• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BXnQXbPIYAA22Nd.jpg

Great game today and a very important 3 points. Man City are an excellent team but they play dirty, their method of stopping counter attacks by fouling everyone does get annoying but I guess we could have done better on set pieces.
I was really glad for Torres and he got an excellent reception from the fans. I think the biggest difference this season is simply his fitness. He has the stamina to run for 90 mins, the strength to compete in the air and most importantly the acceleration so that when he knocks the ball past a player he can actually run onto it. This is subsequently helping his confidence.
A draw was probably the fair result because Silva and Aguero were excellent but mistakes in big games are often decisive.

The demo at the GAME lock ins is very old and not the same as the one used for the Xbox One Tours (which I went to and it ran flawlessly), not sure theres a story there.

When I was at Eurogamer playing AC4 on PS4 someones near me crashed, it happens.

Yup, AC4 crashed twice on me at Eurogamer. After they got it running again, the controller stopped responding every 10 seconds. I just said fuck it and went to play Wolfenstein instead.

Arnie

6 goals and 2 assists so far in all competitions. He's not set the world on fire but as the team gels he will get better. None of the top teams have made as many changes as we have this season and we are still right up there.

In fairness to us we've changed our backline and our goalkeeper, and added attacking players whilst completely switching our formation. And compare Soldado to a Sturridge, or a Michu, a Giroud, or even a Negredo and he looks like a very poor buy.

That we went in with such a seemingly exorbitant bid for Costa during the summer makes me extremely happy with our scouting department. Everyone sneered at the prospective deal, including me, but now it looks like it would've been a very good one. And a very shrewd one.

Hopefully we're still knocking around the top spots come January and we can start offering footballing promises as well as financial ones.

Fergie

Banned
Great game today and a very important 3 points. Man City are an excellent team but they play dirty, their method of stopping counter attacks by fouling everyone does get annoying but I guess we could have done better on set pieces.
I was really glad for Torres and he got an excellent reception from the fans. I think the biggest difference this season is simply his fitness. He has the stamina to run for 90 mins, the strength to compete in the air and most importantly the acceleration so that when he knocks the ball past a player he can actually run onto it. This is subsequently helping his confidence.
A draw was probably the fair result because Silva and Aguero were excellent but mistakes in big games are often decisive.
Dat name.

Tc91

Bluemoon:
That is what you get for not fucking joe hart off the minute he decided he was bigger than the club.

Joe hart is nothing but a cunt. A CUNT. A fucking useless, billy big bollocks cunt.

Billy big bollocks cunt.

ibaTzJapWl6lSO.gif

Billy Big Bollocks

Joe Hart... is that you? pls explain what happened today Joe.

feel

Fair result. The better team won. Porto is miles ahead of every other team in the league.
Good game. I hope you don't let today's slightly disappointing display get to you and keep up the good work you've been doing this season, I love seeing Sporting as a contender again.

FootballFan

PSG don't really have style of play, do they?

Yes, they do.

Judging a team/player from one match just doesn't work.

Whether it's people saying PSG are the real deal and Ibra is the best player in the world(lol) after Anderlecht, or whether it's saying PSG have no style and are a bad team after losing to some random team in the league.

Mastadon

Banned
I love how every year a 3rd Spanish team pops up and starts playing gorgeous football.

2011/12 - Bilbao
2012/13 - Sociadad
2013/14 - Atleti

Shame all their best players will invariably get poached at the end of the season.

TeegsD

Good game. I hope you don't let today's slightly disappointing display get to you and keep up the good work you've been doing this season, I love seeing Sporting as a contender again.

Yeah, we cant let this get to us. We just need to work on what we did wrong today and get everyone ready for Benfica in two weeks

Arnie

I love how every year a 3rd Spanish team pops up and starts playing gorgeous football.

2011/12 - Bilbao
2012/13 - Sociadad
2013/14 - Atleti

Shame all their best players will invariably get poached at the end of the season.

Aye, when Brendan goes in with Henry's chequebook and supplements his new fitness regime with a Diet Koke.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
PSG has the most overrated players of all time

Lavezzi
Pastore
Luca Moura
Thiago Motta
Marquinhos
Maxwell
Menez
Alex
Van der Wiel
Verratti (I love you baby, but you ain't Pirlo or even Pogba)
and to a lesser extent, the big man Ibra.

dc89

Billy Big Bollocks

Joe Hart... is that you? pls explain what happened today Joe.

:LOOOOOOOL

Bumhead

Banned

I've spent the last 12 years watching Championship and League One football and I have never seen anything as utterly shambolic as this on a football pitch.

Mickey mouse team, mickey mouse league, and not for the first time this season they've cost me some money. Fucking TWATS.

EDIT: Now score a third you shuffers.

Mastadon

Banned
Aye, when Brendan goes in with Henry's chequebook and supplements his new fitness regime with a Diet Koke.

Fuck it, let's get Oliver Torres. We'll need a new Spanish foetus to wank over. Suso will seamlessly slot in to the first team on his return next year, and it just wouldn't be appropriate anymore.

PSG has the most overrated players of all time

Lavezzi
Pastore
Luca Moura
Thiago Motta
Marquinhos
Maxwell
Menez
Alex
Van der Wiel
Verratti (I love you baby, but you ain't Pirlo or even Pogba)
and to a lesser extent, the big man Ibra.

Pastore is a God and isn't overrated until he get his Ballon D'or... and who really rates Alex at this age? and who the fuck ever rated Van der Wiel?

Top Bottom