• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Suarez is a cunt, but Costa is a filthy cunt.

I've see him do absolutely disgusting stuff against human decency.

Suarez is petulant and bitey like a 4 year old (with a bit of racist abuse thrown in)

Costa is that cunt everyone knew at primary school who would spit at people and vandalise their belongings

jtb

Banned
This page calls for my post:

The fall to not qualifying for the Europa League (again) will be painful, indeed :p

Honestly we should use Santi as a bargaining chip to get Costa and then get Reus to replace Santi. That would be perfect.

I don't think that'll be necessary. Atletico are a pretty terrible financially managed club iirc and can't afford to keep hold of their top players; they'll sell if we place a reasonable bid on the table. (30m+ I'd imagine) Biggest worry is that all the top teams will be after him in the summer if he keeps up these performances. Plus, I'd rather hold onto as many of our top players if we could. I'd see if we could sell Podolski for decent money before going straight to Santi.

It's a non-Wenger signing. but fuck it, let's do it anyways.

Yen

Diego Costa is the top scorer in La Liga? We should go all in on him either in January or in the summer. Apparently he's a cunt of the highest order, and Atletico seem to have a really good record with producing/finding world class strikers, for whatever reason.

Look up the video on youtube where he picks his nose and throws the snot in Pepe's eyes.

arkon

United made a comeback... good lord. Anything worthwhile from the Clasico? Any meltdowns in here?

There were some good goals in the Championship. Adomah's chip against Doncaster was a thing of beauty. Also, it's always nice beating Leeds :D

Salvadora

Honestly we should use Santi as a bargaining chip to get Costa and then get Reus to replace Santi. That would be perfect.

life-alert-o.gif

jtb

Banned
Also there's very (very very) little chance of Reus happening. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a release clause and Dortmund don't really need to sell.

and I maintain that Wenger will never go after Gundogan because he sees Wilshere as the natural heir to that position. We don't even need him, we need a Bender type.

going after Dortmund players in general... I just can't see it happening.

Marc

We're not, and he is.

Agreed, he reminds me of a german Gareth Barry... except he can't score as well. Looks so out of place in that national team, so many amazing midfielders and then he walks out. The crowd must take a breather when his name is called out.

BXiB37BCcAAmpXf.png

Oh shit. We had a good run, Southern England. Time for the North to shine. Look after her, Northerners :(

Aww man, I hope the trains aren't affected monday so I can get into work. So much hope.

I've seen that comp before, very cool.

Obviously he is pretty much my favourite player ever.

Thanks geez, glad you liked it. :)

Yeah, him, Finney, Haynes, Charlton and Greaves are probably my all time favourites. Loved Gazza back in the day as well, and the bits I have seen of Hoddle.

We'll win. I suspect Rodgers will play some kind of two striker formation, which should hopefully allow us to dominate the midfield. Only worry is that we're playing at home and if we go down early, the atmosphere's basically even worse than if we were playing away. Everyone freezes up.

What makes you so confident? It's like you've never watched a football match before. Even when we were top I don't think anyone ever was as twat-ishtikly confident and blindly ignorant as this post.

You're delusional.

You said it brotha.

Lightning

Banned
Also there's very (very very) little chance of Reus happening. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a release clause and Dortmund don't really need to sell.

and I maintain that Wenger will never go after Gundogan because he sees Wilshere as the natural heir to that position. We don't even need him, we need a Bender type.

going after Dortmund players in general... I just can't see it happening.
Reus has no chance I was just being funny.

Lars Bender is not possible before the next World Cup. He will have a lot of suitors. Maxime Gonalons I would very much like as well but need to wait in Lyon's position for that one. GK is okay as long as Szczesny stays or even improves his current form and we need a quality centre back.

As for striker I don't know. Maybe Benteke if he does well for Villa again this season?

jtb

Banned
What makes you so confident? It's like you've never watched a football match before. Even when we were top I don't think anyone ever was as twat-ishtikly confident and blindly ignorant as this post.

I'm just being realistic. Going to Old Trafford or Dortmund? We'll be lucky to get a point from either. But, Liverpool at home? If we don't put at least four past Mignolet (and preferably don't concede four in the process... we do have a habit of doing that... D: ), we don't deserve to be top of the league.

jtb

Banned
Reus has no chance I was just being funny.

Lars Bender is not possible before the next World Cup. He will have a lot of suitors. Maxime Gonalons I would very much like as well but need to wait in Lyon's position for that one. GK is okay as long as Szczesny stays or even improves his current form and we need a quality centre back.

As for striker I don't know. Maybe Benteke if he does well for Villa again this season?

How we move forward (if we move forward?) from this season will be interesting. any trophies are probably out of the question, unless we fluke our way to a domestic cup (but we won't). just about every position could probably be strengthened, at this point. Flamini is a stop gap, we need a long term midfield enforcer solution. We absolutely need a new keeper. We need natural wide players. We need full backs (someone please offer Sagna a new contract). We need to ship out Vermaelen and find someone competent in his place. We could do with a world class striker. idk. Let's see how this season plays out, I guess.

Lightning

Banned
I'm just being realistic. Going to Old Trafford or Dortmund? We'll be lucky to get a point from either. But, Liverpool at home? If we don't put at least four past Mignolet (and preferably don't concede four in the process... we do have a habit of doing that... D: ), we don't deserve to be top of the league.
That's my view as well we must beat Liverpool. It's ONLY Liverpool... they are average at best.

Table positions mean very little at this point imo. 1 loss for example and Liverpool are out of the top 4. Table means nothing to me until January/February. I am just focused on results at the moment and a win should be expected, a draw is a bare minimum but disappointing result and a loss is shocking bad. That's my assesssment of the Liverpool game.

Mastadon

Banned
That's my view as well we must beat Liverpool. It's ONLY Liverpool... they are average at best.

Table positions mean very little at this point imo. 1 loss for example and Liverpool are out of the top 4. Table means nothing to me until January/February. I am just focused on results at the moment and a win should be expected, a draw is a bare minimum but disappointing result and a loss is shocking bad. That's my assesssment of the Liverpool game.

You're properly deluded. Jtb is taking the piss, but you genuinely believe that you're miles ahead of Liverpool. You're the favourites, but losing at home against us wouldn't be a shocking result at all. You barely managed a draw in this fixture last year, and we've improved drastically since then. No outcome would particularly surprise me.

jtb

Banned

Bingo. If we can't beat sub-Europa League teams, then we may as well just give up now and focus on the league cup.

Lightning

Banned
You're properly deluded. Jtb is taking the piss, but you genuinely believe that you're miles ahead of Liverpool. You're the favourites, but losing at home against us wouldn't be a shocking result at all. You barely managed a draw in this fixture last year, and we've improved drastically since then. No outcome would particularly surprise me.
We beat you at home 2-0. I'm not expecting a cakewalk game but we are better than Liverpool and we should win fixtures like this. I believe our players are better than yours and we should win.

It's got nothing to do with me thinking Arsenal are miles ahead. We are not miles ahead but we are better and we should win. If it makes me delusional thinking Arsenal should win matches like this and draws in games like this are bad results then so be it. At Anfield? Draw is okay, at the Emirates anything less than a win is disappointing and not good enough.

Dibbz

hohoho MoTD sure was fun. Hansen had to grab a video from years ago to back up his point on Arsenal. Clearly he just doesn't give a fuck anymore since he is going to leave but someone needs to punch him in the face for his shit analysis.

Top Bottom