• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
Villa complete signing of Dutch midfielder Bacuna

0,,10265~12007222,00.jpg

Paul Lambert believes that Leandro Bacuna's energy and versatility will be "a real asset" next season as the Dutch Under-21 international completed a move from FC Groningen.

The 21-year-old wide midfield player put pen to paper on a three-year deal to 2016 and manager Lambert insists he will fit well into his young, emerging side.

"Leandro's energy and versatility will be really good for us," said Lambert.

"He's a good player, he has bags of energy and he will make an impact.

"He's another player we believe will do well for us. He has played in big games and he has lots of experience for a player so young."

Bacuna is an attacking midfield player from Groningen. He made his debut for his hometown team FC Groningen in August 2009, coming on as a substitute against PSV Eindhoven. He has played 126 times for the Euroborg-based club in all competitions, scoring 17 times.

In the 2012/13 season he started 30 times and came on for seven more appearances for Groningen and scored five goals. In 2011/12 he played 33 times with 28 starts and scored seven goals.

He has also played for Holland's prestigious under-21 team 10 times, scoring once against Bulgaria in Maastricht in June 2012.

"It feels great. It's a new beginning for me and I'm looking forward to being part of this young, hungry team we have at Villa," Bacuna said.

VQLGJOL.gif

Salvadora

Couldn't possibly disagree more. Parks is still absolutely top tier television.

Best comedies on TV off the top of my head (not necessarily in this order): Parks, Bob's Burgers, Veep, Always Sunny, Archer

U wot m8? P&R is one of those exceptional comedies that has been consistent in quality ever since the second season. It even gets better while the seasons pass. I love that show.

m8 3 is the best season.

3 > 2 > 4 >>>>>1
The two new guys are nails on a chalkboard bad.
I heard the opposite.
Love Andy, April and Ron.
Yeah they are real standouts.

I didn't go into it expecting to like it as much as I did.

Linius

I was wondering where the hell were you.

My privacy, it's gone.

Haha, I though let's roam this village. Oh and you should really do the Isabelle chores. She gave me foreign fruit just now and I heard she gives you a watering can and fishing rod/bugs net as well if you keep coming back to her.

Ben and that fitness crazed guy.

Makes me angry even thinking about them.

Daaaaaaaammnnm, P&R Gaf tell this guy how wrong he is.

Rio Ferdinand
@Cristiano go get some rest....I'm here bro if u need me!!

It's happening
Miggy D says we will bid £75m.

I went to an event the other night with guys from this silly Adult Swim parody show called NTSF:SD:SUV:: and one of the characters in it is Randy's DJ. When he answered a question in a certain way it just totally clicked who he was.

I could listen to Intimate Moments For A Sensual Evening every day and be happy.

"Yo, Shut the fuck up! Homie's over here tryina tell some jokes!"

:lol :lol

Just the mention of random lines from Intimate Moments makes me laugh. Gonna rewatch that tonight :D

Razor554

FC Barcelona ‏@FCBarcelona 4m

"I would like it if @Thi_Alcantara91 had the patience that other players have had," says Rosell. #FCBLive

Yeah. In his first two seasons with the first team, Thiago played 81 Barcelona games. Xavi played 58 in his first two seasons, Iniesta 26. Plus Xavi and Iniesta didn't have to fight for playing time against the best midfielders in the world back then.

I wish Thiago have some patience as Rosell said, as he will succeed here. And i think he knows this and will stay in Barça.
But Barça fans shouldn't cry after him if he goes, since we have many quality midfielders coming from La Masia(Sergi Robero will be promoted this summer and Sergi Samper is next in line).

GQman2121

Banned
Spurs and Juve could do a lot worse than Demba Ba for the price he could go for. They should seriously consider him.

I also think Torres will have to sob on the bench if he doesn't take less money and move on. Jose is going to sign another forward and nothing is stopping the Lukaku train from leaving the station this season.

Linius

Lol, two people on Reddit have been posting a pic of them selves at work with Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) now. I need to find a job in Leeds :p

L1NETT

Capital One First round draw on Monday.

We aren't seeded! Cheers Capital One.

Can't wait for Donny away! (please be Leeds, would be so nice to beat the scum)

Yeah. In his first two seasons with the first team, Thiago played 81 Barcelona games. Xavi played 58 in his first two seasons, Iniesta 26. Plus Xavi and Iniesta didn't have to fight for playing time against the best midfielders in the world back then.

I wish Thiago have some patience as Rosell said, as he will succeed here. And i think he knows this and will stay in Barça.
But Barça fans shouldn't cry after him if he goes, since we have many quality midfielders coming from La Masia(Sergi Robero will be promoted this summer and Sergi Samper is next in line).

On my list.

rodvik

Okore vows to make big impact after completing Villa move

AWWWWWWW YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Fuck yess!

20 year old.

LOL okay.

Hater.

Bunch of haters! Where's AA and Rodvik when I need them.

I am shocked and delighted we are getting our business done early this window. Its like we have a scouting network..with passports. Not sure where they came from :)

Okore is a good signing for Villa, we wanted him in January. I like Lambert but as a neutral didn't really like how he did things last seasom. Hopefully now with this signing and Bacuna his vision for the team will mean they will be better next season.

Brummie Dortmund. Believe.

That is not a pretty kit.

You havent seen the away kit yet....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom