• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

L1NETT

Storm missed us in here in brum. Hope you are all aright wherever you are folks. Apparently it is right bad down south,

Anyways, has avb recieved any fallout from those daft comments bout the fans. Slagging off your own fans is never smart.

Salvadora

Storm missed us in here in brum. Hope you are all aright wherever you are folks. Apparently it is right bad down south,

Anyways, has avb recieved any fallout from those daft comments bout the fans. Slagging off your own fans is never smart.
I sort of wish Wenger would say something about the atmosphere at the Emirates.

image-1-the-career-of-everton-fc-manager-david-moyes-in-pictures-pics-pa-photos-and-trinity-mirror-archive-850968245.jpg

Your gif has a point.

With all the problems the Xbox One has, do you guys think that it might be a better idea if Microsoft delay the console by a few months to make everything work smoothly and quickly as possible?

They will lose a lot of sales to Sony, but if I were Microsoft, I'd be extremely worried. It looks like a mess.

Hixx

With all the problems the Xbox One has, do you guys think that it might be a better idea if Microsoft delay the console by a few months to make everything work smoothly and quickly as possible?

They will lose a lot of sales to Sony, but if I were Microsoft, I'd be extremely worried. It looks like a mess.

A delay would hurt them more. A lot of pre-orders would switch to PS4.

L1NETT

It's not like the Ps4 is going to have a buttery smooth launch either. Both consoles are going to have issues, and for me getting either of them at launch is a mistake.

Salvadora

No, they would lose vital mindshare to the PS4.

I think the Xbox One has a much stronger launch line-up than the PS4 anyway, so that could compensate for the higher price somewhat. I'm sure there is bad news to come out about the PS4 which Sony has so far been able to sweep under the rug.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Just because losing to Parma wasn't enough yesterday, I also sprained my knee during the weekly five a side. Three weeks ago it was a sprained ankle.

I'm just like Pato, but at least I played the rest of the game yesterday and didn't bitch about it while we were playing. Seriously though, I feel really fragile and I'm not sure if I want to play ever again.

Also, fuck Allegri.

luci

milan's website

what r u doin

I find it hard to take the reported issues seriously. That's not to say that I doubt they exist, just that I constantly witness the levels of negativity on this forum and can't help but think every issue is blown up to be orders of magnitude bigger than it really is. This place is basically PS4 land right now where Sony can hardly put a foot wrong, yet look at the reactions to a trivial matter such as no customizable backgrounds on the PS4. I see that and find it hard to believe that the Xbox could really be in as bad a position as it's made out to be on gaming.

That said, console wars and peoples choice of electronics don't whip me up in to frenzy, so maybe I take all the reports too lightly and am in for a rude awakening.

GorillaJu

I find it hard to take the reported issues seriously. That's not to say that I doubt they exist, just that I constantly witness the levels of negativity on this forum and can't help but think every issue is blown up to be orders of magnitude bigger than it really is. This place is basically PS4 land right now where Sony can hardly put a foot wrong, yet look at the reactions to a trivial matter such as no customizable backgrounds on the PS4. I see that and find it hard to believe that the Xbox could really be in as bad a position as it's made out to be on gaming.

That said, console wars and peoples choice of electronics don't whip me up in to frenzy, so maybe I take all the reports too lightly and am in for a rude awakening.

Yes, it's certainly blown way out of proportion. The amount of bugs on all fronts that I deal with in order to enjoy video games extends to Steam as well... I encounter a lot of issues with network connections, games crashing, needing to patch or update things with third party programs or wait for patches for something to become playable. I just deal with it, because there's not much else to do.

System launches are never perfect, and this one won't be any exception. Demanding a good quality experience should be encouraged. Demanding a perfect one, not so much.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

No, because AVB is right. The Tottenham Supporters Trust already put out a statement agreeing with the manager and saying they were working on improving the atmosphere at WHL. It's been a problem ever since we got into the top 4, too many entitled wankers in the stands.

Scum

I think he has a point though. Many fans nowadays don't support anymore. Salva probably complains about the home atmosphere at The Emirates.

L1NETT

I'm not saying that the atmosphere at whl isn't rubbish, my point is that publicly slagging of the fans never ends well and isn't the best way of going about dealing with the problems.

@scum. I agree. But, and I hate to bring it up again but it is because only the fickle idiot fans can afford to get in. The true hardcore thick n thin fans can't get in the ground. You don't have this issue lower down the leagues, aside from crisis clubs. We cheered our team of on sat even though we lost 2-1 at home to wolves. 'twas fucking great.

And wenger would complain about the atmosphere at the emirates if there was one for more than 3 games a season ;p

The Story of a Donkey Who Became a Horse:

That's some great CentreForwarding.

-
@Lucifer
To be fair, I'd be livid too.

I'm much more pissed off at the first half of the game. Regardless of penalties and whatnot, a team that kept Barcelona outside the box a few days earlier shouldn't play like that. Lucarelli and Parolo are far from being even comparable to Messi and Neymar, yet they played a much better game yesterday.

I really don't care about the CL, after all we're in it just for the money, but I do care about the serie A because of the CL. I know that we won't get there this year, but losing points every week or so isn't going to get us to the EL either.

Sure, that was a mistake made by the ref and everything, I'm not denying that. I just think it's for the best to just shut up when we also play like shit.

kharma45

Oh lord so much this. Might as well rename the gaming side PS4 forum instead.

Battlefield 4 in 2 hours time, anyone joining up with some Thailand proxies? Had to get the premium shit while I was at it despite not having the money for it, but it was too good on the mexican store.

pulga

Banned
The Story of a Donkey Who Became a Horse:

That's some great CentreForwarding.

-
@Lucifer
To be fair, I'd be livid too.

Llorente played the best game he's played as a bianconero against Genoa. Shame he couldn't get his goal!

Well fuck.

At least they're buying good players. Buying Kaka and Matri is really messed up. Even though Kaka played great against Barca and Matri scored in the weekend.

They're still buying the cheapest players available, during the summer they had to choose between Ljajic (€8-10m), Honda (€4m) and Kakà (free), and of course went for the less expensive one. Rami and Honda will cost around €750k combined iirc (Honda for free, Rami will be a paid loan), so again we won't see a lot of money thrown around.

After a while you kind of get used to it, sadly.

Suen

Battlefield 4 in 2 hours time, anyone joining up with some Thailand proxies? Had to get the premium shit while I was at it despite not having the money for it, but it was too good on the mexican store.
Pls don't tempt me.

I wish I had time to join :/

Tc91

Where's the cheapest place for BF4 with proxies and what not?

Fergie

Banned
They're still buying the cheapest players available, during the summer they had to choose between Ljajic (€8-10m), Honda (€4m) and Kakà (free), and of course went for the less expensive one. Rami and Honda will cost around €750k combined iirc (Honda for free, Rami will be a paid loan), so again we won't see a lot of money thrown around.

After a while you kind of get used to it, sadly.
Nothing wrong with saving money, but at least they're getting decent players now. Honda is legit.

Top Bottom