• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Scum

It's frustrating when you see the attacking players at our disposal yet we're so bad at exploiting their obvious qualities.

Cleff, pls. Young should have been flogged off ages ago. 3-2-2-1-2 or 4-3-1-2.

Really? I'm pretty sure Arsenal got more points from these fixtures last season. They've started very well but they haven't really had a testing fixture save the NLD.

The most impressive thing about Arsenal is the attitude. They don't wilt anymore and everybody is super-confident. They don't just believe they can win but they are ready to work for it.

Which sucks. Because they're grabbing points at every opportunity. :'(
We need to be wide awake tomorrow evening.

jtb

Banned
Ramsey's emergence as a productive member will surely raise questions about Wilshere? He is a brilliant technician but doesn't add anything to the midfield, especially when you have Ozil, Cazorla and now Rambo.

With everyone fit, where does Jack fit in now just a year after being the face of this team?

He should slot into Arteta's position I think.

Ramsey as a box-to-box versatile type midfielder - Wilshere recycling posession
Ozil providing the final pass

that's the future of our midfield, I think. Cazorla's future is basically on the wing now and I'm fine with that. A flexible, versatile midfield.

Really? I'm pretty sure Arsenal got more points from these fixtures last season. They've started very well but they haven't really had a testing fixture save the NLD.

The most impressive thing about Arsenal is the attitude. They don't wilt anymore and everybody is super-confident. They don't just believe they can win but they are ready to work for it.

You're correct. We dropped no points in these fixtures last season, we've dropped 5 so far this season. But then we did drop plenty of points in similarly "easy" fixtures and at the beginning of the season so it's tough to gauge. I've personally taken the most out of how well we handled Napoli, more than our league position. That's been by far our best performance so far.

bud

RAMSAY.gif

The Welsh God
p0QHO.gif

absolutely magnificent.
BGQOI7p.gif

Barzul

Guys, we didn't actually play well at all today outside scoring those four goals. We were flat for long periods and let Norwich control possession. I know its merely semantics, but I think a better description (as opposed to being the "best") would be we're the least disappointing top club side at the moment.

I don't expect us to play amazing every game. But I do expect us to win the games we've played so far, and we keep doing that.

Clegg

And Giggs was awful when he came on. Poor sub from Moyes.

We shouldn't use him anymore. Moyes may need to spend big in January, contrary to his words from a few weeks ago.

Hindle

Banned
The stupidest decision Moyes made was to clear out Fergies back room staff, and to replace them with Phil Neville.

dc89

Southampton are a great team.

Fergie would have put another attacker on and won the game. Moyes brought a striker off and put a defender on.

And that's the Froggie difference.

GorillaJu

If you forget about Southampton doing nothing with the ball for the majority of the game apart from taking shit long ranged shots that were never going in and United hitting the cross bar twice and creating the better chances then yeah sure Southampton 'deserved' to win. *rollseyes*

Southampton got the ball into dangerous areas, put in some lovely crosses and kept your shit wingers in their pockets by two 18 year olds all game long. The major hang-up for them was that Osvaldo couldn't put in a good touch in the box. Had they worked that out you would have been put to the sword.

When Schneiderlin took the ball off Welbeck who was through on goal, they got it through your midfield in four passes to their striker, in your box in the blink of an eye, as if they were the only team on the pitch.

What portion of the game wasn't spend in the middle was spent in front of your goal, with Southampton constantly finding space to pick a pass, and they got in cross after cross.

You had one or two bright moments, one of them created a goal. The team was dire in every way imaginable for 95% of the game. An indefensible performance.

Arnie

Southampton are a great team.

Fergie would have put another attacker on and won the game. Moyes brought a striker off and put a defender on.

And that's just one of many differences to Froggie.

And that's been fixed.

u n i t e d

a r e

d e a d

Fergie

Banned

We shouldn't use him anymore. Moyes may need to spend big in January, contrary to his words from a few weeks ago.

Probably all talk. Also isn't enough time for Moyes to set up his room of 24/7 global scouting network.

The stupidest decision Moyes made was to clear out Fergies back room staff, and to replace them with Phil Neville.

I really don't understand that, should have waited and gradually done that so he could have had great advice.

Scum

Should have picked up both Baines & Fellaini for around £40m - £45m. Then picked up a MC as well.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Is this the thread were we laugh at Man U? because lol

top 4 after 8 games. I'll take it.

