• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

FuturusX

That wouldn't be surprising as Wenger is much more intellectual.

It would focus more on his motivations and philosophy rather than debating whether or not Gerrard is a top, top player.

Fergie really has embarrassed himself, no question.

Wenger has at least 2 books in him post retirement. His autobiography and a book dedicated to the 'Invincibles'

I'd read those books.

Zabojnik

Apparently Arsenal approached Fellaini and Cuadrado in the summer. Reports in Italy suggest they'll be back in for the Fiorentina man.

Another brilliant player (Cuadrado) we want to, but won't be able to sign solely because he plays for fucking Fiorentina. Fuck our collective lives.

Zabojnik

God, if we beat you at Merdentus Stadium, words can't describe that feeling. I should stop hyping myself up... :(

Stranger things have happened in football, like us winning a CL final, so there's hope yet.
U gonna get raped at the Samsung Arena.

Some of the comments in that blackface halloween costume thread, jeez. Sometimes I seriously wish I didn't live in such a racially uniform society, so I would have a better understanding of the intricacies of white on black / black on white racism. I don't know a single black person. :(

kharma45

I really enjoyed it too. That scene didn't bother me as much but only that
they showed that Khan had healing blood so putting two and two together wasn't that hard. Thus removing any shock from that scene.

At least in Wrath of Khan
Spock was really dead
, in STiD
Kirk's sacrifice meant nothing as he was revived 10 mins later by the obvious plot device
and as you say removed any shock from it.

At least in Wrath of Khan
Spock was really dead
, in STiD
Kirk's sacrifice meant nothing as he was revived 10 mins later by the obvious plot device
and as you say removed any shock from it.

It's a modern film innit, lots of joking and an easy plot to follow. I guess bad plot is a feature not a flaw :p

XEBIo0x.jpg

Yen

Michel Platini calls for 40-team World Cup starting with Russia 2018
• Move would combat Blatter plan to reduce European teams
• Fifa and Uefa want more African and Asian countries at finals

The Uefa president, Michel Platini, wants to increase the number of teams competing in the World Cup finals from 32 to 40, starting in 2018. Platini, prompted by the Fifa president Sepp Blatter's desire to cut the number of European teams involved in the finals in favour of Africa and Asia, said his proposal would extend the tournament by only three days and would be "good for everybody".

Platini told the Times: "I totally agree with Mr Blatter that we need more African and Asian [countries]. But instead of taking away some European, we have to go to 40 teams. We can add two African, two Asiatic, two American, one Oceania and one from Europe."

Platini said the finals would grow to eight groups of five. "Football is changing … we have 209 associations, so why reduce? Make more people happy."

Platini's proposal comes amid increased tension with Blatter before the next Fifa presidential election in 2015. Asked what the Fifa president made of the idea, Platini said: "I haven't told him yet."

Zabojnik

War has changed.

It's not about nations, or ideologies.
It's not even about profit, resources, or ethnicity.

It's an endless series of proxy battles,
fought by mercenaries and machines.

War, and its vast consumption of human life,
has become a rational, well-oiled business transaction.

War has changed.

FootballFan

Andres Iniesta's wife is pregnant again, this time with a boy.

Don Andres #2 is coming.

Now we have baby Messi, baby Iniesta soon, baby Pique.

Xavi pls.

All this Xbone drama is more interesting than the actual games either of the consoles has to offer... and it's free!

I just sit back and read those threads, then laugh.

People quoting those blogs as any sort of evidence/leak...hahah

FootballFan

War has changed.

It's not about nations, or ideologies.
It's not even about profit, resources, or ethnicity.

It's an endless series of proxy battles,
fought by mercenaries and machines.

War, and its vast consumption of human life,
has become a rational, well-oiled business transaction.

War has changed.

I don't know what's more fascinating, that everyone's got this grand idea of consoles like it's going to change their lives or that the best is yet to come?

What is happening with MGS guys. Tell me.

The age of deterrence has become the age of control...
All in the name of averting catastrophe from weapons of mass destruction.
And he who controls the battlefield... Controls history.

War has changed. When the battlefield is under total control...
...War becomes routine.

What is happening with MGS guys. Tell me.

The age of deterrence has become the age of control...
All in the name of averting catastrophe from weapons of mass destruction.
And he who controls the battlefield... Controls history.

War has changed. When the battlefield is under total control...
...War becomes routine.

It's dead Jim. I don't know if I should be excited for MGS V or not. I want Kojima craziness, not Kojima's Metal Splinter Gear Cell :(

Top Bottom