• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Fry

First ElTopo's cockroaches, now this. God is delivering plagues upon the Bayern fans. Next Blablurn will have blood running from his taps

Check it out

iJXKpL4jXa9sY.jpg

Drama was real. I was on the top of a chair.

Is IGCSE just an internet GCSE to make it easier if you try and get a job in Britain? Does it have any value abroad?

International-GCSE

Why would you want to work in Britain? :p

Sure it does, as much as GCSE has outside of Britain, they take into account the fact that most students have English as second language but I believe that's the only difference

It was really hard anyway. Had to switch to the American system for the last 2 years in school.

FootballFan

But it's true. You know it deep down, in the back of your head, you hear a little voice whispering

you got lucky, punk

clear pen, everyone knows it

Cristiano Ronaldo was denied what should have been a penalty after Javier Mascherano barged into him from behind in the penalty area. It was a ridiculous challenge by Mascherano, who was lucky to get away with it.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/oct/26/barcelona-v-real-madrid-live-mbm

not surprised as barca gets away with pretty much anything 99% of the time at camp nou

6 point game with plenty of football to play so we'll see what happens at the end

Reminded me of this.

Same thing as the Ronaldo incident, except outside the box. Read the comments from Madrid fans: "Owned!!" "not a foul, shoulder to shoulder!"

International-GCSE

Why would you want to work in Britain? :p

Sure it does, as much as GCSE has outside of Britain, they take into account the fact that most students have English as second language but I believe that's the only difference

It was really hard anyway. Had to switch to the American system for the last 2 years in school.

Because its the best.

When your oil runs out, you'll be the first person hiding in the back of a lorry being ferried across the Channel :p

GorillaJu

Talk of either Liverpool or Arsenal winning the title is sadly very premature. We're only a quarter of the way through the season and the fixtures for both teams have been really easy so far.

The fact that City, United and Chelsea have all struggled with their light draws has given us a leg-up to get some momentum, but the cream always rises to the top.

Like I've said since the beginning I'm overjoyed we're 2nd in the table right now, but the absolute best I can expect at the end of the season is to beat maybe United or Tottenham out to a top 4 spot.

arkon

I'm reading the orgy thread in OT and I just love the fact the OP has a game plan before going in, been training in preparation for the day as well.

edit: and now he's making Pokemon analogies for his experience levels. Masterful.

Talk of either Liverpool or Arsenal winning the title is sadly very premature. We're only a quarter of the way through the season and the fixtures for both teams have been really easy so far.

The fact that City, United and Chelsea have all struggled with their light draws has given us a leg-up to get some momentum, but the cream always rises to the top.

Like I've said since the beginning I'm overjoyed we're 2nd in the table right now, but the absolute best I can expect at the end of the season is to beat maybe United or Tottenham out to a top 4 spot.

Yep. Top 3 is a pipe dream, 4th is doable if any two of City, Chelsea, Spurs, Man Utd or Arsenal have an underwhelming season. Just can't see us beating 3 of that group over the course of the season. Its vital that we do better in our games against those teams than we did last season. Its not good enough to play well against them and only end up with like 6 points from the 10 games

Fucking off-topic

'I was whistling and singing tunelessly, probably louder than I thought it was. Someone I don't know said it was annoying on facebook, without naming me and having no idea that I'd ever read it since we're not friends on there. Should I confront her?'

Instinctively don't like the look of the PS4 OS. Better be functional as fuck

Barzul

That Orgy thread man, just good.

Anyway, if Arsenal beats Liverpool, Chelsea and United or WDW or DWW, can definitely see us winning the league (Like I won't feel stupid for imagining it). I honestly would not mind getting knocked out of the League Cup and FA Cup if it means we can focus on PL. Liverpool's lack of CL games is certainly aiding them in that regard. Still wish we'd got Suarez.

arkon

Y
Fucking off-topic

'I was whistling and singing tunelessly, probably louder than I thought it was. Someone I don't know said it was annoying on facebook, without naming me and having no idea that I'd ever read it since we're not friends on there. Should I confront her?'

Jesus. I've just seen this thread. Why they hell would you even need to ask? There is no way it isn't going to be creepy. And it happened TWO WEEKS AGO.

bud

Wilbur told me to say the following, particularly to you and bud:

You're all fucking eggs

I agree. At least Liverpool fans have the sense to say their shit tongue in cheek. Nine games in and guess what? Your situation hasn't changed. Still trophy-less. There's a 10 year old gooner out there who's never seen Wenger soil his panties over a cup. I feel for him.

the chicken fumes have truly gone to his head. and yours. tell that hairless little cunt that his reading comprehension's in the fucking toilet. i've done nothing but bitch at arsenal's horribly inconsistent and, overall, poor performances.

Fry

the chicken fumes have truly gone to his head. and yours. tell that hairless little cunt that his reading comprehension's in the fucking toilet. i've done nothing but bitch at arsenal's horribly inconsistent and, overall, poor performances.

i5Y2QvMGzIFbN.gif

What about:

pathetic. absolutely pathetic.

this is why united are not going to qualify for champions league football next season.

