• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

arkon

Is it true that Wigan play Powell as a ST? I thought he was a MC?

Crewe sort of did the same, because all their alternatives were injured or shit. Guess it's the same with Wigan. I think people see him moving into CM eventually.

Fergie

Banned
Finally watched that No to Racism ad. Messi's face. lol

GOAT.
KhIK0KG.jpg

Kiraly

Fuck the Dutch performance in Europe. They should be ashamed of themselves it could have come this far.

Dutch national team will be absolute shit by 2016.

confuziz

Banned
Fuck the Dutch performance in Europe. They should be ashamed of themselves it could have come this far.

Dutch national team will be absolute shit by 2016.

It doesn't work that way bud. The good players leave as soon as they turn 19. That doesn't mean shit for our NT.

And the reason we can't compete anymore is because we don't have any oil companies supporting our clubs. We like to do it the fair way.

Clegg

End of my first FM 14 season.

Liverpool finish 11th. Rodgers is sacked.

Steve Bruce 4-5 favourite to be new manager.

It doesn't work that way bud. The good players leave as soon as they turn 19. That doesn't mean shit for our NT.

And the reason we can't compete anymore is because we don't have any oil companies supporting our clubs. We like to do it the fair way.

The moral champions.

Linius

And let's be honest, Ajax CL performance over the years is far from shit. We never finished last in our group and we gave some strong teams (except for Barca and Madrid) a good game. If Dutch clubs (us included) would care more about the EL things would have been better. How Twente and PSV didn't make it to the knock out stages last year is a mystery to me.

Tc91

You can see Illarra tripping up behind Vidal because he kicked him so hard.

Stupid refs don't see anything these days, and there are like 6 of them on the field.

Them cunts who stand behind the corner line actually do FUCK ALL. It pisses me off seeing a penalty (like that) not given because that shitty little "linesman" can't put up his shitty little stick.

Fuck Uefa.

Lightning

Banned

Yep, those oil companies owning Bayern, Dortmund and Leverkusen have sure changed things in Germany..

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LOOOOOOL fucking brilliant gif!

You can see Illarra tripping up behind Vidal because he kicked him so hard.

Stupid refs don't see anything these days, and there are like 6 of them on the field.
I can't believe they paid 70 million for him.

Lol, Panty must be headbutting his wall and yelling profanities in whatsapp right now

cremino

Yep, those oil companies owning Bayern, Dortmund and Leverkusen have sure changed things in Germany..

Leverkusen is owned by Bayer ( a huge chemical company famous for the aspirin) and that's why the club is called Bayer Leverkusen and don't forget Adidas and Audi have shares in Bayern

Elchele

Are you serious? oh my..

Yes, I get Bundesliga makes much more for all the teams because of TV deals. But in the fans part, I'm pretty sure Leverkusen has much less fans than Ajax or PSV.

Ajax and PSV being shit in Europe doesn't mean they need more money, but they do need better coaching.

Walshy

I see Piara Power is chatting about racism again due to what happened to Toure (as he should). I think he was the only one vocal about Hodgson's Townsend remark as well.

Absolute bellend he is.

Linius

80 million population vs 16. do the math. at least 4 times the income (TV/fans/sponsors).

Yup, there's no point in comparing our competition with the Bundesliga. We're talking way different numbers. Not to forget that even second division clubs have bigger stadium than some of our Eredivisie clubs.

confuziz

Banned
Yes, I get Bundesliga makes much more for all the teams because of TV deals. But in the fans part, I'm pretty sure Leverkusen has much less fans than Ajax or PSV.

Ajax and PSV being shit in Europe doesn't mean they need more money, but they do need better coaching.

Ever thought about some people living in Berlin, Munster, Oberhausen or whatever that are supporting Leverkussen? I'm an economics teacher, I know how these things work.

FootballFan

Oh shit.

Lightning

Banned
80 million population vs 16. do the math. at least 4 times the income (TV/fans/sponsors).
That is not our biggest problem though. It has an effect, yes, but coaching, training and development are below where we need to be. Germany for example have players like Draxler who are worth a fortune where no Dutch club does so even when we lose our best talent we lose it for piss poor money so the cycle doesn't change.

Even a billion dollar owner won't change this on a meaningful scale. All that will do is see in influx of oversees players come in for expensive prices and improve that team in Europe, not the league overall.

PSG's emergence has done fuck all for French football or the french league but a lot for PSG as a club.

Elchele

Ever thought about some people living in Berlin, Munster, Oberhausen or whatever that are supporting Leverkussen? I'm an economics teacher, I know how these things work.

I'm not trying to count fan per fan, or anything, I just don't believe Ajax or PSV are doing poorly because of lack of money. You have talented players, maybe the coaching part is lacking. Look how much Leverkusen and Dortmund changed when they got a good coach to potentiate their players.

Also, it looks like Ajax is not using the money they get from selling their players. Are you guys in huge debt or something? In transfermarkt it shows like getting around 20M in selling players and using just like 5M in that transfer window.

And I'm not from Germany but I doubt Leverkusen has too many fans over the country :p

Haha, you silly little troll.

What?

Top Bottom