• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Suen

What does that have to do with my post? I can't even say Carlo killed Isco now a days because I support United? What are you on about?

Suen pls
He hasn't killed Isco you watermelon lol. Isco has had a few bad games recently but it's unfair to put the blame solely on him as the whole squad has been shit recently. Just now in the Barca game it took us 45 min to even start playing semi-decently. We were shit against Juve as well but played good against Malaga. Before that we were shit for two-three games. A few bad games plus Ancelotti's habit of not starting with Isco does not mean Isco has been killed :lol. Stop exaggerating like the guys here who get so aroused from imagining Bale flopping that their dick grows taller than the Eiffel Tower. That stuff is the only reason why I'm making fun of United for entirely unrelated reasons.

Honestly I'd make fun of United now and then anyway because I want to enjoy this moment before Arsenal implode and go down to fourth.

Arnie

Match of the Day's been euphoric so far. Well excited for the double header tomorra. Popping to Oxford Street for a new pair of shoes before it.

BXiWGfZIEAAFKsF.jpg

How big is the install?

Not feeling like GTA Online atm, we need a bunch of people to make it fun.

Looks like it died a bit now too, kind of hard to find people for missions. Maybe when they give the free money or when heists come it will be popular again.

Its times like these that I wish FIFA was a decent football game :p

Massive off-chance here, but I don't suppose anyone would in the UK be willing to buy this TV unboxed (or in the wrong box, at least) in very good condition, for around £100?

I'll be honest, I'm selling it because its resolution is just 1366x768. It is capable of running 1080p, but not at the highest quality on the market.

I wonder how redcafe will respond to the Sturridge vs Welbeck thread. Most of them already think Sturridge is better, but some still have hope.

Lightning

Banned
I don't think I'd agree to be honest.

We've been playing poorly for a while now. It's not easy to see why though. Our defence is relatively solid and our attack is amazing. We just seem to let the game go by us, turning up the gear just to score the goals.
I think it's tiredness honestly. Ramsey has to play most games for 90minutes, same with Ozil, same with Giroud and all the back 4. There is virtually no rotation.

We could use Rosciky more. Gibbs is not so good that Monreal can't get a game etc... Wenger is going to drain our team if it's the same 11 every week with the odd change every now and then.

Clegg

I wonder how redcafe will respond to the Sturridge vs Welbeck thread. Most of them already think Sturridge is better, but some still have hope.
I gave up on redcafe when I saw posters say they'd rather have Coentrao than Baines and that Khedira would answer a lot of our problems in midfield.

Barzul

I don't think I'd agree to be honest.

We've been playing poorly for a while now. It's not easy to see why though. Our defence is relatively solid and our attack is amazing. We just seem to let the game go by us, turning up the gear just to score the goals.

Winning is being consistently good. Even our game against Dortmund was one of worst performances this season wasn't terrible. I think fans expect that Arsenal should be dominating every game from start to finish, but that just isn't realistic. We're creating chances and finishing them, what more could we want. Another thing I've noticed is the reduction in the amount of individual errors, I can't wait to play some of the bigger teams and yes I'll eat crow if we don't perform to what I'm expecting. But I see winning all of our upcoming games except the ones against Dortmund and Chelsea which could go either way or end up as draws.

Not been bumped yet, there was a ludicrous comment in the 'what is Suarez worth thread' though from the start of the season.

Someone said 'on ability alone he's worth £30m-35m.

In reality, it goes like this

Value based on ability: £50m-60m
Value based on all-round package: £40m-45m
Value to Liverpool, considering length of contract: £70m

Simple as that :p

Barzul

I think it's tiredness honestly. Ramsey has to play most games for 90minutes, same with Ozil, same with Giroud and all the back 4. There is virtually no rotation.

We could use Rosciky more. Gibbs is not so good that Monreal can't get a game etc... Wenger is going to drain our team if it's the same 11 every week with the odd change every now and then.

We could really use Podolski and Walcott. Hope they are back by the United game.

jtb

Banned

Agreed. The squad is already ridiculously thin as it is, and very few of these players will be able to clock 50+ appearances in a season w/o rest so I'm expecting even more injuries. Wenger's never been one to rotate but the players he's bought over the past decade or so simply aren't durable enough to last the season.

To win the league, we'd need to buy a keeper (Casillas would be nice) and a striker in January and Wenger won't buy either so that's a non-starter.

Giroud looked absolutely shattered at the final whistle today. You need a new striker in January imo (unless Sanogo is a surprise package) especially if you want to compete for the domestic trophies

Salvadora

You're completely right, Lightning. No excuses for lack of rotation against the smaller teams.
Winning is being consistently good. Even our game against Dortmund was one of worst performances this season wasn't terrible. I think fans expect that Arsenal should be dominating every game from start to finish, but that just isn't realistic. We're creating chances and finishing them, what more could we want. Another thing I've noticed is the reduction in the amount of individual errors, I can't wait to play some of the bigger teams and yes I'll eat crow if we don't perform to what I'm expecting. But I see winning all of our upcoming games except the ones against Dortmund and Chelsea which could go either way or end up as draws.
Disregarding Dortmund for a second, we were consistently outplayed by Norwich and Crystal Palace. The scorelines flattered to deceive. Yeah winning ugly is what winners do, but we need to start playing well.

You won't beat Liverpool by playing in first gear. They need to want it, like the Tottenham game. There can be no timid performances going forward against the big teams. They'll put us to the sword.

Disregarding Dortmund for a second, we were consistently outplayed by Norwich and Crystal Palace. The scorelines flattered to deceive. Yeah winning ugly is what winners do, but we need to start playing well.

You won't beat Liverpool by playing in first gear. They need to want it, like the Tottenham game. There can be no timid performances going forward against the big teams. They'll put us to the sword.

You'd better not defend like you did against Tottenham, I want some chance of coming away with a point or three :p

Barzul

Agreed. The squad is already ridiculously thin as it is, and very few of these players will be able to clock 50+ appearances in a season w/o rest so I'm expecting even more injuries. Wenger's never been one to rotate but the players he's bought over the past decade or so simply aren't durable enough to last the season.

To win the league, we'd need to buy a keeper (Casillas would be nice) and a striker in January and Wenger won't buy either so that's a non-starter.

I'm kind of pissed Giroud started this game. Should have gone with Bendtner against a managerless Crystal Palace that was 19th in the league. Definitely need a striker in January. GK not so much, imo where we need to add is in midfield, Flamini's role this season has shown me how important having an actual defensive midfielder is but I doubt we'll get one. I think it's striker or bust. Wonder if Juve will let us have Llorente on loan.

jtb

Banned
I'm kind of pissed Giroud started this game. Should have gone with Bendtner against a managerless Crystal Palace that was 19th in the league. Definitely need a striker in January. GK not so much, imo where we need to add is in midfield, Flamini's role this season has shown me how important having an actual defensive midfielder is but I doubt we'll get one. I think it's striker or bust. Wonder if Juve will let us have Llorente on loan.

I think the logic is, no mid-week game this week, and he probably won't start against Chelsea, so hopefully that'll give him a little bit of rest and keep him fresh for the big games coming up. It was a bit of an unnecessary risk, though, I agree. Bendtner's not quite at Chamakh levels of shit and if Wenger is seriously going to use him as a backup, he may as well give him a game and bring Giroud on if things aren't going to plan.

Otherwise we'll soon be stuck with playing a really tired Giroud every single game, who will proceed to get injured, and we'll have to spend the rest of the season with Bendtner leading the line. that's the nightmare scenario anyways.

Barzul

You're completely right, Lightning. No excuses for lack of rotation against the smaller teams.

I agree there were periods in both these games where we were outplayed, the difference is we're not conceding as much during these periods. We tend to raise our game against the bigger teams, just need to rotate better. Against Chelsea, I want to see Wilshere, Jenkinson, Vermaelen and Bendtner starting. It's a shame Flamini got that injury today.

Lightning

Banned
I think the logic is, no mid-week game this week, and he probably won't start against Chelsea, so hopefully that'll give him a little bit of rest and keep him fresh for the big games coming up. It was a bit of an unnecessary risk, though, I agree. Bendtner's not quite at Chamakh levels of shit and if Wenger is seriously going to use him as a backup, he may as well give him a game and bring Giroud on if things aren't going to plan.
That's definitely the logic behind it. I will be shocked if any player who started today starts against Chelsea.

Given next week we have Liverpool [H], Dortmund [A], United [A] we should not play any first team player against Chelsea. If we are to progeess in the capital one cup then our 2nd team need to get the job done.

I still really like our chances against Liverpool but Dortmund and United will be tough, really tough. We should go knocking on Madrid's door again in January for Kheidra.

Suen

That's definitely the logic behind it. I will be shocked if any player who started today starts against Chelsea.

Given next week we have Liverpool [H], Dortmund [A], United [A] we should not play any first team player against Chelsea. If we are to progeess in the capital one cup then our 2nd team need to get the job done.

I still really like our chances against Liverpool but Dortmund and United will be tough, really tough. We should go knocking on Madrid's door again in January for Kheidra.
You're absolutely crazy. Might as well bring back Gervinho then and make Bendtner our first choice and give him a permanent contract. Hell let's just buy Stoke's squad and use them instead.

Scum

Lightning, pls. I expect Wenger to attempt to pinch Bender. You have no need for Khedira. No one does.

Salvadora

We definitely shouldn't have gone with Bendtner today.

The league is paramount. I'd rather go for Tiote than Khedira.
I agree there were periods in both these games where we were outplayed, the difference is we're not conceding as much during these periods. We tend to raise our game against the bigger teams, just need to rotate better. Against Chelsea, I want to see Wilshere, Jenkinson, Vermaelen and Bendtner starting. It's a shame Flamini got that injury today.
Szczesny has hardly put a foot wrong this season, so props to him.

Vermaelen is the king of the individual error, I don't know what should be done with him. I want to rotate though...

Its times like these that I wish FIFA was a decent football game :p

Massive off-chance here, but I don't suppose anyone would in the UK be willing to buy this TV unboxed (or in the wrong box, at least) in very good condition, for around £100?

I'll be honest, I'm selling it because its resolution is just 1366x768. It is capable of running 1080p, but not at the highest quality on the market.

I just checked, the disc is install is only a couple of megs, Hitcher pls.

You should get Fifa on the PS4, I can't play co-op seasons on my own.

Top Bottom