• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really?

Weren't both Rafa and Woodenlung praising his defensive contribution from set plays? That sounds like a decent thing to have, even if you'd rather have a 25 goal a season striker.

If he didn't give the ball away with his first touch so often or put the ball into the back of the net we might concede less corners and therefore he wouldn't need to defend them.

I don't like to criticise him, to be honest but the club left us with him and Sturridge, sturridge is injured and it's just Torres who has looked fairly abject. Not having a striker who is in any form has affected us this season and could ultimately cost us.

PJX

He's not even tried to get himself into a posiion to provide something. Get rid.

I really don't know why Rodgers let someone like Coates rot on the bench whole Downing get games.

I think he could have played Coates instead of Carragher and put Assaidi in place of Downing. But that's just my opinion.

To be fair, he was played out of his favoured left back position.

I see what you did there.

Arnie

50% the fuck

If you don't get one then I'm putting you on ignore and asking if you can be banned
Think it's going to happen. Fancy a late one with Mourinho on ITV4 after Spurs.
If he didn't give the ball away with his first touch so often or put the ball into the back of the net we might concede less corners and therefore he wouldn't need to defend them.

I don't like to criticise him, to be honest but the club left us with him and Sturridge, sturridge is injured and it's just Torres who has looked fairly abject. Not having a striker who is in any form has affected us this season and could ultimately cost us.
Fair enough.

He has been pretty abject from what I've seen this season, I just love a good argument. Suppose it's hard for me to criticise when I've got the opposite in Suarez every week, who runs, chases, and works for every ball.
:O

Well dayum. I can't have pizza and then go play football :(
You can, but you'll be the ball.
Where my damn Dominos?!

/Kendrick Lamar

Get one, sweet deal :D
I've been reliably informed by my Christian friend (they can't lie) that it's actually global Dominos day. Get in there lad.

(I can't account for him being genuinely and honestly wrong).

WE'RE THROUGH

CHELSEA IN THE SEMIS HERE WE COME

ShogunX

Anyway than fuck we are through and somehow managed to win the group. Look forward to seeing who we get in the next round and maybe now we can stop messing about with these second string teams and actually try and win it.

It's national Dominos day and it's 50% off everything, my housemates munching one next to me now. So tempted to buy one.
i50fnnrZ2M9YG.png

Arnie

Yeah, I can't afford to be the ball tonight. It's 5 a side, so I have to be a bit more mobile than 6 a side.

So do I play the Assassin role, or shall I be a bit more Sergio Buscuits?! :p

I play the Suarez at 5s. I'm a tricky little cunt with a low centre of gravity and a stiff shoulder.

LegoArmo

Rodgers played the group stage perfectly. Mix of squad players, youth, and the first 11 experienced players when needed.

Top of the group, minimal effort, job done.

Clean sheet, Skrtel MotM imo

Need to create more half chances, and need to finish our good chances

Team looks a bit of a mish-mash at times between players who are comfortable playing the ball quickly, safely and efficiently, players who can't, players who don't want to and Downing, who does so little on the ball that its impossible to tell what his attributes and weaknesses are supposed to be.

Kenka

Rodgers played the group stage perfectly. Mix of squad players, youth, and the first 11 experienced players when needed.

Top of the group, minimal effort, job done.
A few centimetres more on target in the last seconds of the game, and you would have been third. Liverpool honestly got lucky. But if they gain their composure during the season, the could go farther in the EL.

Arnie

Joe Allen had me at half mast many times during that game. The lad is immense. What did you both make of him?

It's only a matter of time before I buy a Joe Allen bedspread. I'm in love. Was tidy throughout, defensive positioning was really good (at one point he just destroyed a one two attempt) and looks great going forward.

I thought he was class against Southampton, made a lovely flick over the defence to get Suarez in the box.

Hope Spurs go out so we dont have to listen to this boring tedious Spurs go marching in chant.
Same.

boooorrrriiiiiinnnnggggg

Messi

I've just bought Rihanna and Marina and the Diamonds this year.

How is the new Rihanna album?

I'm telling I feel a good chunk of you guys would like Big Boi's album.

Tracklist:
1. Ascending
2. The Thickets feat. Sleepy Brown
3. Apple Of My Eye
4. Objectum Sexuality feat. Phantogram
5. In The A feat. T.I. & Ludacris
6. She Hates Me feat. KiD CuDi
7. CPU feat. Phantogram
8. Thom Pettie feat. Little Dragon & Killer Mike
9. Mama Told Me feat. Kelly Rowland
10. Lines feat. A$AP Rocky & Phantogram
11. Shoes For Running feat. B.o.B. & Wavves
12. Raspberries feat. Mouche & Scar
13. Tremendous Damage feat. Bosko
14. Descending feat. Little Dragon

Deluxe
15. Higher Res feat. Jai Paul & Little Dragon
16. Gossip feat. UGK & Big K.R.I.T.
17. She Said OK Big Boi & Theophilus London feat. Tre Luce

Telling you its a crazy like Indie rock/pop album with an amazing rapper over the music.

Pfft, no Andre 3000. I will check it out after work. Thanks duder

Star Trek trailer looks great. Loved the 2009 one. Just hope there is a 2D screening at my local cinema (not guaranteed).

Same for me, loved that trailer and can't wait

It's only a matter of time before I buy a Joe Allen bedspread. I'm in love. Was tidy throughout, defensive positioning was really good (at one point he just destroyed a one two attempt) and looks great going forward.

I thought he was class against Southampton, made a lovely flick over the defence to get Suarez in the box.

Same.

boooorrrriiiiiinnnnggggg

*sung in a mildly bored/fed up manner*

LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVEEERRPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVEEERRPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

So far:

1.: Liverpool, Plzen, Fener, Bordeaux, Bucharest, Dnipro

2.: Anzhi, Atletico, Gladbach, Newcastle, Stuttgart, Napoli

CL 3rds.: Kiev, Olympiakos, Zenit, Ajax, Chelsea, BATE, Benfica, Cluj

Pool vs. Gladbach could be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom