• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Any live football on tonight?

Wondering what my new £22 a month Sky Sports subscription bags me during the week. I know there's Brighton vs Watford but not sure if it's on the telly box.

This is the point where you realise that Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays are essentially write-offs for you Sky Sports sub :p

Championship matches on Fridays, occasional matches on Mondays, fuck all on Thursdays :p

pulga

Banned
I can't speak on behalf of everyone, but I can vouch for Lightning. I know he gets a bad rep around here but he's definitely a level-headed Arsenal fan. Maybe too much so.

tumblr_mhufqiVNJP1rfduvxo1_400.gif

Lightning is the worst one out of you lot :lol

Suen

That's exactly what they did, they played for a clean sheet which is fine. We have to get used to it quickly.
I'm still waiting for Soldado to wake up from his true slumber. Those goals are going to start rolling in then. I don't really expect to see the best from Spurs with those new players this season, but next season will be very interesting. Reminds me of how PSG struggled last season, now they are looking much more threatening.

This is the point where you realise that Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays are essentially write-offs for you Sky Sports sub :p

Championship matches on Fridays, occasional matches on Mondays, fuck all on Thursdays :p

Depends if you are WWE fan?

I hope they have NBA rights this year.

Weeknights are for sky movies.

Suen

Wilbrrrr Arsenal are great, best team in the league and we will win against Liverpool with little to no effort lololol. Moyes United will remain a midtable club that won't even reach EL while Arsenal will continue to win against all teams and finally win the league, our season Wilbr, OUR season lolololol.

#Gunners

Fuck this, the square button on my sixaxis doesn't work anymore.

Welp, those ten minutes were good, I wonder when I'll be able to play it again.

For what it's worth, I think Arsenal fans know that we're not gonna win the title this season. It'll be Chelsea or City.

But anything can happen, and it's nice to see us challenging for the title, unlike previous seasons.

Also, I hope the Arsenal fans here are trolling or else I'd have to check you all into a mental institution :p

Bumhead

Banned

God damn. I suppose this week there's Carling Cup.

Maybe there will be some foxy boxing or monkey tennis on.

Salvadora

Suen, if there was a burning building and you could on save one of: Arsenal, Madrid & that Italian club, which would you save?

Which one of your children do you love the most.

GQman2121

Banned
If we draw, Chelsea could go top of the league :/

We can't let that happen.

I'm not concerned with being on top after ten games. You can only respond one game at a time. Every team has dropped points and the top half of the table is tight. Right now you can only ask to to be in the discussion.

We seem to be playing better football as the games begin to pile up. So I'm happy with our current position.

Walshy

For what it's worth, I think Arsenal fans know that we're not gonna win the title this season. It'll be Chelsea or City.

But anything can happen, and it's nice to see us challenging for the title, unlike previous seasons.

Also, I hope the Arsenal fans here are trolling or else I'd have to check you all into a mental institution :p
Don't you think it's too early to see if anyone is challenging for the title yet? Sure, come January if you are still two points clear and on top but the league is too tight to call any challengers yet.

It's exactly why I don't really see Liverpool as challengers yet or Spurs.

Arsenal haven't really played any of the genuine challengers either such as City or Chelsea, the majority of their games excluding Spurs have been outside of the top 8.

bjaelke

Southampton will go all the way. The Lille/Roma of England. Tight defence.

dJT8vvR.gif

Suen

Suen, if there was a burning building and you could on save one of: Arsenal, Madrid & that Italian club, which would you save?

Which one of your children do you love the most.
Parma bro, after the victory against Milan I'd gladly let Arsenal and Madrid burn. Footygaf with pure souls, join this small beautiful club. Now's the right time to do it.

Salva pls, it's like asking me if I would choose to jerk with my left or right hand. The choice of forever using one of them will get the job done in some situations but the choice of two will get it done in ANY situation.

Isn't meant to be that if you compare the same fixtures to last year, Arsenal is actually doing worse this season?

Add the general opinion that United are shit this season and won't finish top 4.

Which seems to get everyone that little more hyped about title aspirations.

Ed- ewww I got a stinker sat in front of me on the bus.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Isn't meant to be that if you compare the same fixtures to last year, Arsenal is actually doing worse this season?

Yes. Although it seems that's the case for pretty much everybody except Spurs and Liverpool.

