• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyx

Got to love our owner, a supporter like everybody else.

kzQ4Eub.png

GorillaJu

I love Turn on the Bright Lights, but god damn Interpol's lyrics are bad.

"Her stories are boring and stuff, she's always calling my bluff"
"You'll go stabbing yourself in the neck"

Just the first two to come to my head.

Also Kid A has been best Manc confirmed for a long time. Dat superior taste

Plasma

Banned
This makes me laugh.

We're desperate for a striker and a holding midfielder so Wenger is interested in Grenier who is a very good player but he's a attacking midfielder/winger.

Wenger pls. If we don't sign a high quality striker and I have to suffer another season of Giroud being our only striker... that was torture.

He seems like he might be a good signing but I agree we should be looking to strengthen in other areas first. There were rumours that Lyon wanted Gervinho so if we could just swap them around I'd be happy.

The Mirror ran a story the other day saying that we were closing in on signing Mignolet for 10m and everyone has picked up the story that we're after Williams so who knows maybe we'll sign somebody soon.

As for strikers our two targets were Jovetic and Higuain and it doesn't look like we'll get either, don't think we have any hope of signing Rooney either. Not sure who we'll bring in, maybe we'll pick up David Villa on the cheap, I'd like to see us go for Benteke though.

I honestly can't tell if their lyrics are self-awarely terrible, or if Paul Banks actually thinks they have some depth to them. Fun to belt out on the walk to and from work though :D

Lightning

Banned
He seems like he might be a good signing but I agree we should be looking to strengthen in other areas first. There were rumours that Lyon wanted Gervinho so if we could just swap them around I'd be happy.

The Mirror ran a story the other day saying that we were closing in on signing Mignolet for 10m and everyone has picked up the story that we're after Williams so who knows maybe we'll sign somebody soon.

As for strikers our two targets were Jovetic and Higuain and it doesn't look like we'll get either, don't think we have any hope of signing Rooney either. Not sure who we'll bring in, maybe we'll pick up David Villa on the cheap, I'd like to see us go for Benteke though.
Mignolet would be an absolutely fantastic signing and solve our goal keeping problem for years. He's well worth 10mil. Great player. If not for him I'm certain Sunderland would have been relegated.

Grenier would be a welcome addition and if it got rid of Gervinho then all the better its just not the position I would have preferred us to focus on. We have Cazorla, Chamberlain, Podolski, Roskicy etc.. who can play there but as long as Wenger has a plan for the other positions no problem.

As for our striker I don't know. Rooney is just nonsense. He'd improve our squad immensely but impossible signing. I'm not sure I hope Wenger has a plan though cause we'll need one.

I won't judge it until after the transfer window is closed and we know for sure what our squad will be.

Arsenal why are you targeting our targets? It's bad enough you denied us RVP.
You got Jovetic in the bag. What are you on about? Damn Juve!

phaze

Lewa agent said on Polish TV

"There's no point in pretending that Lewandowski will not play in Bayern. I can't tell you the fee of transfer or when it will happen. It's a matter of a week or two,three. For us the case is clear but we have signed nothing. There's no formal offer but there also was no offer when Lewandowski was bought to Borussia (?)"
Muppet salivating just thinking about that agent fee.

confuziz

Banned
Chelsea being heavily linked to Van Ginkel.

Do any Eredivisie followers care to share their opinions on him?

Best attacking midfielder after Eriksen and Maher imo. Doubt he could perform at Chelsea though. This has probably something to do with the Vitesse partnership.

Lightning

Banned
I'm kinda torn. It will be good for Almunia to be in the PL again but I really like the comedy Holloway brings to press conferences so I would prefer him.

Come on Palace. One more win eh?

Holy shit Cruz Azul lost? I left to hang out with friends. Thought it was practically over by then.

If only Barea didn't take that shot and passed it. It was an automatic goal if he passed it.

:lol :lol

Blablurn

Some Bayern News:

- Schalke gets 5m extra money for the competitions Neuer won this year.
- Ribery is getting a contract extension for 2 more years.
- The big party will take place next sunday in Munich city. Hopefully with a 3rd cup.
- Robben said he didnt know what minute it was when he scored. He also mentioned that a lot of career related stuff went through his mind at this point.

sohois

I honestly can't tell if their lyrics are self-awarely terrible, or if Paul Banks actually thinks they have some depth to them. Fun to belt out on the walk to and from work though :D

I can't think of a single song of theirs which makes any sense from a lyrical standpoint, I presume complete nonsense is just their standard way of doing things.

Hmm, maybe one or two tracks from Our Love to Admire make some sense, I'd have to check

Bumhead

Banned
I don't want Palace or Watford to go up.

Fucking hate Palace. Another club who are quite happy to take the easy route through administration as long and as many times as it takes for them to come out of the other side smelling of roses, which is exactly where they are now. A proven unsustainable football club that is happy to cheat its way out of trouble. Fuck them.

I have nothing against Watford, other than the fact this team isn't really Watford, is it. Their use of the loan system and the loop holes through it has been.. frustrating to watch.

But of the two, Watford any day of the week. Fuck Palace.

Monaco willing to pay 25 mil for Ivanovic? He's 29 years old and he got a premier ass... But I would take it.

I probably would too. We need to make changes in the defence, I find it difficult to pin point who I would get rid of. That money would probably make me think we should.

confuziz

Banned
VI ‏@VI_nl 2m

Zaakwaarnemer Cezary Kucharski heeft bevestigd dat BVB-spits Robert Lewandowski komend seizoen voor Bayern München zal uitkomen

Lewa to Bayern confirmed by his agent (for the upcoming season that is). Bayern getting pretty sad now. It's like Barca buying Ronaldo from Madrid.

Blablurn

VI ‏@VI_nl 2m

Zaakwaarnemer Cezary Kucharski heeft bevestigd dat BVB-spits Robert Lewandowski komend seizoen voor Bayern München zal uitkomen

Lewa to Bayern confirmed by his agent (for the upcoming season that is). Bayern getting pretty sad now. It's like Barca buying Ronaldo from Madrid.

nah, Bayern is getting pretty awesome now. It's good to bring new folks on the ship! Unlike 2002 we need to stay successfull.

Tc91

David Moyes keen to add to his options out wide.

Manchester United are preparing a bid for Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus. The final whistle is still echoing from last night’s Champions League final but the vultures are already circling over Dortmund’s impressive team.

Don't pick that team apart fuck sake. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom