• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
There are growing reports that Manchester United are preparing a €30m offer for Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic.

He's absolute CLASS!

Yurt, I hope Juve bribed the ref today, they're the linchpin of my accumulator!

Wait let me check his name
"Daniele Doveri"

he's from Rome

you're already DEAD

I think it was something that would be construed as port-begging. Lots of people got banned in a Titanfall thread for facetious "cool, can't wait for the PS4 version!" type posts.

Fly back soon, Mei-chan.

Yeah it was and it wasn't even port begging really, more of a prediction

Releasing Holiday 2014 for PS3/PS4 then. Smart positioning.

It's funny because we don't get banned for talking about how GTA is coming to PC in every GTA thread, mods goes on the same wave of insanity when new consoles are coming. But it's only for a week so he will be back soon enough to be reminded of the Torres hattrick against City.

bjaelke

Console fans are more sensitive.

---

FlhBAHI.png

Fry89

Suen

Reminded me of this.

Same thing as the Ronaldo incident, except outside the box. Read the comments from Madrid fans: "Owned!!" "not a foul, shoulder to shoulder!"
FF pls that's ridiculous. That incident looks very similar to ours yesterday from two angles yes but when they show it from the front you realize it's just good defending, a good tackle. It was a race to the ball and Messi fell down like a bitch from Essien's tackle. I would agree that it was bad if:

1. It was in the penalty box
2. If Messi was ahead of him when catching up to the ball.

Otherwise the only time I'd call that a foul is if Messi had caught up to the ball before Essien and Essien tackled him from behind.

Meanwhile CR7 was slightly ahead of Mascherano yesterday and the ball was coming to him regardless as Mascherano was on the left side of CR7 as the pass was from the right. Mascherano didn't even tackle him, he pushed him forward on his back so the intention to make him trip was clearly there alright. You could argue that the other penalty incident doesn't count (the one where Valdes save took on Adriano I think) because those situations are really hard to judge but at least one penalty should have been given. We got robbed and it's all thanks to Messi's tax money and drugs.

MOTM yesterday: Valdes

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
FF pls that's ridiculous. That incident looks very similar to ours yesterday from two angles yes but when they show it from the front you realize it's just good defending, a good tackle. It was a race to the ball and Messi fell down like a bitch from Essien's tackle. I would agree that it was bad if:

1. It was in the penalty box
2. If Messi was ahead of him when catching up to the ball.

Otherwise the only time I'd call that a foul is if Messi had caught up to the ball before Essien and Essien tackled him from behind.

Meanwhile CR7 was slightly ahead of Mascherano yesterday and the ball was coming to him regardless as Mascherano was on the left side of CR7 as the pass was from the right. Mascherano didn't even tackle him, he pushed him forward on his back so the intention to make him trip was clearly there alright. You could argue that the other penalty incident doesn't count (the one where Valdes save took on Adriano I think) because those situations are really hard to judge but at least one penalty should have been given. We got robbed and it's all thanks to Messi's tax money and drugs.

MOTM yesterday: Valdes

This could all be true, but you don't get to complain about referees, not this week.

Barca picked the PERFECT week for this innit

"We could have been three up at half-time. We deserved something from the game," the Stoke manager said. "I think United were a little bit fortunate to get maximum points today, especially as the winning goal was scored by someone who was lucky to be on the pitch. People have been sent off for less than the reckless challenge on Robert Huth."

You utterly monkey-brained Welsh nut-fungus.

Your United credentials are revoked, Hughes. Don't come round for scones. Sputum is all that's on offer. Contempt and sputum.

iUkQa2l7Ui7iL.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Why are you concerned with our game? We're not your rivals. Liverpool and spurs are your fourth place rivals. And possibly utd too

Last season Chelsea took 9 points from Goodison, Old Trafford and White Hart Lane. This season they took 2. Chelsea are one of 7 teams pushing for the top right now, they are not on another level.

Last season Chelsea took 9 points from Goodison, Old Trafford and White Hart Lane. This season they took 2. Chelsea are one of 7 teams pushing for the top right now, they are not on another level.

Pretty much. Nobody is playing on a level that makes me think they're favourites for the league.

If we can somehow ensure we beat the mighty Fulham next week we will have gained some points on the leaders since they're all playing each other.

Back in the race!

Arnie

If we can somehow ensure we beat the mighty Fulham next week we will have gained some points on the leaders since they're all playing each other.

Back in the race!

Your result yesterday reminded me of when we beat Bolton at home with a last-gasp Joe Cole winner under Hodgson.

In other words, no.

