• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Thats probably the level of my confidence in signing anyone that can actually help us next season

We'll console each other by making it to the Europa League final next season, after we crash out of the CL group. This would also mean a trophy for Arsenal, of course. Juventus, as you know ... well, you know. Finals, how do they work.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Europe top 50 compiled by Bloomberg based on a number of performance stats. There was scores and shit but I got rid for sake of easy reading. Can't be fucked to find the link.
THREE Juve players in the top 11!

And Iniesta is not even in the top 50? Best list in the world.

bjaelke

Danish Football News @DanishFooty
Eintracht Frankfurt confirms interest in Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendnter, Heribert Bruchhagen (Frankfurt Chairman) tells BT. #afc

A man must stop hating Iniesta. He is a legend.
NBsC3lE.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Shakira cheated on Pique. But is it really 'cheating' if you think about it?

And HEY Vidal is a cunt now?! Ribery fucking kicked him with his studs up! I don't know about Germany but that's a jail sentence in Italy.

@Milan GAF

Matri isn't THAT bad, but he is bad. 10-12m pls.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sorry confuziz but we're talking science here. Chiellini is the undisputed best in the world.

We'll console each other by making it to the Europa League final next season, after we crash out of the CL group. This would also mean a trophy for Arsenal, of course. Juventus, as you know ... well, you know. Finals, how do they work.
Surely we can't lose a final in our own stadium. ;)

Zabojnik

Surely we can't lose a final in our own stadium. ;)

I wouldn't bet on it.

It seems we beat Milan to Vasco Regini (Empoli). Looks like we'll buy him from Empoli (once they buy the second half from Samp) and then send him to Sassuolo, again with the co-ownership formula. You know what that means. DOMENICO BERARDI AM OURS. Dat Paratici. Or at least I hope that's what it means. We'll leave Berardi at Sassuolo for one more season anyway. Looking forward to seeing him in action in Serie A.

sohois

http://i.imgur.com/YurHBJH.jpg[IMG]

if we sign this bidone and sell el shaarawy, and i mysteriously stop posting, it's probably because i killed myself[/QUOTE]

[quote="Frank the Great, post: 63181636"] and i mysteriously stop posting, it's probably because i killed myself[/QUOTE]

[quote="Frank the Great, post: 63181636"] because i killed myself[/QUOTE]

[quote="Frank the Great, post: 63181636"]killed myself[/QUOTE]

[quote="Timurid, post: 63182121"]:lol if that happens I will laugh my ass off.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty harsh bro

Where does Demba Ba stand next season? Seems like the only thing he's been good at for Chelsea is volleys from balls clipped over the top, and I doubt that's something that Oscar, Hazard and Mata want to do game-in, game-out.

Amazon I think.

Think I might get one in the second wave of manafactures.

Amazon - £350, trusted
SimplyGames - £320, never used before, might have missed out on the offer and day one guarantee
Sainsburys - £350, trusted, preorders no longer available, 10% discount with potential to raise to 15% or 20%

No chance I'm paying to preorder it

Linius

Do you think he is currently good enough to play a reasonably large part in the Chelsea side, bearing in mind that centre midfield is where Chelsea are weakest.

I'm not so well informed on the players that Chelsea have and play for midfield but I don't think Van Ginkel is ready to lead a team to EPL glory. He's still young and his only experience is a midtable Eredivisie club and being trashed by Anzhi in Europe. He's very promising though, he needs to grow at a top club in our league or pick a lower tier club than Chelsea in one of the big leagues where he'll play every week.

qindarka

Banned
Where does Demba Ba stand next season? Seems like the only thing he's been good at for Chelsea is volleys from balls clipped over the top, and I doubt that's something that Oscar, Hazard and Mata want to do game-in, game-out.

He probably won't be playing a big part. He was mostly bought as a stop gap to tide us over until the end of the season and I'm afraid he has blown his chance. 2 league goals in 14 games isn't good enough and he isn't the sort of player with huge upside to be given too many chances.

Good, get this cunt out of the league. He's tried a leg-breaker every single time he's played us.

Snidey little cunt, he can take Debuchy with him. Although unlike his best mate, Cabaye has actually shown a degree of ability for Newcastle at some point, so I'm not sure Monaco would take both of them.

Cheers qin :)

I reckon he's worth keeping around until January at least, especially if you'll be relying on Lukaku and Torres. Unless you can cash in to fund an improvement

qindarka

Banned
I reckon he's worth keeping around until January at least, especially if you'll be relying on Lukaku and Torres. Unless you can cash in to fund an improvement

I think we will be getting another striker. I personally am confident of getting Cavani but it the move doesn't materialize, we will probably be getting someone like Gomez. We've stuck around with Torres long enough, don't see the club making the same mistake again. Lukaku probably isn't ready to be first choice just yet, he will be a good being our second choice.

Would rather stick around with Ba rather than Torres but it may not be possible for the latter to leave given his wages.

I think we will be getting another striker. I personally am confident of getting Cavani but it the move doesn't materialize, we will probably be getting someone like Gomez. We've stuck around with Torres long enough, don't see the club making the same mistake again. Lukaku probably isn't ready to be first choice just yet, he will be a good being our second choice.

