• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

jtb

Banned
@piersmorgan 2 Jan
Here's an idea, Gooners - let's swoop in transfer window for an Everton triple whammy: Fellaini, Baines and.....Moyes.

edit: heh beat

Into

WU2mSvN.png

Rad-

he's easily your best player. having chica in your starting eleven would make you play even worse than you already do. either way, every striker would have hard time in that team. he has practically no one to pass it to him.

It's not just about chances. He's totally off form in every other area too. He screws up passes and whatnot. He needs someone to challenge for his spot to hopefully kick some spirit into him.

And he didn't have much service last year either. He still bossed it. It's normal to expect the same this year.

bud

Holy shit. Someone at Redcafe.

http://imageshack.com/a/img201/1227/1yjc.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://imageshack.com/a/img823/4720/h53m.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://imageshack.com/a/img585/4172/grly.png[IMG]

How can you have the energy to do all that. Apparently he sometimes upload compilation but keeps most to himself.[/QUOTE]

"carrick awareness vs leverkussen"

"carrick first time pass vs sunderland"

"evra clearence vs swansea"

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ihcogjU.gif

It doesn't really mean anything it just shows how early we are in the season. Until you've played everybody once and had a good number of away games you can't really size anybody up. Arsenal are getting points while others are dropping them, that's all that matters.
Is this Opposite Day or something? lol agreeing with a Spurs fan again!

deroli

That was a terrible game today, only the result was decent.
We have to improve in all aspects of the game if we want to defy both Arsenal and Schalke. Considering our recent performances against Gladbeck and Nürnberg, next week will be tough as hell.

noal

Banned
He'll just buy Osman. I don't expect good signings at all. Mostly everyone exemplary has been snapped up.

Unfortunately you're probably right but at the moment it's his tactics that are most worrying. United have never looked comfortable when not playing an attractive attacking style plus whoever said earlier that we shouldn't have got rid of so many backroom staff at once was spot on.

Arnie

Don't fear, Coutinho will be back no more shite psuedo no.10 work from Moses.

Fucking Moses.

Can't be fucked with him.

That goal against Swansea was a false dawn and I feel rough for wrongly eating a crow's anus.

Lad just doesn't know how to play the role. Alberto can pass a ball like he's spreading butter. Moses passes a ball like he's jamming the fucking butter into a croissant and not doing a good enough fucking job.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It's not just about chances. He's totally off form in every other area too. He screws up passes and whatnot. He needs someone to challenge for his spot to hopefully kick some spirit into him.

And he didn't have much service last year either. He still bossed it. It's normal to expect the same this year.

Van Persie's a dick though, he won't accept being on the bench no matter how average he's playing.

Scum

Relax dude, we'll bounce back like we have done after previous shit results. Gylfi is going to smite Villa tomorrow.
Wish I shared your optimism. :-/

We were told we had £100m to spend yet we only spent £28m all summer, and it was for a player we could have gotten for £5m cheaper earlier in the summer.

Since the close of the transfer window we've been told we have funds to spend, but why didn't we spend it during summer? The administration is all talk.
#WoodwardOut

Walshy

Fucking Moses.

That goal against Swansea was a false dawn and I feel rough for wrongly eating a crow's anus.

Lad just doesn't know how to play the role. Alberto can pass a ball like he's spreading butter. Moses passes a ball like he's jamming the fucking butter into a croissant and not doing a good enough fucking job.

To be fair he is playing out of position

but jesus he's gotten on my nerves since the swansea game

alberto should be starting there

Rad-

LOL

moyes over mourinho? really man utd?

Mou is a much better manager but it's not really United way to change managers every 2 years.

Though if this keeps up, we might end up going to that direction eventually.

3Sixty

doicare making this result so much better.

Cheers mate xx

Feel like we set up wrong today. Clyne played too far off Adnan 1st half, changed it at HT and shut him down. Lallana is boss. Ward-Prowse whips in a wicked corner. Lovren is a god. Osvaldo looked abit off today shame as he had chances.

Morgan and Wanyama made Fellaini and Carrick look like shit.

anthonyOA

Unfortunately you're probably right but at the moment it's his tactics that are most worrying. United have never looked comfortable when not playing an attractive attacking style plus whoever said earlier that we shouldn't have got rid of so many backroom staff at once was spot on.

That would be everyone.

I wonder if Moyes realises that he can stop the rut by having some balls and attacking. Man Utd aren't strong enough defensively to sit back and soak. They're much more intelligent on the front foot

dc89

I can't make my mind up if I like City's away shirt.

The way the two shades meet in the middle, if you're carrying an extra pound or two ( me included lol) it won't flatter you.

Arnie

To be fair he is playing out of position

but jesus he's gotten on my nerves since the swansea game

alberto should be starting there

When Alberto came on I felt like a ray of sunshine was beaming down on me. I felt warm, and cosy, and hopeful. He prodded the ball around like he was half asleep, in a good way. Wasn't overawed by the occasion, brought our passing game into shorter territory.

noal

Banned
That would be everyone.

I wonder if Moyes realises that he can stop the rut by having some balls and attacking. Man Utd aren't strong enough defensively to sit back and soak. They're much more intelligent on the front foot

Exactly. Better up front compared to defence and he keeps trying to close games out!

Ramsey's emergence as a productive member will surely raise questions about Wilshere? He is a brilliant technician but doesn't add anything to the midfield, especially when you have Ozil, Cazorla and now Rambo.

With everyone fit, where does Jack fit in now just a year after being the face of this team?
He doesn't.

When all our midfielders are fit he'll go on the left.

When our wingers come back he'll go on the bench.

Clegg

Januzaj was decent for about 60 minutes then began to fade a bit. Not surprising for a kid tho. He should have been taken off at that stage and Zaha or Shinji put on. Moyes would have stuck Giggs on.

Moyres needs to gtrow some balls and realise we aren't the Everton side her managed. We have better attacking players who need to be utilised.

Salvadora

He doesn't.

When all our midfielders are fit he'll go on the left.

When our wingers come back he'll go on the bench.
Thought Jack was great today.

Incredible technical ability, great passing and that goal was delicious!
Will be hard to beat this one...surely a strong contender for the goal of the season. Hope to see more of this from us (and from any team) in coming games :)
I would agree with this.

Not only because it's a scrumptious goal (which it is!), but because it encapsulates the playstyle we aspire towards and are known for.

Walshy

When Alberto came on I felt like a ray of sunshine was beaming down on me. I felt warm, and cosy, and hopeful. He prodded the ball around like he was half asleep, in a good way. Wasn't overawed by the occasion, brought our passing game into shorter territory.
It's why I want Lucas, Allen and Alberto midfield against West Brom. We lose the ball way too much with Gerrard and henderson midfield.

Top Bottom