• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

iKtflx3UGPmdj.gif

When I played that game I just felt like it was saying this to me over and over

0347_ayh2.gif

We should play that together, all of believe FC, we could create some fraud company.

Broken would find a way of fucking it up :p

This would be Broken in his semi awake state.

One pilot's mistake leads to massive battle in EVE Online

Every once in a while I have people who don't play EVE Online ask me about something major that happened in the game. This past weekend, I have had a lot people asking me about the Battle of Asakai, in which one pilot's simple mistake led to over 3,000 players being called into one system to fight.

EVE's wild frontier allows players to do anything they want. And in the Battle of Asakai, they wanted to blow lots of things up.

A simple operation went horribly wrong when a Titan pilot from the ClusterFuck Coalition (CFC) clicked the wrong button. Instead of warping his fleet to his location, he warped himself alone into the territory of the Pandemic Legion (PL). PL had a prime target with a solo Titan so they began the assault. CFC didn't want to lose their Titan, so they called for back-up, and the reinforcements started to come in droves. Many EVE players use messaging services like IRC, Jabber, or even their cell phones to always be on call when things like this happen.

Pilots called in their corporations to help out, and then entire alliances began to show up. PL is a part of the HoneyBadger Coalition, and they decided that they would also rally their forces to the fight. Something like this can be a good excuse to blast someone you don't like. If anyone had a grudge against someone, this was a good time to join the opposing side. It's sort of like how everyone got involved in World War II. Allies called on allies and some people just hated Germany so they joined in the war.

In the Battle of Asakai, 717,033,768,274 ISK worth of ships were destroyed -- or $24,921.30, converted to US currency.Let that figure sink in for a second. This killboard shows every ship that players lost. A total of 3,161 players from 262 alliances consisting of 715 corporations were involved in the battle. The most amazing part is that no one planned on this happening; people started calling in their friends and allies to help them out, and it just kept escalating.

http://www.destructoid.com/one-pilot-s-mistake-leads-to-massive-battle-in-eve-online-243509.phtml

Suen

Milan fell, next it should be a win against Genoa and finally it's time for the next empire, the Juve Empire, to fall in our arena. Juve fans, Parma train is coming in full speed and it's not stopping.

The only thing worse than talent shows like X Factor on tv is these new fucking baking shows. Why the fuck is 1/5 of the population of countries watching people bake cakes, you fucking weirdos.

Hotlinking to gifs, footyGAF never learns lol

:lol. I didn't even realise it was on sale at the moment. I should play it some time.

It takes a long fucking time to understand, I would be up for it sometime. We could always do the free 14 days trial or however long it is, I have played through the tutorials before and it seems awesome, just also complicated to an insane level.

Hindle

Banned
5 of the 8 games Spurs have played have seen them be average. Yet, they're 3 points away from the top. Is this a sign of champions or incompetence considering the money they've spent?

Suen

Man Torres is so fucking good this season that he flew back to Madrid after the game just to score a goal in the first minute for Atletico. Amazing player

jtb

Banned
5 of the 8 games Spurs have played have seen them be average. Yet, they're 3 points away from the top. Is this a sign of champions or incompetence considering the money they've spent?

neither? seems like they're performing as expected. I don't know why everyone makes this huge deal out of Spurs spending 100m over the summer; they also sold their only world class player over the summer too (for, as fate would have it, around 100m!). and the summer before that, they also lost their best player. you add in eight (?) players, it's always going to take some time to click—and if they're picking up the points during that transitional period, then I'd be pretty concerned about how good they could be potentially later in the season.

Its a result of dodgy penalty decisions. Which of the big teams have they played this season? Lost to Arsenal, drew with us, have they played any of City, United, Liverpool, Everton yet?

Mou made a great decision to loan Lukaku to Everton, he will make Kaboul look like Bramble.

Take that back.

I really don't get the appeal. The talent shows I can kind of understand the fun of in the first rounds when some people with mild downs shows up and sing terribly, yes we can laugh at them, ha ha, they are terrible and we can feel good about not being dumb enough to get up there ourselves, I get that and it's funny when some asshole judge makes fun of them. Then we go on to the next stage where people who are supposed to have talent and it's either cover songs, of which you would probably rather just listen to the real songs anyway or some people who has too little talent to break through on their own now trying their shit songs on national tv.

Bake a fucking cake TV is even weirder though, it makes you hungry as fuck, what's the point of that.

Arnie

Fuck the Great British Wank Off and the nonces who watch it.

Fucking peculiar spenks. If you really appreciate baking so much go and fucking do it, it's not like high level football where you need a certain amount of people and the facilities. You've all got a kitchen and a baking tray, stop sitting around on your arse watching someone bake.

dc89

Fucking peculiar spenks. If you really appreciate baking so much go and fucking do it, it's not like high level football where you need a certain amount of people and the facilities. You've all got a kitchen and a baking tray, stop sitting around on your arse watching someone bake.

ARNOLD! I can bake. What would you like?

I need a vial of Moyes Boyes tears for a new recipe.

Fuck Roma. Lucky bastards. Michael Bradley though <3

And FUCK ALLEGRI. At least he confirmed that Honda is coming in January. But honestly, I feel bad that Honda has to play under that stupid cunt for half a season. Knowing Max, he will play Birsa instead of Honda.

Mastadon

Banned

How does it feel to not have a soul, Arnie?

Top Bottom