• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

I'm gonna head down to the Game store in Croydon later this afternoon to see if I can try out the PS4 kiosk. I tweeted them last week as instructed but they haven't responded, so I'm not sure if I'll be allowed to play it or not!

I'll try to take some photos.

Suen

Lol fucking napoli paid the ref. higuian is fucking garbage too. Fuck these scummy fucks. I hope mount Vesuvius explodes!
looooool Torino is shit. The football god's revenge for whatever shit you spouted against Madrid yesterday, two pens scored by a former Madrid player. Get bent Timu.

Scum

I just find it hilarious that no one trusts those game jornos enough to let them in a room alone with their games. It's like how you treat a 5 year old with the expensive toys.

One of the best writers in the industry imo is Tom Bissell, he said in his TLoU review:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9366466/tom-bissell-naughty-dog-latest-game-last-us

You can't completely trust every reviewer to play the game right, I realise that games shouldn't have the 'right' way of playing them but when you look at that scoreboard picture that was posted from an event at EA for BF4 and see some of the 'respected' outlets end up with 13 deaths and 1 kill it just makes you wonder why would you take the opinion of someone who can't play a game as well as you seriously.
That's why review threads are always hilarious. There's no such thing as videogame journalists or reviewers. They are all just writers now.

Salvadora

If we're assessing players on "what have you done for me lately?" Then yeah, Ibrahimovic would be up there.

But so would Ramsey

“This was a time when Peter Kenyon was our chief executive in charge of transfer dealings. Arsenal’s Patrick Vieira was one we liked a lot. I asked Peter to phone Arsenal to inquire about Vieira. He told me he had. One day later I mentioned it to David Dein and he looked at me as if I had horns on my head. There was no recognition of what I was talking about. One of them was playing his cards close to his chest and, to this day, I have no idea which one it was. Time and again I had agents phoning me to say, ‘My man would love to play for Manchester United.’ I never doubted the claim. But I also knew they would have loved to play for Arsenal, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and all the other elite teams. ”

I've always resented the hero worshipping our fans do with this guy when it was common knowledge back in the days that he wanted a move to our biggest rival. At least RVP was willing to stay had we reinforced that summer, but Vieira wanted to leave even with the team we had

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
HaCU9W0.png

If we turn up we can get something today, I know it.

pls tie

pls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWYTc8QOsSU

Decent cameo if you watch the video. Great cameo in the context of the game however when everything was very static. Stoke were set up well and United struggled to get past the wall of defenders and more often then not opted to pass it back or sideways.

Only disappointed with his shot that skied over the goal as he should have passed it to Shinji who could have slipped it to RVP or gave it back to him in a better position to take a shot.

A lot of his passing had purpose and threw Stoke off their game. The pass to cleverley, his two passes to Kagawa, and his pass to Evra being great examples. Was also fouled 5 times in those 32 minutes.

I hope he plays a full 90 vs Norwich as he needs a game without pressure to save United.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NsONacHPMw

Linked earlier, I think by Yurt? If he were an Almeira player and not a Liverpool player on loan, I would legitimately flip my shit if I was told we were signing him. That's a hell of a highlight reel for only 4 months.

Yeah, Suso is a really good technical player. Very good dribbler, physical enough to not let defenders dispossess him, and has vision. His loan is letting him develop.

Line-up vs. Parma (4-3-3): Gabriel; Abate, Zapata, Silvestre, Constant; Montolivo, De Jong, Poli; Birsa, Balotelli, Robinho.

Kakà on the bench, the rest of the team seems pretty much up to the task. I don't know why but I have a bad feeling about Gabriel today.

Salazar

Was also fouled 5 times in those 32 minutes.

Hughes deserves to be fucking slaughtered for that second half.

One of the most blinkered, thuggish jokes of a performance in a long while. Palacios is a fucking absurdity. Crouch should at least have been booked for an obscene lash at a player as they broke out of the United box. Huth is a piece of shit. Walters should have been booked for deliberately crashing into DeGea.

And the persistent hacking at Januzaj was some calculated shit. Fuck the commentators giving him the benefit of the doubt, like they did Pulis - "Oh, they're going to evolve into a proper footballing side soon". Like fuck they are. Grotty animalistic shite.

Holy fuck, the difference in the Windows 8 display already with this new TV :O

Ridiculously clean. About to jump into Star Citizen to see if its transitioned to the games

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
That's one angry lineup..
Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Isla, Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, Asamoah; Tevez, Llorente

and Roma without Totti and Gervinho

Roma: De Sanctis; Maicon, Benatia, Castan, Balzaretti; Pjanic, De Rossi, Strootman; Florenzi, Borriello, Ljajic

a potential upset!

Bumhead

Banned
Don't say that. I've got Roma on an acca.

Also backed less than 11 corners in the Tyne-Wear derby, so turgid midfield shitfest please (which is likely).

Hughes deserves to be fucking slaughtered for that second half.

One of the most blinkered, thuggish jokes of a performance in a long while. Palacios is a fucking absurdity. Crouch should at least have been booked for an obscene lash at a player as they broke out of the United box. Huth is a piece of shit. Walters should have been booked for deliberately crashing into DeGea.

And the persistent hacking at Januzaj was some calculated shit. Fuck the commentators giving him the benefit of the doubt, like they did Pulis - "Oh, they're going to evolve into a proper footballing side soon". Like fuck they are. Grotty animalistic shite.

Januzaj has been fouled 17 times already in his 5 games. He only started in 2 of those games. Delph has been fouled the most in the league with 28 and he's played 90 min every game I think. I think Januzaj is fouled the most per minute.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Don't say that. I've got Roma on an acca.

Also backed less than 11 corners in the Tyne-Wear derby, so turgid midfield shitfest please (which is likely).

Don't worry, their midfield is solid as fuck. They'll figure out something.

L1NETT

What do you want stoke to do not tackle?

You find their biggest threat and you target him, that's how it works. Not dirty, nullify the threat and try to nick a point. His job to be better than that. Refs job to keep a lid on it.

Like united never used to kick lumps out of people.

Blablurn

Line-up vs. Parma (4-3-3): Gabriel; Abate, Zapata, Silvestre, Constant; Montolivo, De Jong, Poli; Birsa, Balotelli, Robinho.

Kakà on the bench, the rest of the team seems pretty much up to the task. I don't know why but I have a bad feeling about Gabriel today.

Man, surreal to see todays AC Milan.What happened to the glory of the past?

Salazar

What do you want stoke to do not tackle?

Persistent fouling to break up play is not tackling.

As for "not dirty", dunno if you watched the game.

As for any equivalence between United and Stoke in terms of fouling, do me a favour. Ince was a prick. Keane was an animal. Rooney is a berk. Robin elbows people. But there's still no connection.

Tc91

iNEUOBDz76W9b.gif

Fucking hell.

Shinji just got his leg broken, 6-8 months out.

Who do I buy to replace him cause he is dead. Pjanic?

Peco

Amelia/Gabriel > Abbiati

Birsa save us

Evil Kagawa ‏@evilkagawa 1h
Moyes say to win title team must better penetrate opposition.
Why no just play Zaha?
Daughter of Moyes say he most excellent at penetration!

Top Bottom