• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Where is Mata?

Lol

Yeah I'd have Mata in there over Hazard, but Hazard did have a pretty fantastic debut season.

Why Laudrup? Swansea winning the COCUP is pretty impressive, but I don't think he's manager of the year material by any stretch. For all the plaudits Swansea got, they had fewer points, more goals conceded and fewer goals scored under Laudrup than they had under Rodgers... Otherwise good team. Except Distin. Should be Nastasic.

I would definitely have Fergie and Clarke ahead of him, but I thought they looked a better team than Rodgers' Swansea up until February. There has to be questions asked about their mentality shift after that but they won a cup and they looked a top top team until then. But I'd dave Ferguson even with bias aside, and I suspect most people would too.

Nastasic, Ferdinand, Jagielka were all better than Distin.

Scum

joeys-premier-league-best-starting-XI.jpg

As much as I love Lambert, anyone other than Fergie, Clarke or Laudrup is wrong choice for manager of the year. And Distin was good, but there was a fair few better centre backs in the league, including Jagielka.

You know, that's actually a good team selection.

GorillaJu

That no one seems even slightly perturbed at the lack of Man City players in a team of the year is pretty telling of their absolutely shit year in the PL and CL. Nastasic I think deserves to make it into a 12-13 XI, but it could go without him as well.

I guess Zaba could replace Ivan, but Ivan was great this year.

City players that had a good year:
Zabaleta Nastasic

City players that had an okay year:
Hart Clichy Yaya Toure Nasri (because of his end of season flourish) Tevez Milner Garcia

City players that had a shit year:
Kompany Sinclair Silva Barry Kolorov Dzeko Aguero Rodwell

Pretty sad.

Scum

That no one seems even slightly perturbed at the lack of Man City players in a team of the year is pretty telling of their absolutely shit year in the PL and CL. Nastasic I think deserves to make it into a 12-13 XI, but it could go without him as well.

I guess Zaba could replace Ivan, but Ivan was great this year.

City players that had a good year:
Zabaleta Nastasic

City players that had an okay year:
Hart Clichy Yaya Toure Nasri (because of his end of season flourish) Tevez Milner Garcia

City players that had a shit year:
Kompany Sinclair Silva Barry Kolorov Dzeko Aguero Rodwell

Pretty sad.

It's what you get when you have Mancini in charge.

Meier

I think Kompany had an okay to good year that seemed worse because it wasn't nearly as good as last year. He had that recurring calf problem essentially all year too. After the start of the season which was poor (I will always mourn the Madrid duck), I thought he was much better on the whole.

My three top players for City this season were Carlitos, Zaba and Nastasic.

Messi

Atletico Madrid revealed their new kits, I love the home (granted it would be hard to top last years amazing kit) and the away is dodgy after last years great kit.

Atletico-Madrid-13-14-nike-home-away-football-shirt-h.jpg

Atletico-Madrid-13-14-nike-home-away-football-shirt-i.jpg

confuziz

Banned
Cristiano Ronaldo ‏@Cristiano 3m

All the news about my renewal with Real Madrid are false.

Touchy, aren't we?

Bacuna to Aston Villa is done btw.

Meier

odd: Are you familiar with Daihatsu cars? I'd honestly never even heard of them until the other day when they were announced as City's official car in Indonesia. Totally weird but hey, it's money! I guess they're Japan's oldest car manufacturer actually.

odd: Are you familiar with Daihatsu cars? I'd honestly never even heard of them until the other day when they were announced as City's official car in Indonesia. Totally weird but hey, it's money! I guess they're Japan's oldest car manufacturer actually.
We used to have a Daihatsu.

It was really bad lol

You can see some driving around here. I'm not surprised you don't have them in the US. The average American won't be able to fit in one.

Messi

If you can get that kit without the sponsor it would be amazing.

I doubt it, this seasons one had no sponsor as Atleti had not gotten a replacement sponsor yet and they picked one up mid season. Only the Atleti store online sold the one with a sponsor.

Wilbur

Banned
Don't want Ronaldo. Money and wages would be absurd. It's a muppet signing blinded by love and admiration instead of actual sense.

Get me Thiago and one of Strootman/Fellaini, then let my turkey senses rest until the Community Shield.

Daihatsu was my first car in GT3 lolz

Salvadora

Don't want Ronaldo. Money and wages would be absurd. It's a muppet signing blinded by love and admiration instead of actual sense.

Get me Thiago and one of Strootman/Fellaini, then let my turkey senses rest until the Community Shield.

You didn't want RVP either, to be fair.

Ronaldo is one of a kind.

Messi

Get me some generic mid fielder and one of Strootman/Fellaini, then let my turkey senses rest until the Community Shield.

I agree with Wilbur as usual.

I think your reaction will be different if he does sign.

Lol shut the fuck up don't want Ronaldo

Don't be a Wilbur

Hixx

Oh Wilbur changed his name

bp5OAjz.gif

Last of Us is great it's giving me a bigger boner than these Rosie Jones pictures I love it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom