• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

3Sixty

He got it absolutely right today to be fair to him. Right first XI (in hindsight, I thought it was fucking shocking when I first heard) and his subs were spot on, all of them.

He'll probably keep you up.

But he is a massive, massive cunt and will rot the club from inside out.

Salvadora

That wouldn't be surprising as Wenger is much more intellectual.

It would focus more on his motivations and philosophy rather than debating whether or not Gerrard is a top, top player.

Elchele

Milan should hire him. A Petke who doesn't speak the language of his players is better than a fluent Allegri.

Petke.gif

Lightning

Banned
That wouldn't be surprising as Wenger is much more intellectual.

It would focus more on his motivations and philosophy rather than debating whether or not Gerrard is a top, top player.
I would love to read Wenger's one when it eventually comes out after he's gone. It will be magnificent given all that he's done for our club, how our club was when he arrived, the style of football we played, and how he transformed our club.

Timurid

I had feeling PSG will choke today. Yurt's salty posts made me laugh especially the overrated posts. I'll watch the match when I get back from work. Thank god for DVR.

Also, Olivia Wilde is pregnant. Sorry messi unless pregnant women are your thing.

Elchele

A month and two days for the PS4 release. BRING IT

Will buy Januzaj and never use him, hope the career mode doesn't suck that much

Clegg

Apparently Arsenal approached Fellaini and Cuadrado in the summer. Reports in Italy suggest they'll be back in for the Fiorentina man.

“In the days after that [Champions League 2011 Final] loss I began taking a serious look at the coaching in our academy. Gary Neville, Paul Scholes and I exchanged a lot of opinions. I looked at appointing another technical coach to the academy. Our club was always capable of producing great players and Barcelona’s next wave were not better than ours. No way. Thiago was on a par with Welbeck and Cleverley but there was no fear about the rest of theirs coming through.”

Clegg

Tbf apart from Thiago, there aren't any other young Barca players coming through that make you think they'll definitely be regulars for the first team. Sergi Roberto barely gets a kick. Deulofeu was shipped out on loan and has yet to really impress either.

K1LLER7

Tbf apart from Thiago, there aren't any other young Barca players coming through that make you think they'll definitely be regulars for the first team. Sergi Roberto barely gets a kick. Deulofeu was shipped out on loan and has yet to really impress either.
They'll find it very difficult to produce another batch like Xavi/Iniesta/Messi/Cesc.

Just like United never produced another batch like Scholes/Giggs/Beckham.

Elchele

Barcelona ruined everything when they changed administration.

Bayern look ready to take their place now, specially if Sammer-Uli-Rummenigge stay as part of the board.

I'm pretty sure Erik Ten Hag (Bayern II coach) is meant to be Pep's successor. And he actually looks even more prepared than Guardiola. Good planning for the future, good coach incoming and lots of young talents. And the first team is already full of young talents too

Salvadora

I was under the impression that Deulofeu was very well regarded and was loaned to Everton to aid his development.

Arsenal are poaching all Barcelona's promising youngsters anyway. Like sharks innit.

Elchele

Barcelona are still producing talent, but they need to start promoting and using the young players like they did under Guardiola.

For example buying Song was a really weird decision.

K1LLER7

Heynckes' 4-2-3-1 is where it's at.
Fuck Pep

I really don't like Pep's boring tactics, pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-cross-pass-pass-cross again-goal
Take Moyes ;P

Heynckes' Bayern had everything last season. They were brilliant on the counter and even in possesion. The way they pressed in the game vs Barca was amazing too.

3Sixty

Dail Fail so take with handfull of salt.

Luke Shaw and Kieran Gibbs are set to be given the chance to stake their claims for a World Cup place next summer.

Leighton Baines has now ousted Ashley Cole as England's first choice left back.

And England manager Roy Hodgson is considering whether it is better to take a younger No 3 as understudy to Brazil than Cole, who has been capped 105 times by England and represents the past not the future.

Both Shaw and Gibbs could be given playing time in the forthcoming friendlies against Chile and Germany. Shaw will also be a target for Manchester United in January if the club fail in their second attempt to lure Baines from Everton.

Elchele

Heynckes' Bayern had everything last season. They were brilliant on the counter and even in possesion. The way they pressed in the game vs Barca was amazing too.

Yes, I think his tactics were already ahead of what Pep could bring to the table. Don't know if a team will ever play as good football as Heynckes' Bayern, the team always knew what to do with the ball. And it somehow was possession based but still very fast and direct.

Pep is very hyped for what he did in Barcelona, but even if he's as talented as people claim, he has barely any experience compared to Heynckes or any "big" coach so he's somewhat limited. Everything is new to him, all he knew was Barcelona. And obviously what he learned in Barcelona is what he's applying here.

But I guess that's what the board wanted. So I hope it works out.

Salvadora

They'll find it very difficult to produce another batch like Xavi/Iniesta/Messi/Cesc.

Just like United never produced another batch like Scholes/Giggs/Beckham.
Look at the diversity in age with Barcelona's group of players, they weren't all produced at the same time.

We currently have two ex-Barcelona midfielders who are very highly rated in our academy. I've read pieces full of praise for current young Barcelona players, and how they are highly sought after around Europe. They've got one of the best teams in the world, so it's difficult for any youngsters to break through there. Especially considering they seem to only produce midfielders!

Top Bottom