like the same player he was when he played at Arsenal.

Before he left, he was on course to becoming one of the best midfielders in the world. Now he's struggling to get into the team and he doesn't seem like the same player he was when he played at Arsenal.
Cesc pls

Come back to your true home. You are well loved and respected here.

Pls

Timurid

Fabregas and Wenger will be united at PSG!

Noirulus

You make a good point but Barca won't sell Fabregas. Xavi has been diminishing and they'll need someone to replace him sooner or later.

Arnie

Remember Klopp's speech about football being a train, and that it doesn't wait for you if you jump off it (in reference to Sahin), well I feel as if Cesc disembarked and won't be able to get back on at Barcelona.

I feel that when Xavi retires, it'll be Thiago who replaces him, not Cesc, and Cesc will continue in his peripheral false nine role that doesn't truly suit him as a player. So much about being a top player is in the mind, and I feel that mentally Cesc doesn't have that spark that he once did.

Zero148

he should join Dortmund to replace Götze. That would be awesome, but it won't happen of course

K1LLER7

Remember Klopp's speech about football being a train, and that it doesn't wait for you if you jump off it (in reference to Sahin), well I feel as if Cesc disembarked and won't be able to get back on at Barcelona.

I feel that when Xavi retires, it'll be Thiago who replaces him, not Cesc, and Cesc will continue in his peripheral false nine role that doesn't truly suit him as a player. So much about being a top player is in the mind, and I feel that mentally Cesc doesn't have that spark that he once did.

Your right. Barca don't play him where he's at his best. I feel for him to get back to how he was, he'll have to move. He's still young so he could potentially find that form again. But, if he really wants to stay at Barca, I can't see him going back to the Cesc we knew in the PL.

Scum

Oh yeah, it's not getting through because I have you on ignore. Gimme a sec and send it again...

5YRcF.gif
5YRcF.gif

Got to watch the game at work!

\m/

I've watched Schweini play week in and week out for years, and he was already one of the best midfielders in the world 3 years ago, but this year he's playing on another level, capable of playing in any system. There's no weakness to his game any more.

jtb

Banned

They never do. dat Wenger factor... Adebayor, Flamini, Hleb, Nasri, Song, Cesc... all varying levels of shit after leaving.

let's not talk about RVP :(

Randdalf

Cesc pls

Come back to your true home. You are well loved and respected here.

Pls

Do Arsenal need Cesc back? He would marginalise Ramsey who, despite what you think of his performances overall this season, has been one of Arsenal's best players in their past few games. Then again, Wilshere + Cazorla + Fabregas would probably be the best midfield in the league.

I feel as though what they really need is a defensive midfielder like Gilberto Silva or Javi Martinez, someone who will sit in front of their defence and protect it all game long. It's one of the reasons why the Invincibles were so successful (coupled with their lethality in attack). Whether that player will come through the transfer market or their youth setup remains to be seen.

Why is Guerrero not playing in Europe?

He is too good for SouthA football

I am not talking a big team but he can be great at Sevilla, Palermo, etc.

K1LLER7

Do Arsenal need Cesc back? He would marginalise Ramsey who, despite what you think of his performances overall this season, has been one of Arsenal's best players in their past few games. Then again, Wilshere + Cazorla + Fabregas would probably be the best midfield in the league.

I feel as though what they really need is a defensive midfielder like Gilberto Silva or Javi Martinez, someone who will sit in front of their defence and protect it all game long. It's one of the reasons why the Invincibles were so successful (coupled with their lethality in attack). Whether that player will come through the transfer market or their youth setup remains to be seen.

---- Carrick - Fabregas ----

Zaha -- Rooney -- Kagawa

----------- RVP -------------

Lightning

Banned
They never do. dat Wenger factor... Adebayor, Flamini, Hleb, Nasri, Song, Cesc... all varying levels of shit after leaving.
I doubt Cesc can get it back though, even if he came back I'm starting to doubt he would ever be the player he was before he left. That passion has left him. Remember how Cesc used to run around the field, aggressive in everything he did, supremely creative, and passionate about everything he did? It's just gone at Barca. The man doesn't give a fuck.

This has nothing to do with who your surrounded with. Cesc always craved to feel loved, the attention, but he must have realised that he wasn't going to get any of that at Barca? I don't think he fully understood that Barca don't give a fuck about him, it was a political move to bring him back. Fabregas cannot play Xavi's role and by the time Messi/Iniestia move on Cesc himself will be too old.

Maybe coming back to arsenal would help him. I doubt it though, because the problem is his head now, much like with Torres how he just lost it. Remember the Torres of old to the one now and that's how Cesc is heading.

jtb

Banned

Ramsey... is mediocre to good at everything, great at nothing. I'd have zero qualms about having him on the bench or even playing in a holding role (I think that's where he was originally signed for, but Wenger doesn't seem to know what to do with him either).

As for Cesc... I'd take him back w/o any hesitation. I don't know if this player still exists, but the Cesc of two years ago—I'd be tempted to say that he was the ideal Premier League midfielder. Exceptional passer, physical but also technically very proficient, decent shot on him, etc. He could easily replace either Cazorla or Wilshere and do a better job than either of them.

You're right though, the biggest problem has been the lack of a holding midfielder. It's not a coincidence that the only season we've really made a good go for the title in the post-Invincibles era was when we had Flamini playing in the form of his life. Song is a shit holding midfielder, and even he was better than having no one.

MPW

wow did not expect barca to lose 3-0 at home

wonder what happens to them, wonder if barca will go on a spending spree or not in the summer

Clegg

I see Olivia Wilde couldn't even make the top 100 in FHM's list of sexiest women in the world.

Rihanna, however, was voted second sexiest woman alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom