• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Bumhead

Banned
I don't think I've ever been this angry.

Maybe it was the last time I backed this shambolic football team with my hard earned.

Or maybe it was yesterday when 10 man Millwall equalised against Reading.

2 days. 2 accumulators. 2 draws ruin everything.

Splatt

Sorry Bum : /

I try to avoid Ligue 1 and Eredivisie. Odds on favorites like PSV, PSG, Ajax etc. are pretty bad for teams that have no consistency.

Yeah, we cant let this get to us. We just need to work on what we did wrong today and get everyone ready for Benfica in two weeks

I think the players seemed a bit nervous today. We are a young team that is doing far better than anyone expected. We lost the most difficult match of the season, there´s nothing to be ashamed about. At least we´ve already faced our 3 toughest opponents, 2 of them on their turfs.

Bumhead

Banned
Sorry Bum : /

I try to avoid Ligue 1 and Eredivisie. Odds on favorites like PSV, PSG, Ajax etc. are pretty bad for teams that have no consistency.

I think it was you who told me this before, and I avoided them for a while but for some reason went back to them today.

Definitely drawing a line under them now.

I've had a lot of luck recently on really obscure corner betting. Under 11 corners seems to be a bit of a golden bet for me at the minute so I might just stick to that.

Clegg

The Guardian's description on Chelsea's second goal.

Then came Nastasic's rush of blood and Torres' moment of glory: this time, the Spaniard really does feel back to his best.

Glossing over Hart's errors yet again.

I feel for St. Etienne there. Zouma too. Impressive 2nd half, and they concede with his first mistake of the game. He had the beating of Zlatan in the air but jumped slightly too early which left Ruffier with no time to adjust. A performance to be proud of overall though.

France really are set with he and Varane. Digne at LB too.

Matuidi! Now THAT's a player!

He still hasn't signed a new deal. Some lucky team could get him on a free. I'd imagine United and Chelsea will be watching that situation closely...

Splatt

I think it was you who told me this before, and I avoided them for a while but for some reason went back to them today.

Definitely drawing a line under them now.

I've had a lot of luck recently on really obscure corner betting. Under 11 corners seems to be a bit of a golden bet for me at the minute so I might just stick to that.

That's a good one. I got some quick cash going with that tip on the El Clasico. I also watch European basketball, so if you need some info on Euroleague, I'd be happy to provide.

Sometimes, if I'm unsure of teams quality I just bet on them scoring 1 or 2 goals. You can find some good odds on that, like Hertha yesterday for example.

Elchele

BXnAKZCIAAAkSHN.jpg

Looks like creep gaf are into football now

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He still hasn't signed a new deal. Some lucky team could get him on a free. I'd imagine United and Chelsea will be watching that situation closely...
Free? Lol, no wonder we sent our scouts to watch him.

And you asked earlier about Di Marzio, right? He's very reliable.

Messi

I love how every year a 3rd Spanish team pops up and starts playing gorgeous football.

2011/12 - Bilbao
2012/13 - Sociadad
2013/14 - Atleti

Shame all their best players will invariably get poached at the end of the season.

Atletico were the same last year

Fuck a covering defender, Garcia has no idea where the ball was, he was aiming for Torres and elbowed him, how that is only a yellow I have no idea.

Blatant and dirty, just like Aguero did in the FA Cup to Luiz.

Walshy

It gets worse each time you see it. Shocking from Hart.

Nothing wrong with what Nastastic did. Complete lack of communication from his keeper.

Alan Green didn't even mention Hart as being at fault in the commentary its like some people just ignore his blatant shiteness

I still don't know what Hart is going to do even if he gets there the ball was too low to head from his angle it would have hit him around chest height

K1LLER7

Torres was immense today.

Seems like he has a bit of his pace back. Not quite back yet though.

Aguero's goal was class too. Cech wasn't expecting the shot.

Clegg

Alan Green didn't even mention Hart as being at fault in the commentary its like some people just ignore his blatant shiteness

I still don't know what Hart is going to do even if he gets there the ball was too low to head from his angle it would have hit him around chest height

Did you see the quote I posted from the Guardian's match report?

Then came Nastasic's rush of blood and Torres' moment of glory: this time, the Spaniard really does feel back to his best.

Randdalf

Who let Sunderland and Newcastle wear those kits in the same game? I realise that the socks are different, but it's still hard at a glance to tell them apart.

Top Bottom