• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Thought Jack was great today.

Incredible technical ability, great passing and that goal was delicious!

I would agree with this.

Not only because it's a scrumptious goal (which it is!), but because it encapsulates the playstyle we aspire towards and are known for.
Yeah he was ok.

He needs to be more consistent.

It's not just about chances. He's totally off form in every other area too. He screws up passes and whatnot. He needs someone to challenge for his spot to hopefully kick some spirit into him.

And he didn't have much service last year either. He still bossed it. It's normal to expect the same this year.

I think you're being harsh on RVP. Whenever he's played he's had Rooney, Welbeck, Young, or Valencia behind him. None are creative.

Rooney has been crap the past 3 games.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I believe Rooney is world class when he plays up front. I don't like him in the hole. He isn't creative, doesn't face the goal in the 10 spot, and his only move is to pass it to the wingers. When he's on his A game he'll score goals, help out the defense, distribute it out wide from deep, and start good counter attacks, but he'll never create in the hole. He's a number 9 these days.

I don't even have to explain Valencia, Young, or Welbeck. They're only there to do a job at this point.

RVP hasn't been that bad.

WU2mSvN.png

moyes-no-idea-fb.jpg

Clegg

At the end of this season I can see Man Utd trying to buy Ravel back.

I was talking to other United bros about this and we think the club will only try to sign him if he develops into something really special. He had an awful lot of problems in Manchester and we wouldn't take a risk on that for "just" a decent player.

Suen

Thought Jack was great today.

Incredible technical ability, great passing and that goal was delicious!

I would agree with this.

Not only because it's a scrumptious goal (which it is!), but because it encapsulates the playstyle we aspire towards and are known for.
Exactly, these are the kind of goals I'd expect more often from our playstyle, shame they are so hard to pull off. EPL's Barcelona except that we score them. It's attractive football and that is what we want.

Clegg

Rooney had another poor game, but Moyes won't drop him for fear he'll throw his toys out of the pram again and demand to leave.

Midfield is the big concern as we can't control the game with any 2 man midfield combo we can put out. We need to move to a three man system of Fellaini, Carrick, and one of Ando/Clev at least until January where we can then see who's available to buy.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
How did spurs lose 3-0 at home to these guys?

Because we didn't turn up. Even then at 0-0 we had a chance, then they scored on two rebounds. It was a freak result though one that West Ham deserved. If we'd bothered to put any effort in we'd have beaten them like we always do.

Top Bottom