Has Zaha even had playtime yet?
Just in the Community Shield.

I don't think he's even been playing for the u21's.

ZAHALLAH WILL RISE WHEN CHRISTMAS ARRIVES

in the meantime, there is #ADNANGOD

in the end, they are both players with some amount of potential, but not anywhere near the likes of neymar, bakkali etc.
Please don't ever try and lump Zaha and Januzaj in the same bracket.

ZAHALLAH WILL RISE WHEN CHRISTMAS ARRIVES

in the meantime, there is #ADNANGOD

in the end, they are both players with some amount of potential, but not anywhere near the likes of neymar, bakkali etc.

Why are you lumping Bakkali with Nerman? Because of his 1 hat trick? No way is Bakkali on Nerman's level.

10493439754_a8d4bf8472_o.gif

top lel

Sunderland Newcastle could be decent today, I like Newcastle but I'm hoping Sunderland can pull something out of the bag because it would be hilarious. 2 Tiote own goals or something could do it.

Man I forgot I still have my Welbeck avatar up. Anyone has any idea what I should put.

Edit: I don't know how old this is but I just found it. Oh god.

ashley-young.jpg

When I signed up to their 4G contract about two months ago, I asked if I'd be eligible to change/switch to price tariffs if they improved their data packages. I was told I could. I pay £39 a month for 3GB.

Now, they've announced that these plans will be coming forward on the 30th of October.

ee-pay-monthly-extra-prices.jpg

I called today to ask if I could switch to one close to the £39, and that I'd be willing to continue to pay £39 even though the tariff would be cheaper for new customers. They said "No". But I can, they add, move to 10GB a month for £46 - half of the data for significantly more money.

This is contrast to the previous months where they were upgrading existing 4G customers to their improved data plans free of charge.

I'm left shell-shocked.

Hixx

lmao everyone sticking the boot into Paolo these last few weeks from inside the club.

He's gone a month and you's still haven't won you gutless CUNTS including a 4-0 drubbing to a team who had scored 3 goals in their last 6 home games you fucking bellends

I dislike this current squad more than even the 15 pointers as at least they fucking tried. They had a quarter the talent of the current group but gave so much more.

Arnie

This is contrast to the previous months where they were upgrading existing 4G customers to their improved data plans free of charge.

I'm left shell-shocked.

Do you have any email correspondence indicating that they did agree to let you upgrade? Are calls monitored for training purposes? If so you're absolutely holding all the cards.

feel

Man I forgot I still have my Welbeck avatar up. Anyone has any idea what I should put.
I assume you are anti-United because of the ironic avatar of a terrible Utd player, so to continue mocking United google search an image of a dinning table (with a red tablecloth that looks like last year's Utd kit would be great) then zoom in on the exact middle of it and make that your avatar.

GorillaJu

So did the clocks in the UK get set back? Just wanna make sure I need to adjust my own schedule for it since we don't change them in Japan.

Arnie

So did the clocks in the UK get set back? Just wanna make sure I need to adjust my own schedule for it since we don't change them in Japan.

Aye. The extra hour in bed was GREAT.

Can't fucking fathom how we have to adjust time and you don't, though. Not even going to try.

Buying a new pair of desert boots today (my old ones are fucked and 'orrid), and I'm tempted to pay the £6 for next day delivery, if the other alternative is tubing both ways to Oxford Street to pick them up. Makes sense, right? Can't wait 3 or 4 days with my current shoe situation. All my pairs are sweaty and disgusting.

Aye. The extra hour in bed was GREAT.

Can't fucking fathom how we have to adjust time and you don't, though. Not even going to try.

Buying a new pair of desert boots today (my old ones are fucked and 'orrid), and I'm tempted to pay the £6 for next day delivery, if the other alternative is tubing both ways to Oxford Street to pick them up. Makes sense, right? Can't wait 3 or 4 days with my current shoe situation. All my pairs are sweaty and disgusting.
Do it.

The 'extra' hour sleep is only relative to the first couple of days as your body adjusts to new sleeping patterns. Now, you'll stay up an hour extra, so eventually you won't notice the "extra" hour sleep

Arnie

OKAY

Heading out for a scran at the cafe before the match. Not cooking when there's a storm afoot, need all my cupboards fully stocked for the impeding apocalypse.

The 'extra' hour sleep is only relative to the first couple of days as your body adjusts to new sleeping patterns. Now, you'll stay up an hour extra, so eventually you won't notice the "extra" hour sleep
Stop fucking shitting on my parade, yea.

ijD0930JGZX9Z.gif

:lol just noticed Kolo in that gif

Top Bottom