• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

confuziz

Banned
Also, it looks like Ajax is not using the money they get from selling their players. Are you guys in huge debt or something? In transfermarkt it shows like getting around 20M in selling players and using just like 5M in that transfer window.

Our football clubs are trying to make money, like Arsenal =P

Lightning

Banned
Eh, but it does. Better results in europe = more CL places = more money = breaking the circle.
Oh yeah, Lyon didn't qualify, Marsielle are shit and probably going to finish the group with 0 points. PSG would need to win the CL to accommodate the shit around them.

Lucky Monaco may be able to help them out in future. Point is, you need more than 1.

confuziz

Banned
Oh yeah, Lyon didn't qualify, Marsielle are shit and probably going to finish the group with 0 points. PSG would need to win the CL to accommodate the shit around them.

Lucky Monaco may be able to help them out in future. Point is, you need more than 1.

Well sure, but if Lyon was still competing on a high level the future would have looked a lot brighter for France!

Walshy

PSG's emergence has done fuck all for French football or the french league but a lot for PSG as a club.
Yeah it has.

PSG (and Monaco in future) doing well will break up the money with more CL places.

Monaco are good competition. Lyon and Marseille are really good teams as well. The quality of the league will improve over time for sure.

Linius

If you really think De Boer is a bad coach there's no point in talking.

It's quite clear you know fuck all about Ajax if you think that coaching is our problem. Have you ever noticed how every time when we have an exceptional player the next season they're gone? Probably not if you mean the things you're saying. Ajax would have had a good shot at winning the CL in the last ten years if we had the power to keep a squad together but the harsh reality is that our players spread out over Europe.

confuziz

Banned

It's quite clear you know fuck all about Ajax if you think that coaching is our problem. Have you ever noticed how every time when we have an exceptional player the next season they're gone? Probably not if you mean the things you're saying. Ajax would have had a good shot at winning the CL in the last ten years if we had the power to keep a squad together but the harsh reality is that our players spread out over Europe.

Let him talk, he doesn't know how things work in the real world.

Splatt

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

edit:

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Swansea lol

This is why you just run out the clock. At 1-0 with a minute go it's just not worth stretching it.

Salvadora

Ozil was at Brent Cross today, so they did this:
BXXOckGIYAAs2qq.jpg:large

:looooooool

Elchele

Yep, I know little or nothing about Ajax. I don't know if De Boer is good or not, but you guys lost against Celtic. That is telling.

Of course I know Ajax and PSV are always selling their top talent. Leverkusen has the same problem, on a lesser scale... they just recently started to keep players instead of selling them (like 1-2 years ago). They kept Schürrle for one extra season in spite of all the transfer, to remain competitive (same with Bender), but when they sold him they signed a replacement for less money. That's the key part. They sell their players eventually but they sign replacements with the money.

I'm pretty sure Bayer doesn't give the club much money anymore, the club has a great management and they're able to fund themselves nowdays (if I'm not mistaken).

Wolfsburg has 120,000 population (the club is owned by Volkswagen tough) and Sinsheim has 35000 (Hoffenheim is owned by a billionaire)

That's why I didn't put those two as examples. Wolfsburg are in part shit because they have infinite moneys so they think they can fix being shit by throwing money at it.

Linius

Well night night Footey Gaf. Elsk, if there's more you want to share with us then I'll read it tomorrow. Please teach us to be as good as the Germans.

30m (excluding bonuses and the new sponsor) per season. Is that even good? I don't know. -_-

The white stripes are perfect for us though :p

I don't fancy Adidas, but hey, change is gewd innit!

"Surely adidas will pay us more than Juve, after 15 years and two CLs, two scudetti and a bunch of other troph-"

Milan earns €18m per season. :lol adidas
ifuX04oK6KpRA.gif

confuziz

Banned
I'm playing Giana Sisters : Twisted Dreams. Is it supposed to go below 20 fps when facing water? I got a pretty good rig so I think the devs were just being lazy again.

Yen

Tito was shit
I'm reminded of the story of when Stalin sent hitmen to Yugoslavia to kill Tito. Tito caught four of them and sent a letter to Stalin saying, "I have caught four hitmen. Please stop. If not, I will send one to Moscow, and I won't have to send another."
Wait what?

Top Bottom