Salvadora

Yes. Although it seems that's the case for pretty much everybody except Spurs and Liverpool.

Yeah and to be fair Aston Villa and WBA have taken points off other big teams this season too. Props to them, they've been good. Everyone seems more precarious this season anyway. Even if we disregard the results, no one looks like league winners.

Brokenbeans: I think United will comfortably get top four when the chips are down. If they look off the mark at Christmas they will spend big to prevent any drop. More vulnerable, yeah, but still wildly dangerous in attack. They just seem to score with so much more ease compared to most other teams.

Don't you think it's too early to see if anyone is challenging for the title yet? Sure, come January if you are still two points clear and on top but the league is too tight to call any challengers yet.

It's exactly why I don't really see Liverpool as challengers yet or Spurs.

Arsenal haven't really played any of the genuine challengers either such as City or Chelsea, the majority of their games excluding Spurs have been outside of the top 8.

This is true, but you can only beat what's in front of you and we have done really well this season. Yes, we haven't played any of the big teams yet, but the PL is a tough league as you've seen in recent years, anyone can beat anyone in this league.
Except Crystal Palace

Southampton will go all the way. The Lille/Roma of England. Tight defence.

dJT8vvR.gif

Been really, really impressed with Southampton. They remind me of a mini-Dortmund.

Fuck me. Seems that all of Adam Sessler's whinging and drama, a piece of treachory so great that he could be forced to leave the industry, with his wife needing to elaborate on his position like a family member talking about their spouse's suicide attempt was because...wait for it....wait a bit more, its a fucking doozey

his outlet was not greenlit to receive a pre-release PS4, so they'll have to buy one themselves and be a couple of days late with their launch coverage.

Strange, as the vast majority of gaming sites have to buy their own consoles. Entitled twat.

As much of a veteran as Sessler is I'm surprised he's so bothered by this. They buy their own PS2s back then, I guess when you work for G4 someone buys it for you.

Fry

Ugh.

UGH.

Liverpool NEED TO win and not because they would be top of the table, but because some Arsenal fans need to see it happen.

Brokenbeans: I think United will comfortably get top four when the chips are down. If they look off the mark at Christmas they will spend big to prevent any drop. More vulnerable, yeah, but still wildly dangerous in attack. They just seem to score with so much more ease compared to most other teams.

I respect that.

We just gotta keep our heads above water for now are opening fixtures were really tough I think we can get some good form over Christmas.

Just hope the Glazers keep faith, I know I will.

Lightning

Banned
That is true but doesn't gauge where a team is. Our performances this season so far have been much better and last season we dropped points to Sunderland, Stoke, Fulham, Swansea, Norwich, Aston Villa but there is no guarantee that we will do that again this season but we took maximum points off west ham and Newcastle this season we might not. We only got 2 points from Everton last season, this season we might get 6 or 0 you never know.

And no one thinks we're going to win the league. I'm on about progressing as a team, that's what's important to me. Arsenal are 3rd at best a good 10+ points behind I feel.

Salvadora

I respect that.

We just gotta keep our heads above water for now are opening fixtures were really tough I think we can get some good form over Christmas.

Just hope the Glazers keep faith, I know I will.
You should take confidence from every other big team dropping points.

Arsenal lost points to Aston Villa (at home), Spurs to West Ham, Liverpool to Newcastle, City all over the shop. No one is playing particularly well either, except maybe Liverpool recently.
Even the mancs have respect for Liverpool. I wish some Arsenal fans would come off their pedestal.
I would prefer Liverpool to win the league over everyone else after Arsenal.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If this is Wenger's LAST season, then I WANT him to win the league. :(

Brendan there's always next year dude. And besides, I want Borini to get his medal too, mothafucka.

Wait, Tiote bought a clearly fake Beligian driving license, and voluntarily sent it to the DVLA to have it changed to a full British license? Remarkably stupid. Christ.

Fry

And yes, I CAN see Arsenal winning the league.

But not without getting another player or two in January. Preferably a defender.

Honestly, as much as I've shat on Liverpool in the past, they look like a really dangerous team this season.

Sturridge proved that they didn't just need to rely on Suarez and with his return I think they're going to be hard to stop.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well since Melo and jtb are here

I liked Homland's episode! Not a bad season so far!

Suuuure,
E03
the plot twist was semi-stupid but at least the story is going somewhere now.

Top Bottom