• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Linius

Using play.com, combined with their points scheme and TopCashback (don't judge me) I got a supposedly very good TV for £260. Might be worth sacrificing buying games on release, 1080p is glorious when the game has been designed to use it from the ground up. And that was on a TV that isn't even full HD :p

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Ele...urce=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

Sainsbury's have fuck all at the moment for good TV deals :(

What is that and why can't we judge you? It sounds interesting :p

What is that and why can't we judge you? It sounds interesting :p

This weird site where you become a member and get a percentage of money put in your account when you buy from certain retailers. Not really sure how it works, seems above board though :p

So say they're running an offer of 3% from play.com, and I buy something for £100, £3 is put into the Topcashback account, to be either transferred to a bank account or redeemed with gift codes and vouchers

Still a bit wary of giving them my bank details though :p

FootballFan

BXVKe2zCAAAHx1c.jpg

That was awesome, he took out 2 cunts with that leap.

Cheap skate. Buy a TV before you buy a next gen console :O

Using play.com, combined with their points scheme and TopCashback (don't judge me) I got a supposedly very good TV for £260. Might be worth sacrificing buying games on release, 1080p is glorious when the game has been designed to use it from the ground up. And that was on a TV that isn't even full HD :p

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Ele...urce=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

Sainsbury's have fuck all at the moment for good TV deals :(

:( is there a big difference between 1080i and p?

Tc91

I really don't think Ancelotti and Madrid understand how we got 25 goals out of him. They are using him in the wrong way and his team-mates never give him the ball. Yesterday he spent most of his time making short diagonal runs inside the area behind the back 4, that is not what he does, he is not Chicharito.

Looking at the official stats, he had 6 touches in 25 minutes, he can't be on the periphery of the game like that. Yes he played on the right for us at times but he started as a support striker, down the middle, drifting out only when there was space. Against decent defenses he isn't going to cause trouble in that position, he needs to be central and within shooting range as much as possible.

6 touches in 25 minutes.. wow.

I didn't watch the game as I was watching United but was that a case of him still being timid and not asking for the ball or did he simply do nothing?

Also R.I.P GAFreth Bale. :(

Finally going there tomorrow :D

Hey Linius.

http://kotaku.com/dear-pokemon-players-your-animal-crossing-town-misses-1450833775?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
6 touches in 25 minutes.. wow.

I didn't watch the game as I was watching United but was that a case of him still being timid and not asking for the ball or did he simply do nothing?

A bit of both. He didn't really show for the ball very much and he barely said a word either. Asking Ronaldo to give you the ball is a lot more intimidating than asking Adebayor, I guess. I still think he's overwhelmed by it all, this time last season he was playing against Maribor with Clint Dempsey on his left.

Bale has an ego but he's not enough of a dick, if he wants to make it at a cuntish club like Madrid he has to demand the ball, he has to impose himself on the dressing room. Even Modric ignored him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I was really impressed with how strong his tackling was yeserday. Completely fairly, he won the ball a few times by just going into challenges with more commitment than his counterpart

He's an outstanding defender. He can score, he can cross, he can do everything.

except stay fit for more than 5 games.

We believed in Arsenal. But I guess that's the wrong thing to do :(

When did BM fans become so arrogant?

I will always stand by the fact that the Italian and English league is a lot harder than the German league. Your reserves would still beat every other team other than Dortmund and maybe Levurkusen.

Games in England are much more intense and physical and take a lot more out of teams, and they also have to be switched on for 90 minutes. When the Champions League games come round, German and Spanish teams always look a lot fresher.

You have a 37" in your room? How far away do you sit from it?
Well, my room is very small, it literally looks like the cupboard under the stairs in Harry Potter :lol. I would say that I sit around 5 and a half feet from it, far too close, but what can I do, if I pushed the tv back any further, it would end up in the next house :p :lol

Thanks for the well wishes duders. I'm suffering from sharp chest pains when swallowing and then a fever. Going to start me on some steroids and hopefully be out for the Chelsea/City game.

Linius

Well, my room is very small, it literally looks like the cupboard under the stairs in Harry Potter :lol. I would say that I sit around 5 and a half feet from it, far too close, but what can I do, if I pushed the tv back any further, it would end up in the next house :p :lol

Buy a 32" then, that's well enough if you're in a small room.

I love my 32" Philips. Can't wait to see how PS4 games will look on it next year.

I'd say 6ft from a 37" is enough for most to tell the difference. Might be worth going to a Currys and asking them to switch the display between 1080p and 1080i on one of the sets showing a Bluray

Not sure if there are any bargains to be had with 37" TVs

I'd say 6ft from a 37" is enough for most to tell the difference. Might be worth going to a Currys and asking them to switch the display between 1080p and 1080i on one of the sets showing a Bluray

Not sure if there are any bargains to be had with 37" TVs

Well, we're thinking of changing the rooms around a bit, hopefully i get the bigger room :p

Linius

Don't you like my big eyes and how I jump around all the time acting like a pixie?

Fuck her and her lenseless glasses

Someone with an obsession for Olivia Wilde has no right to speak these words about Zooey :p

Zooey is cute and fun but not such a good actress. New Girl is mainly good because of the guys and other characters.

Messi

New Girl is watchable only because of this woman:

http://i2.listal.com/image/3671422/600full-hannah-simone.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6xmaoap3d1rvnk0ho1_500.gif

Someone with an obsession for Olivia Wilde has no right to speak these words about Zooey :p

Zooey is cute and fun but not such a good actress. New Girl is mainly good because of the guys and other characters.

I resent the word obsession. Lol

Let's be honest though, nick is the funniest guy on that show.

Edit: that was a scan yo

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Franco Baresi on his twitter:

The greatest player should behave differently @Cristiano

BXVamvzCEAAi48t.jpg:large

Greatest my fucking ass, he's not even close to Messi. Unless he meant Chiellini? Then in that case I'm inclined to agree.

DOUBLE POST YES

Messi

Franco Baresi on his twitter:

Greatest my fucking ass, he's not even close to Messi. Unless he meant Chiellini? Then in that case I'm inclined to agree.

DOUBLE POST YES

Last night DeGod claimed Ronaldo didn't dive at Man United and he started doing it at Madrid.

Wut

It's the other way around. He has gotten progressively better about not diving. This is the first time in a while I've seen him dive.

Tc91

Last night DeGod claimed Ronaldo didn't dive at Man United and he started doing it at Madrid.

Wut

It's the other way around. He has gotten progressively better about not diving. This is the first time in a while I've seen him dive.

:looooool that was one of the worst things about him when he first came to us.

Once he cut that shit out we all know what he was like. Pretty sad to see him rolling around on the floor like that. Apparently he took a look at the ref or something? Did he do a biscuits?

Top Bottom