• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Lightning

Banned
Dunno man The Chelsea Cup and The PL seems fair game to me.
I don't really care for the capital one cup but I hate losing to Chelsea. I would be good with Ramsey and Ozil playing tomorrow

That game has me so torn. It's best for our club that our first team doesn't play but it's Chelsea. I want to win even if it's just the capital one cup.

panty

It's good to be back.

cunt.gif

valeo

If we wanted to win it we would play our best team but we'll see.

Personally the FA cup is the cup I want us to win. I think we have a great chance in that, especially if our CL group stage sees us go out.

http://www.*****************/sport/...-Emmanuel-Frimpong-sparks-race-tweet-row.html

wtf Frimpong? He basically implied we're a racist club. Prick. Better chance of selection while and English? Wtf is that shit. Not selected because not good enough and a red card waiting to happen.

Frimpong is nuts. Wenger will never play him again.

I don't really care for the capital one cup but I hate losing to Chelsea. I would be good with Ramsey and Ozil playing tomorrow

That game has me so torn. It's best for our club that our first team doesn't play but it's Chelsea. I want to win even if it's just the capital one cup.

Giving how crazy our depth is this season, we can effectively field a fresh team tomorrow and it would still give your first team a good match. As I always say though I go into all match expecting a win so tomorrow will be no different.

Fady K

YESSSSSSSS

<3 Faydee

<3 you Yurt. Epic mega post man. I felt trolled proper, you had me with your response to all those posts haha! I'm not that bad though :p I tend to reply to each and every random quote I mention :p

great avatar :p

I've been yurtified :]

OMG LOOOOOOOOOOOL Freewheeling's avatar OWNS hahahaha

Who's getting Fifa 14 on the PS4 here? I don't want to only play with Jupp.

I am thinking about it - if it isn't a lazy port at least :D OMG 2 WEEKS LEFT!

Lol Meus comment backfire. From looking at the more recent gifs, the PS4 has a lot more going on, while the X1 looks... sharper. This is gonna be an interesting console gen for sure.

"But there's just no AA"
"Turn the sharpness and contrast up then"

http://i.minus.com/ib0gOrDzD8ScKG.gif

or as Meus puts it "you have to really look hard to find any differences, and when you do, the XO stands out as slightly more sharper and colourful."

I am thinking about it - if it isn't a lazy port at least :D OMG 2 WEEKS LEFT!

You lucky ya 3am!

I have to wait until the official release date, where do you usually keep your consoles? I'm just gonna sneak in and try it at night. You won't even notice I was there. :p

Btw, love your avatar. It takes real skill to make an avatr purposefully bad!

Lol Meus comment backfire. From looking at the more recent gifs, the PS4 has a lot more going on, while the X1 looks... sharper. This is gonna be an interesting console gen for sure.

Meus comments in the other thread were pretty funny. Properly reaching.

I see what Microsoft means by using the power of the Cloud. They used all the clouds on that scene to help produce even better and darker graphics (because Nolan thought us with his Batman trilogy that everything is better if it´s darker) while silly Sony lets all those clouds running around freely in the game, not being of any use to anyone.

FootballFan

"But there's just no AA"
"Turn the sharpness and contrast up then"

ib0gOrDzD8ScKG.gif

LoooooooooL

Look at how black it becomes. The arm, dashboard, steering wheel, the black dudes face, they almost become completely black.

edit
Pretty shitty tbh, lower res on xbone with lower average fps. :S And with all dat darkness added to it even.

Lightning

Banned
LoooooooooL

Look at how black it becomes. The arm, dashboard, steering wheel, the black dudes face, they almost become completely black.

edit
Pretty shitty tbh, lower res on xbone with lower average fps. :S
Change your avatar man. I keep thinking your Panty.

Also, now that the clocks changed in the UK it sucks. Games on 8:45am now. That's a shocking time. 6:45 was much more easier to watch games. It's a plus for weekend games but a bummer for midweek games where I have to arrange work around the game and it's hard at that time.

LoooooooooL

edit
Pretty shitty tbh, lower res on xbone with lower average fps. :S And with all dat darkness added to it even.

Really thought you were Panty, this is the kind of comments he writes in whatsapp.

Unless that was your impressions, then bravo!

What's up with this one? The gun is almost completely black on xbox one.

bbt8ewe.png

There are screens of the opposite - it seems that the gun in this image is in shadow as opposed to poor lighting. Similarly there are examples when the frame-rate drops for the PS4 whilst remaining at 60 for the XO footage.

