• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Meteorain

My sister fucked up though! Two girls sitting next to me were doing it for the third time.

I wonder if it's the same system abroad.

25 reaction questions where you need to judge the pictured situation and react by either braking, letting go of the gas pedal or doing nothing in 8 seconds. You can are allowed to make 12 mistakes.

And 30 questions about the general rules and another 10 insight questions. Only five mistakes are allowed.

Passed with 17/25 and 36/40.

In the UK, you just click on the screen as a car is driving along. You click when you perceive a potential hazard and shit you need to look out for.

Also the multiple choice theory part is before that ofc.

So excite.

vHrJSKW.png

Killzone is hollow.

No sense of accomplishment about that game.

I'm not surprised conuziz likes it, he only believes what he sees and it does look fantastic.

I love the Arkham games, that said I went into the worst story twists thread and so many people where quoting the Arkham Origins spoilers, knowing what someone told me about how bad the twist is I just had to check it.

It's pretty horrible, silly and annoying. Actually kinda made me not want to buy the game.

Hopefully it shows up on PS Plus at some point.

The spoiler is:

Black Mask is the Joker, and that's only 4 hours into the game.

Killzone 2 was a great game, much better than any COD game I have ever played.

SF will be the best FPS at launch, but people just mindlessly keep playing COD and BF because the marketing dollars tell them to.

Sony really should go batshit insane with the marketing on SF.

Also, sweet deal for Juve. I did not really expect an Italian club to get that type of money for shirt sponsorship.

Plasma

Banned
I really hope Tony Pulis doesn't go to Crystal Palace. They have no hope on attack so all Pulis is going to do is drill them in defence and they will kick the shit out of teams because it's all that cunt knows how to do.

I don't think it would make much sense to appoint Pulis, the squad that Holloway has put together don't look like they're capable of playing in Pulis' rigid style of play.

I love the Arkham games, that said I went into the worst story twists thread and so many people where quoting the Arkham Origins spoilers, knowing what someone told me about how bad the twist is I just had to check it.

It's pretty horrible, silly and annoying. Actually kinda made me not want to buy the game.

Hopefully it shows up on PS Plus at some point.

The spoiler is:

Black Mask is the Joker, and that's only 4 hours into the game.

If you like the series then just buy it. It is annoying that you found out about that spoiler, but it should not ruin your enjoyment too much. Plus as it was
only four hours in
there will be a lot left for you to enjoy after that

LTWheels

For me getting KZ is sort of buying a game for the sake of having to something to play on the ps4. Plus it looks like a graphical showcase.

I'm more excited to see how well remote play works. Although apparently, if you connect the vita directly to the ps4 (like a wii u controller) the range is only 10 metres without taking into account walls. I'm especially curious to see how they account for the vita's lack of shoulder buttons or click-able sticks. That could make or break a lot of games playability using remote play.

I hope there is not too much of a drop off in performance when using your local household network to connect.

If you like the series then just buy it. It is annoying that you found out about that spoiler, but it should not ruin your enjoyment too much. Plus as it was
only four hours in
there will be a lot left for you to enjoy after that

Ever since PS Plus went crazy with their offerings I've decided to only buy games which you'd feel they need to be played today before tomorrow with a justifiable hype. The sort of games no one would feel burned out on if they go free after finishing them so for example the last 3 games I got where GTA, TLoU and BioShock Infinite. Even if those come to PS Plus It wouldn't upset me.

That said I've been burned on some of the recent games they put and I can see Batman going free at some point, with that stupid story twist I just feel it's better to wait.

FootballFan

I really really want a PS4 but none of the launch games look interesting enough.

I am in the same boat, kinda, except I like Knack.

FIFA 14 and Knack will have to keep me busy. I'll probably still play ps3(gt6, Beyond and Puppeteer I still have to play).

Some more games should be out by then...should :p

LTWheels

It's really all down to when Infamous and Destiny come out for the ps4. That will get the momentum starting of big releases. Spring is a deceptively long time period. Could be anywhere from Jan to May.

Witcher 3 is also spring right?

I really really want a PS4 but none of the launch games look interesting enough.

Yurt, who are you not to be great? You, with the imagination of a brilliant child and the powers of an ancient god. Who are you to be ordinary? You, who could get away with murder, or raise the dead.

Who are you to be anonymous? You, whose name should be spoken in reverent tones or in terrified whispers. Who are you to be afraid? You, who can serve as judge and jury while hoarding infinite lives.

Who are you to be a slave to the past? You who can travel time like the oceans and rewrite history with a single word. Who are you to deny greatness? If you would deny it to yourself, you deny it to the entire world.

Remember you are a Juve fan.

FootballFan

It's really all down to when Infamous and Destiny come out for the ps4. That will get the momentum starting of big releases. Spring is a deceptively long time period. Could be anywhere from Jan to May.

Infamous SS is confirmed for February IIRC.

bjaelke

Yes. It'll be a packed with great releases come February. Dark Souls 2. Titanfall.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm not sure if my current PC can run TW3, so maybe an upgrade would be wiser..

Yurt, who are you not to be great? You, with the imagination of a brilliant child and the powers of an ancient god. Who are you to be ordinary? You, who could get away with murder, or raise the dead.

Who are you to be anonymous? You, whose name should be spoken in reverent tones or in terrified whispers. Who are you to be afraid? You, who can serve as judge and jury while hoarding infinite lives.

Who are you to be a slave to the past? You who can travel time like the oceans and rewrite history with a single word. Who are you to deny greatness? If you would deny it to yourself, you deny it to the entire world.

Bryan-Cranston-Tearing-Up-Happy-Feelings-During-Interview-Gif.gif

faridmon

All I know is that Killzone 1 was really mediocre.

I thought it was amazing, but again thats me. Killzone 2 and 3 are both mediocre.

Tomorrow, our boogey team. I bloody hate playing against Aston Villa!

Lol

LTWheels

Yes. It'll be a packed with great releases come February. Dark Souls 2. Titanfall.

Yeah, I'm glad that DS2 is getting a PC release so it means that there is no real reason for me to hold onto the current gen consoles. I play on selling mine in the next two weeks.

After Dark Souls, the only possible current gen game I'm interested in would be what ever Persona game Atlus's count down is alluding to. However, buy the time it comes out in Europe, I will just pick up a 2nd hand console to play it.

Based on the required specs on next gen PC ports, I would probably need to buy a X1 to play Titanfall.

I'm not sure if my current PC can run TW3, so maybe an upgrade would be wiser..

I can get away playing current gen games around 30-50fps on medium-high.

Yeah, I've thought about upgrading, but the cost of upgrading would probably be more expensive for me than buying both of the consoles. I need to upgrade everything including my monitor. The only thing I could keep would be my monitor. I think I will upgrade my PC at mid-way point of next gen.

Bumhead

Banned
Killzone 2 was good. Killzone 3 was dump. Mercenary is pretty legit. Looking forward to Shadowfall.

CANT WAIT TO PLAY WEST BROM

WHICH IS STRANGE BECAUSE THEY BEAT US TWICE LAST SEASON

I'm backing Liverpool with hard cash. Have I made a terrible mistake?

sohois

Killzone 2 was good. Killzone 3 was dump. Mercenary is pretty legit. Looking forward to Shadowfall.

I'm backing Liverpool with hard cash. Have I made a terrible mistake?

What are the odds? West Brom are a good side and Clarke will always have them well organized defensively. The fact that Liverpool suffered 2 defeats last season is absolutely meaningless when it comes to predicting future results, but that doesn't mean West Brom still couldn't quite easily come away with something.

Top Bottom