• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Chelsea won't sell to a La Liga club either.

Athletico wouldn't offer enough, he's not big name like Real go for (perhaps they will go for Hart, they love signing English players) and Barce we'd never sell to either. He's guaranteed to be Cech's replacement for 10+ years.

I'm not concerned, we wouldn't agree to a sale at the end of the season and Barce will be looking for someone long-term. Plus Barce won't have enough money after spunking it on Neymar and they need to buy 3 new defenders as well.

Mou wanted him at the club this season too but he didn't want to sit on the bench which is fair enough.

I'm not worried either, I did say worst case is we sell to La Liga, but I do also believe he will end up staying at Chelsea, but i'm convinced he won't go to another PL club that's for sure.

Pls post this on gaming side.

I want to see meltdowns.

The demo at the GAME lock ins is very old and not the same as the one used for the Xbox One Tours (which I went to and it ran flawlessly), not sure theres a story there.

When I was at Eurogamer playing AC4 on PS4 someones near me crashed, it happens.

So I've only just noticed there's a huge influx of Space-Sim games on Steam, although most of them are Early Access games. I've always wanted a Space-Sim that I can understand and play! Hopefully one of them is up my novice street, anyone have any recommendations to check out? I've been looking at Kerbal Space Program, Take on Mars, Kinetic Void, Starpoint Gemini 2 so far. I really want to find something that is easily approachable because I really do suck at games.

LTWheels

From the Mirror:

Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge has revealed how sessions with top sports shrink Steve Peters have made him a success for club and country.

The England star admits he was reluctant to see the Red's club psychologist, who has previously worked with Britain's top cyclists and Olympic athletes.

But he has thanked boss Brendan Rodgers for sending him for sessions on Peters' couch, which have led to an outstanding start to the season.

Sturridge, who netted his seventh league goal of the season so far in the 2-2 draw at Newcastle on Saturday , said: "Mentally Brendan Rodgers has helped me out a lot.

"I've been working with Steve Peters, who has helped me off the field too. That was the manager's advice. I didn't really want to see him but I think it has helped me a lot.

"The manager said to me when I signed that the only thing that's stopping me is what's between my ears. If I can believe in myself and not worry about the past and be totally focused on the job, I will see the rewards.

"I'd have to say Brendan Rodgers is one of the most influential people I've had in my career."

Like with Bellamy:

But the change in his attitude is not merely a case of an older, more wiser Bellamy. It is, he says, thanks to Steve Peters, who came into his life 16 months ago.

This is the psychiatrist Bellamy went to after the death of his former team-mate Gary Speed and then Wales manager who he has described as an “idol”. And while he refuses to discuss Speed’s death — “it’s something personal to me” — he is happy to talk about Peters, who has helped other sports stars such as multiple Olympic cycling champions Sir Chris Hoy and Victoria Pendleton.

“He introduced me to a new world about enjoying who I am and looking at the positive parts of life, instead of beating yourself up and putting yourself into situations that you end up regretting. So you have to look back and say, yeah, I’ve had a great career, I’ve worked so hard to get where I have, why obsess about injuries, about certain situations that you have no control over? Why let that destroy your life?”

Do you guys remember when Andrew Johnston played for Palace? He had an insane amount of goals from penalty spot. What happened to him anyway? He was pretty good

Do you guys remember when Andrew Johnston played for Palace? He had an insane amount of goals from penalty spot. What happened to him anyway? He was pretty good

He was at Everton, then Fulham now QPR, almost went back to Palace in the summer (Might have played for other teams than just those 3 but they are all I can remember)

Zabojnik

So I've only just noticed there's a huge influx of Space-Sim games on Steam, although most of them are Early Access games. I've always wanted a Space-Sim that I can understand and play! Hopefully one of them is up my novice street, anyone have any recommendations to check out? I've been looking at Kerbal Space Program, Take on Mars, Kinetic Void, Starpoint Gemini 2 so far. I really want to find something that is easily approachable because I really do suck at games.

None of these games strike me as partiularly easy to get into. Are you looking for proper space-sims (you in the cockpit, pew-pew action) or space games that are more on the strategic side?

dc89

Oh boy has listening to Man City and watching
them lose sent me into a fucking huge rant.
Reasons why I fucking hate Man City, and I'm
actually gonna sit here and think this through, here
we go;
- You spend £100m on players.
- You spend over £500m in 5 seasons.
- You claim the power in Manchester has shifted.
- You say you have the best team on the planet.
- You say Pellergrini is a top manager when you
were singing about him in the cup final slagging
him off.
- You sing to Chelsea where were you when you
were shit, yet you done the exact same thing in
football.
- You claim Joe Hart is better than De Gea even
though he just cocked up for the 1500 time this
year.
- You can't beat a big team without Kompany.
- You sing about Phil Jones whilst he's getting
England caps, playing for United & being tipped to
be future England captain.

- You sign players like Jack Rodwell, Scott Sinclair &
Richard Wright.
- You ruin players careers.
- Your manager looks like a nutsack.
- You sell all your young talents to splash cash on
current players.
- Your fans are shite.
- You can't fill a pub never mind the Etihad.
- Your stadium sold out ONCE, and it was a good
gig by Robbie Williams.
- You have about 2 legends in your history.
- You're only here because of money.
- You bought the league.
- Your burgers are a fucking rip off.
- The Moon isn't even fucking blue.
- You have a new squad every season.
- You claim your 1 title was better than our 13
because of the way you won it, not that we done
the exact same in the Champions League final or
anything.
- You sack any manager that doesn't win anything.
- You claim Old Trafford is a poor ground when
infact it has a 5* rating from Uefa where as the
only 5* thing about the Etihad is how clean it is,
because no one fucking goes.

- You're from Stockport.
- You claim to be a big club, no, Arsenal United &
Liverpool are the 3 biggest clubs in England.
- Nottingham Forest are bigger than you.
- Your fans are homosexuals.
- You sacked Joe Royle after he got your club out
of a mess.
- You stole the Poznan and claimed you done it first
when infact Poznan & Celtic have been doing it for
a long time.
- You get rejected by real talents, Kaka & Van
Persie to name a few.
- You claim we buy the league when in 5 seasons
you've already spent more than Sir Alex ever did in
26 years.
- The only treble you will ever see is ours.
- You mock Munich yet a Manchester City fellow
was on that plane and died.
- You take Bananas to your ground, what the fuck
for?
- Your Women are shocking.
- The 6-1 defeat is the only derby day memorabilia
you have ever had.
- You took 100,000 people to your FIRST Premier
League title parade where as after the 13th time
Man United still turn up with 750,000 to see the
parade.
- I just don't like you.
Man United make their worst start for 20+ years,
change our manager for the first time in 27 years,
we're sitting in 8th. Now we are still only 2 points
off Man City whilst they sit in 7th.
You will NEVER over take Man United and that my
little blue spunk bubbles, is a FACT!

https://www.facebook.com/ManUtd.Til.lDie/posts/736913986323698

#dead

Clegg

Found footage of Joe Hart as a kid

kwUR5ri.gif

None of these games strike me as partiularly easy to get into. Are you looking for proper space-sims (you in the cockpit, pew-pew action) or space games that are more on the strategic side?

'Space-Sim' may have been the wrong word to use. I'm interested more in the games that deal with space-exploration and travelling to planets, rather than any 'space-combat' or the like.

Top Bottom