I'm so glad we didn't just crumble. We actually went out and got an equalizer at Old Trafford.

Arnie

Piss off and learn alien languages Meus

I'm just going to quote this again because it's by far my favourite Neogaf post, ever.

Nothing against you Meus. It just hit me in a spot that's not been tickled in years.

It's the context that it was posted in, too.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Which sucks. Because they're grabbing points at every opportunity. :'(
We need to be wide awake tomorrow evening.

Relax dude, we'll bounce back like we have done after previous shit results. Gylfi is going to smite Villa tomorrow.

jtb

Banned
when is Podolski coming back? can't help but be a little irritated whenever I see Bendtner coming on for Giroud instead of a semi-competent striker.

doicare

Southampton got the ball into dangerous areas, put in some lovely crosses and kept your shit wingers in their pockets by two 18 year olds all game long. The major hang-up for them was that Osvaldo couldn't put in a good touch in the box. Had they worked that out you would have been put to the sword.

When Schneiderlin took the ball off Welbeck who was through on goal, they got it through your midfield in four passes to their striker, in your box in the blink of an eye, as if they were the only team on the pitch.

What portion of the game wasn't spend in the middle was spent in front of your goal, with Southampton constantly finding space to pick a pass, and they got in cross after cross.

You had one or two bright moments, one of them created a goal. The team was dire in every way imaginable for 95% of the game. An indefensible performance.
Nope Southampton did bugger all, they didn't create a single guilt edged chance the entire game. All they did was take shitty long ranged shots and at best created a few half chances and got lucky when they scored with one of them.

United created by far the best chances and were very unlucky when they hit the cross bar not once but twice. Southampton in possession did very little and when they didn't have possession they were a bunch of fouling tw*ts. There were anything between half a dozen and a dozen fouls that United should have had but they never got them and United were fouled another 19 f*cking times during the match. The game was a joke.

Arnie

Nope Southampton did bugger all, they didn't create a single guilt edged chance the entire game. All they did was take shitty long ranged shots and at best created a few half chances and got lucky when they scored with one of them.

United created by far the best chances and were very unlucky when they hit the cross bar not once but twice. Southampton in possession did very little and when they didn't have possession they were a bunch of fouling tw*ts. There were anything between half a dozen and a dozen fouls that United should have had but they never got them and United were fouled another 19 f*cking times during the match. The game was a joke.

Your manager is a slug.

Actually you're right lol, just looked at some stats. I agree we haven't really had a tough fixture yet apart from NLD, but being top is a great feeling.

noal

Banned
Can we have another international break please?

Starting now and lasting to about mid January.

Woodward needs to pull out his checkbook and razor and get his shit in gear. Deary me.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I don't know why you say that when he has been one of our worst players this season. Chicha deserves a chance to start before him.

Moyes would never have the balls to do that. He's not going to drop one of United's two top players for a guy who can't even score for Mexico these days.

Actually you're right lol, just looked at some stats. I agree we haven't really had a tough fixture yet apart from NLD, but being top is a great feeling.

It doesn't really mean anything it just shows how early we are in the season. Until you've played everybody once and had a good number of away games you can't really size anybody up. Arsenal are getting points while others are dropping them, that's all that matters.

Clegg

Should have picked up both Baines & Fellaini for around £40m - £45m. Then picked up a MC as well.
We were told we had £100m to spend yet we only spent £28m all summer, and it was for a player we could have gotten for £5m cheaper earlier in the summer.

Since the close of the transfer window we've been told we have funds to spend, but why didn't we spend it during summer? The administration is all talk.

bud

I don't know why you say that when he has been one of our worst players this season.

he's easily your best player. having chica in your starting eleven would make you play even worse than you already do. either way, every striker would have hard time in that team. he has practically no one to pass it to him.

Fergie

Banned
Can we have another international break please?

Starting now and lasting to about mid January.

Woodward needs to pull out his checkbook and razor and get his shit in gear. Deary me.
He'll just buy Osman. I don't expect good signings at all. Mostly everyone exemplary has been snapped up.

Manager

Holy shit. Someone at Redcafe.

1yjc.png

h53m.png

grly.png

How can you have the energy to do all that. Apparently he sometimes upload compilation but keeps most to himself.

Top Bottom