?

bud

i was talking about valencia who was time wasting in a home game against stoke city.

may united rip in piece and may god rest their souls

Lightning

Banned
I'm really looking forward to City and Chelsea beating the shit out of one another. Please be a draw and don't hold back on the challenges.

FootballFan

That was my guess, think he said it in a rant after the Man Utd fans were taking the piss out of Madrid :D

Who was that guy that posted something like

You're an old fat fuck who only posts to piss people off. You bring absolutely nothing to this thread. There I said what everyone thinks of you.

Fuck off now, ignore listed.

Think he was also a Madrid fan.

I just find it hilarious that no one trusts those game jornos enough to let them in a room alone with their games. It's like how you treat a 5 year old with the expensive toys.

One of the best writers in the industry imo is Tom Bissell, he said in his TLoU review:

For a single-player narrative game to be purchased by all 6 million members of its console's target audience — to become a "must-have" title — it needs to hit a Metacritic rating no lower than the low 90s. To achieve a Metacritic rating in the low 90s, you must make a game that impresses critics, who by their nature crave novelty, which is the very thing that scares away gamers who buy only three to six games a year, and who are, by far, the largest constituency in the game-buying audience. To impress these critics, you often have to invest in the hardest, most difficult-to-engineer elements of game design and work your employees half to death. All of which means that game companies are spending hundreds of millions of dollars to impress people whose taste is unrepresentative of the wider game-playing audience and whose power to create an impression of "must-have" titles is still largely unproven.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9366466/tom-bissell-naughty-dog-latest-game-last-us

You can't completely trust every reviewer to play the game right, I realise that games shouldn't have the 'right' way of playing them but when you look at that scoreboard picture that was posted from an event at EA for BF4 and see some of the 'respected' outlets end up with 13 deaths and 1 kill it just makes you wonder why would you take the opinion of someone who can't play a game as well as you seriously.

Lightning

Banned
Just watching the highlights of all the games I didn't watch and boy Liverpool played well. Hope they don't play like that next week.

Southampton took Fulham to the cleaners. What a great performance that was, could have been 5-0 that...

Everton and Aston Villa was the best game I thought. What a match that was. Benteke with the penalty miss, then great save by Howard, but Aston Villa once again showed that Everton are vulnerable defensively. I know they kept a clean sheet but on another day they could have been down by 3 goals at half time. I'm happy for Martinez though, he's silencing the doubters.

Rad-

RVP on Adnan:

“He is a top player and I’m a big fan of his. I’ve seen a lot of young players down the years but I would have to say that he is in the top one or two. I see similarities in his game to mine 10 years ago, but he’s not the new van Persie, he’s the new Adnan.”

justjohn

I'm really looking forward to City and Chelsea beating the shit out of one another. Please be a draw and don't hold back on the challenges.
Why are you concerned with our game? We're not your rivals. Liverpool and spurs are your fourth place rivals. And possibly utd too

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wonder if Juve will let us have Llorente on loan.

As much as I'd like to help ArseGODs, it's highly unlikely for many reasons:

-Everyone else (not named Giovinco) is injured
-Sending him out on loan would shatter his confidence and our relationship with him, it's bad enough we're barely using him.
-He's actually gud :(
-Giroud is basically the French Marco van Basten, he won't start over him. (edit: beaten by odd)

GorillaJu

Giroud is in crazy form, I'm not sure Llorente would want to go on loan to another team where he'll be a back up, just like he is now, even though on the balance of skill, I'd put them around the same level.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Giroud is in crazy form, I'm not sure Llorente would want to go on loan to another team where he'll be a back up, just like he is now, even though on the balance of skill, I'd put them around the same level.

Exactly!

and really, you can't have TWO sex gods in one team, it never works.

Lightning

Banned
We do need another striker though. Giroud is playing too many games and we are wearing him out. I'm worried that he will end up getting injured with the amount we are playing him.

Salazar

"We could have been three up at half-time. We deserved something from the game," the Stoke manager said. "I think United were a little bit fortunate to get maximum points today, especially as the winning goal was scored by someone who was lucky to be on the pitch. People have been sent off for less than the reckless challenge on Robert Huth."

You utterly monkey-brained Welsh nut-fungus.

Your United credentials are revoked, Hughes. Don't come round for scones. Sputum is all that's on offer. Contempt and sputum.

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 1m
Boss on @wilfriedzaha: "We have to try and make sure he gets some playing time. He's very much in my plans and thoughts all the time." #mufc

Don't lie to us.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
UEFA have officially taken referee Manuel Grafe off big games after his poor performance in Real Madrid-Juventus, and he won't referee any games in the knockout stages

I'm utterly shocked.

You utterly monkey-brained Welsh nut-fungus.

Your United credentials are revoked, Hughes. Don't come round for scones. Sputum is all that's on offer. Contempt and sputum.

Don't lie to us.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Top Bottom