Would rather stick around with Ba rather than Torres but it may not be possible for the latter to leave given his wages.

Forgot about Cavani tbh

Cavani
Lukaku
Torres/Ba

Looks good enough assuming you stick with playing one striker. If we sell Suarez, I'd honestly be disappointed if we don't go for Lukaku, even if you'd make us pay over the odds for him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vidal on his twitter regarding #10

“Juventini, I have never asked for the No 10 shirt. That shirt has an owner and his name is Alessandro!”

“My number is the 23. I hope to make history like Ale and, in the space of a few years, be respected as I respect him.”

Hopefully it isn't Alessandro Matri..

rodvik

Have I mentioned how disappointed I am in Suarez? He only just signed a new deal with Liverpool last summer I expected a little loyalty.

Also i do not want him to leave the premier league. Great player and very entertaining.

Lightning

Banned
Forgot about Cavani tbh

Cavani
Lukaku
Torres/Ba

Looks good enough assuming you stick with playing one striker. If we sell Suarez, I'd honestly be disappointed if we don't go for Lukaku, even if you'd make us pay over the odds for him.
Wouldn't Benteke be the better option for you's if Suarez leaves?

In terms of price and not giving money to a club we hope to be competing with in the next 3 or so years? Yes. In terms of value? Yes. In terms of being a better player? No.

Chelsea would want at least 32m for Lukaku I think considering how much they payed for him.

Where do you buy blonde brownies from?

Kicker:
Weltklasse
1. Bastian Schweinsteiger 28 FC Bayern (IK-1.)
2. Ilkay Gündogan 22 Borussia Dortmund (K-4.)

Internationale Klasse
3. Javi Martinez 24 FC Bayern (K-8.)
4. Sven Bender 23 Borussia Dortmund (–)

Im weiteren Kreis
5. Lars Bender 23 Bayer Leverkusen (K-7.)
6. Simon Rolfes 31 Bayer Leverkusen (K-11.)
7. Stefan Reinartz 24 Bayer Leverkusen (K-6.)
8. Daniel Baier 28 FC Augsburg (B)
9. Christian Gentner 27 VfB Stuttgart (B)
10. Sebastian Rode 22 Eintracht Frankfurt (IK-2.)
11. Jermaine Jones 31 Schalke 04 (K-12.)
12. Sergio da Silva Pinto 32 Hannover 96 (–)

Blickfeld
Arthur Boka 30 VfB Stuttgart (–)
Cedrick Makiadi 29 SC Freiburg (K-13.)
Jan Polak 32 VfL Wolfsburg (B)
Julian Schuster 27 SC Freiburg (K-16.)
Pirmin Schwegler 26 Eintracht Frankfurt (IK-3.)
Tobias Weis 27 1899 Hoffenheim (–)
Weltklasse
–

Internationale Klasse
1. Mario Götze 21 Borussia Dortmund WK-1.

Im weiteren Kreis
2. Diego 28 VfL Wolfsburg K-5.
3. Kevin de Bruyne 21 Werder Bremen K-7.

Blickfeld
Gonzalo Castro 25 Bayer Leverkusen IK-5. (A. off.)
Aaron Hunt 26 Werder Bremen K-4.
Dong-Won Ji 22 FC Augsburg -
Ja-Cheol Koo 24 FC Augsburg -
Alexander Meier 30 Eintracht Frankfurt IK-3.
Sejad Salihovic 28 1899 Hoffenheim -
Rafael van der Vaart 30 Hamburger SV B

Gündogod :)

sohois

Neither Benteke nor Lukaku would be particularly good options as a Suarez replacement as Liverpool play with just one striker. They'd be much better off going for a top class winger to replace him - indeed I wouldn't mind if Di Maria was included in any Suarez deal. (though the player himself would perhaps have some objections)

Neither Benteke nor Lukaku would be particularly good options as a Suarez replacement as Liverpool play with just one striker. They'd be much better off going for a top class winger to replace him - indeed I wouldn't mind if Di Maria was included in any Suarez deal. (though the player himself would perhaps have some objections)

I think either of them would fit in brilliantly to our system, and both have the attributes to play alone. From what I saw of the way West Brom played last season, it wasn't much of a partnership between Lukaku and Long/whoever. And most of Benteke's teamplay came with Weimann rather than Agbonlahor I think.

rodvik

In terms of price and not giving money to a club we hope to be competing with in the next 3 or so years? Yes. In terms of value? Yes. In terms of being a better player? No.

Chelsea would want at least 32m for Lukaku I think considering how much they payed for him.

Where do you buy blonde brownies from?

Why would Rodgers want either? They both seem very unRodgers like players. Benteke in particular is primarily an aerial outlet man during open play. Rodgers is never going to play that way is he?

Exactly.

Salazar

What happened.. did he wink in the direction of a reporter this time?

Spain is all about body language bro

whereas Strootman's gestures don't mean shit. He's just on some weird Dutchy autopilot

I can smell the deal, Unitedbros. We are close. Hold on, Clegg. Hold on.

aoa11-28uzx5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom