• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
United are the right amound of good-but-shit that no one will expect them of doping. It's the perfect crime.

Was just thinking that hahaha. We're all so shit, we're the last bastions of hope in football. Us. City. Chelsea. Arsenal.

Liverpool.

When Bayern beat Dortmund but get done for doping, they'll award it to Dortmund. But then they'll get found out and they'll give it to Real. Then they get done, give it to Gala. Drogba found to be drinking bull semen giving him super strength, it goes to the other team Madrid beat.

Manchester United.

bjaelke

If someone could embed the image it would be best. On mobile and ain't nobody got time for that!

BJPsdsGCEAAG9mN.jpg:large

Would've been the perfect away kit but apparently Reina called dibs on it.

Clegg

Wanyama would be a decent signing but we'd still need another new midfielder. Someone who can push forward and link with our forwards. I don't think Clev is the answer.

Looks like we're in for Adem Ljajic with the Wanyama money if he goes. That would probably be our best signing in years lol. Wonder how much he's on now?

Always been massively overrated in my opinion and on top of that a huge twat, even the nice man delio rossi attacked him, like physically attacked lol

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Isn't the Scottish league still way down there away from secured cl?
Even if we reached the last 16 again for the next 5 years we still wouldn't get it because our points total is divided by 5 for the deadweights going out in EL qualifying (Dundee United, Motherwell, Hearts, etc). If they could even just get to EL group stage and finish 3rd or something we could pull the rest of the weight, but no.

So now we face a trip to somewhere like Eastern Europe or even Kazakhstan in Q3, 4 where these teams could easily cause an upset. Then a playoff against a decent side.

3Sixty

Good time to post this.

Southampton are rumoured to be keen on making an audacious triple swoop for Celtic trio Victor Wanyama, Gary Hooper and Fraser Forster, according to The Express.

Mauricio Pochettino’s assistant, Jesus Perez, was in Scotland on Sunday to cast an eye over the three in the face of a prospective bid for the three.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
25th May, the day I pick my new club.

Vjxo4MC.jpg
Top notch glory hunting. :p

Good time to post this.

Southampton are rumoured to be keen on making an audacious triple swoop for Celtic trio Victor Wanyama, Gary Hooper and Fraser Forster, according to The Express.

Mauricio Pochettino’s assistant, Jesus Perez, was in Scotland on Sunday to cast an eye over the three in the face of a prospective bid for the three.
Wanyama: 8m
Forster: 4m + Boruc
Hooper: 6m

Deal.

Arnie

Had almost forgotten that Chelsea could reach the final of the Europa League tonight. Just watched snippets of the conference where journalists were intent on drawing Rafa into a comment about Mourinho.

Also, you know we all kind of agreed that moving to Chelsea wasn't good for Rafa's reputation, given the early indications of struggle, well I kind of think the opposite now. If he wins the Europa League and finishes in the top four he'll be a viable candidate for teams once more.

Even if we reached the last 16 again for the next 5 years we still wouldn't get it because our points total is divided by 5 for the deadweights going out in EL qualifying (Dundee United, Motherwell, Hearts, etc). If they could even just get to EL group stage and finish 3rd or something we could pull the rest of the weight, but no.

So now we face a trip to somewhere like Eastern Europe or even Kazakhstan in Q3, 4 where these teams could easily cause an upset. Then a playoff against a decent side.

Yep it's the same here. We've been lucky to have a cl spot but this is our last year with it because of all the other crap teams.

Kenka

rofl. my field is regional studies china. so it has to be something about china. law, politics, culture. something out of this field.

Tech transfers between Western companies and the Chinese ones. The terms, regulations put in place, the domains concerned, the perspectives for the Chinese economy, etc.

Fady K

Completely agree. I really wish it would have gone on with a new cast, but the same universe. And then concluded a second trilogy with another final of epic proportions.

Thanks for the congratulations. It was really a great game. Personally, I think it did Barca a world of good. They needed a decisive result to instigate some changes. If it was only a 1-nil loss they'd delude themselves into thinking "Messi will fix it next time".

I don't see it as a changing of the guard in Europe at all. But it will change the Barca team for next year. They'll be just as scary as they used to be the last couple years.

Yes, new cast same universe - that is what everyone was expecting when they initially announced it as a 6 part saga. How does Xenoblade compare in terms of story?

You are most welcome Gambit. It surely was a masterpiece of a performance by Bayern. I agree with you wholeheartedly about Barca - it did do them good. As a fan of theirs I hope they learn from this experience. I think if they lost by 1 goal they would have definitely made more excuses, so I prefer the heavier loss. Plus, your team has not won this trophy for over a decade. It would be a good year for them to win it. Plus, Jupp of all people deserve one. What a FANTASTIC season it has been for him.

qindarka

Banned
Even I can't see Chelsea blowing the semi today. Hope Fenerbahce finish the job, really don't want to lose to Benfica after all their pathetic whining last season.

Fady K

Had almost forgotten that Chelsea could reach the final of the Europa League tonight. Just watched snippets of the conference where journalists were intent on drawing Rafa into a comment about Mourinho.

Also, you know we all kind of agreed that moving to Chelsea wasn't good for Rafa's reputation, given the early indications of struggle, well I kind of think the opposite now. If he wins the Europa League and finishes in the top four he'll be a viable candidate for teams once more.

I think Rafa has been good overall. He had some bad moments like any manager would but he did some good things with the team. His big mistake that he never seems to learn from is his substitutions and, at times, his starting XI. Also his insistence on using Benayoun baffles as it never, not once, helped the team. What Malouda was to Chelsea last season is what Benayoun is to Chelsea this season, except even more quiet.

FootballFan

Even I can't see Chelsea blowing the semi today. Hope Fenerbahce finish the job, really don't want to lose to Benfica after all their pathetic whining last season.

Probably did the usual slow mo GIFs with zoomed in circles showing they deserved 5 penalties and Chelsea players deserved prison sentences. Just a guess.

Fady K

I think that depends on how complacent they Qindarka. Plus, Basel can be quite a surprise package. At the very least Rafa intends on starting with a strong XI. Glad he is taking it seriously.

qindarka

Banned
Probably did the usual slow mo GIFs with zoomed in circles showing they deserved 5 penalties and Chelsea players deserved prison sentences. Just a guess.

I don't mind fans showing that GIF. It was probably a penalty even if they ultimately didn't deserve to go through.
It was the comments made by the manager after the defeat that I take issue with.

Clegg

So Lewa to Bayern? I'd be disappointed to miss out on him but we're pretty well stocked on strikers as it is.

Fergie said he'd push the boat out for the right player. It would be a worry if he meant Lewa. That money needs to go on a midfielder.

Fady K

I don't mind fans showing that GIF. It was probably a penalty even if they ultimately didn't deserve to go through.
It was the comments made by the manager after the defeat that I take issue with.

Yes, I lost my respect for Jorge after reading his comments as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom