• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Suen

We definitely shouldn't have gone with Bendtner today.

The league is paramount. I'd rather go for Tiote than Khedira.

Szczesny has hardly put a foot wrong this season, so props to him.

Vermaelen is the king of the individual error, I don't know what should be done with him. I want to rotate though...
Barca....

Yes, Scscszzc has done well so far. Hope this is his season, then we don't have to worry about a GK!

Wes

venison crêpe
SOT2-0FULa.gif

Arnie

I still really like our chances against Liverpool but Dortmund and United will be tough, really tough.

Cements my opinion that Arsenal fans don't have footballing brains.

If Stoke can go to United without shitting their kecks you should be able to.

Especially if you think playing us'll be this tantric experience.

Hixx

Apparently the weather is set to get really bad up here right after the game tomorrow.

Just what I need. An embarrassing and a fucking storm afterwards.

Tomorrow is going to be so depressing.

Suen

You guys are too harsh on Khedira. He's not that bad.
I've watched him for three seasons. He's bad Lightning, not even Madrid fans know what he does on the pitch. I mean seriously I don't know what he does, I have no fucking idea if he does anything. Yet the prick has the nerve to say he's not appreciated by the fans or media in Madrid......fuck off Khedira. I always assume we're playing with ten men when I see Khedira in the line up.

we should never have left Gervinho go. but Khedira is definitely shit.
Gervi's fate was sealed after the Bradford game, any improvements afterwards were pointless.

Arnie

Apparently the weather is set to get really bad up here right after the game tomorrow.

Just what I need. An embarrassing and a fucking storm afterwards.

Tomorrow is going to be so depressing.

IF YOU WIN THOUGH...

4 SPECIAL BREWS IN THE EYE OF A STORM

Lightning

Banned
we should never have left Gervinho go. but Khedira is definitely shit.
What do you reckon of the Liverpool game? Think we will win?

He'll disrupt what you have going at the moment. He's not worth it. Oh, and you should be much more weary of Liverpool than Man Utd, with the way things are going.
FFS the same Liverpool who couldn't beat a 10 Man Newcastle. Fuck Liverpool.

jtb

Banned
Gervi's fate was sealed after the Bradford game, any improvements afterwards were pointless.

I know. It's not really fair though; Wenger played him out of position. It was painfully obvious that he was a fucking terrible finisher. It's not like playing him as a forward was going to magically solve that problem. Waste of a potentially good player.

We'll win. I suspect Rodgers will play some kind of two striker formation, which should hopefully allow us to dominate the midfield. Only worry is that we're playing at home and if we go down early, the atmosphere's basically even worse than if we were playing away. Everyone freezes up.

Scum

FFS the same Liverpool who couldn't beat a 10 Man Newcastle. Fuck Liverpool.

That same Liverpool is just 2 pts behind you. Arsenal are in fine form but don't go counting your chickens before they're hatched.

Salvadora

He's a very limited player. But he has his uses. At the worst, he's a decent plan B that's a lot more threatening than, say, a Bendtner.
Remember, if he was here we would be seeing the Gervinho of old, not the reincarnated version in Rome.

Wenger is resolute in his ways. He didn't bend for Arshavin.

Hixx

Fucks sake.

Been so apathetic all week and now its the day and I've got an adrenalin rush
KuGsj.gif
Can't stop shaking.

Also listening to Gangnam Style on repeat. I don't know why.

Linius

Arsenal and Liverpool on top is nice to see. I want Liverpool to win the league though, Suarez deserves some big success.

Yen

We'll win. I suspect Rodgers will play some kind of two striker formation, which should hopefully allow us to dominate the midfield. Only worry is that we're playing at home and if we go down early, the atmosphere's basically even worse than if we were playing away. Everyone freezes up.

tumblr_inline_mkj5bx1TCT1qz4rgp.gif

Even with two strikers, we still play 5 in midfield.

Arsenal and Liverpool on top is nice to see. I want Liverpool to win the league though, Suarez deserves some big success.

Whenever he plays, it strikes me that he's far, far too good to want him gone for his past indiscretions (and they're pretty fucking big indiscretions)

He's a joy to watch. Magician, pantomime villain and massive cunt all rolled into one, what's not to love? :p

Linius

Suarez doesn't deserve shit

Screw you, racist cunt.

Whenever he plays, it strikes me that he's far, far too good to want him gone for his past indiscretions (and they're pretty fucking big indiscretions)

He's a joy to watch. Magician, pantomime villain and massive cunt all rolled into one, what's not to love? :p

Yeah, I will always like Luis. Can't blame him for leaving us for you guys after a couple of years. He's such a great player. I forgive him his less appealing sides.

Clegg

YES, nice little twitter battle going on between Arthur Gies and some others from the gaming media sites
Is it over Goes being a twat?

I don't really follow games journalist, bit my limited exposure to Arthur Goes leads me to believe that he's a a self important arsehole who thinks he knows everything in games development, but has been shown up as clueless on quite a few occasions.

Is it over Goes being a twat?

I don't really follow games journalist, bit my limited exposure to Arthur Goes leads me to believe that he's a a self important arsehole who thinks he knows everything in games development, but has been shown up as clueless on quite a few occasions.

Pretty much

Gies just latching on to any nonsense that could act as damage limitation for MS, since its been pretty much confirmed that both CoD:G and BF4 are 720p on Xbox One, and 1080p on PS4

jtb

Banned
Diego Costa is the top scorer in La Liga? We should go all in on him either in January or in the summer. Apparently he's a cunt of the highest order, and Atletico seem to have a really good record with producing/finding world class strikers, for whatever reason.

Lightning

Banned
Diego Costa is the top scorer in La Liga? We should go all in on him either in January or in the summer. Apparently he's a cunt of the highest order, and Atletico seem to have a really good record with producing/finding world class strikers, for whatever reason.
Honestly we should use Santi as a bargaining chip to get Costa and then get Reus to replace Santi. That would be perfect.

He's brilliant. Keep your filthy hands off him, we'll need him when Madrid realise that Suarez would be the best purchase possible and we lose him :p

Scum

Pretty much

Gies just latching on to any nonsense that could act as damage limitation for MS, since its been pretty much confirmed that both CoD:G and BF4 are 720p on Xbox One, and 1080p on PS4

I'd love to make snide comments about the WiiU running games in 720p as well to shame the Xbox One in that thread but I'm dumb enough to get myself banned and I'm sure someone will do it in my place. :p

He's brilliant. Keep your filthy hands off him, we'll need him when Madrid realise that Suarez would be the best purchase possible and we lose him :p

Brenton better rinse every fucking penny out of Perez for Suarez. Then make him realise he can't get him 'til the summer.

Top Bottom