I watched the video - there are barely any differences between the two unless you pause frame by frame and zoom into objects in the background like power lines, for example, or editing screenshots to show that the differences are related to the capture device. In fact, before people began to zoom into screens, there was a divide into which version looked better. To illustrate this, one member even said he had thought the XO looked better until the zoom/enhance/enhance efforts by others to show the "superiority" of the PS4 version.

This in contrast to the expectation many had that the PS4 footage would look dramatically better. It doesn't. The differences are more subtle than early 360/PS3 comparisons. There is nothing here you wouldn't been surprised by after learning of the res differences.

FootballFan

There are screens of the opposite - it seems that the gun in this image is in shadow as opposed to poor lighting.

Hmm I'm not sure about the gun being in a shadow seeing as almost every single comparison is much darker on xbone. Unless in Battlefield 4 on Xbone Anderson is constantly covering the sun.

I'm not really all that fussed about it, PC, as always, looks better already but out of the 2 consoles to me it looks pretty clear the ps4 looks better.

Less jaggies, higher fps even though it has higher resolution, no constant Anderson shadow etc.

There are screens of the opposite - it seems that the gun in this image is in shadow as opposed to poor lighting.

I watched the video - there are barely any differences between the two unless you pause frame by frame and zoom into objects in the background like power lines, for example, or editing screenshots to show that the differences are related to the capture device.

This in contrast to the expectation many had that the PS4 footage would look dramatically better. It doesn't. The differences are more subtle than early 360/PS3 comparisons. There is nothing here you wouldn't been surprised by after learning of the res differences.

You're watching youtube videos mate, doing that doesn't all of a sudden devalue all of the screenshots. The difference in AA is big, way too big, if I count huge contrast as a plus I will go ahead and push it all the way up on my tv.

Actually no I'm not, cause fuck playing BF one any of these consoles, not even the better of them will do 1080p lol, anyway I will fuck back to the BF thread now and stop shitting this thread up with BF comparisons.

There are screens of the opposite - it seems that the gun in this image is in shadow as opposed to poor lighting. Similarly there are examples when the frame-rate drops for the PS4 whilst remaining at 60 for the XO footage.

I watched the video - there are barely any differences between the two unless you pause frame by frame and zoom into objects in the background like power lines, for example, or editing screenshots to show that the differences are related to the capture device. In fact, before people began to zoom into screens, there was a divide into which version looked better. To illustrate this, one member even said he had thought the XO looked better until the zoom/enhance/enhance efforts by others to show the "superiority" of the PS4 version.

yeah, X1 version looks like shit. lower res + more jaggies + darker image + less effects = wankery.

You're watching youtube videos mate, doing that doesn't all of a sudden devalue all of the screenshots. The difference in AA is big, way too big, if I count huge contrast as a plus I will go ahead and push it all the way up on my tv.

Actually no I'm not, cause fuck playing BF one any of these consoles, not even the better of them will do 1080p lol

Point is: when you watch the video, first impressions will be split in terms of which looks better.

It's only when you do enlarged frame-by-frame comparisons do you notice the differences. In motion, the game looks identical on both platforms for the vast majority of the time. In that context, I'm not sure how the actual identified differences - of which there admittedly are - constitute as "way too big".

I'm going to assume that I'm less affluent when it comes to recognising such differences, then. If that is so, then I represent the general market of gamers, and not the hardcore ones, and I'm saying I'd be happy in playing BF4 on Xbox One.

sohois

Point is: when you watch the video, first impressions will be split in terms of which looks better.

It's only when you do enlarged frame-by-frame comparisons do you notice the differences. In motion, the game looks identical on both platforms for the vast majority of the time. In that context, I'm not sure how the actual identified differences - of which there admittedly are - constitute as "way too big".

I'm going to assume that I'm less affluent when it comes to recognising such differences, then. If that is so, then I represent the general market of gamers, and not the hardcore ones, and I'm saying I'd be happy in playing BF4 on Xbox One.

I'm not sure why you're even bothered with these differences Meus, I've never had you down as caring about console wars or any of that shite.

FootballFan

I'm not sure why you're even bothered with these differences Meus, I've never had you down as caring about console wars or any of that shite.

console wars even consume jason raize('75-'04).

If these things were players, PC would of course be Messi, since it does everything better the rest.

But what about ps4/xbone/wiiu?

Sony are Manchester United (Currently we're at the PS3 era under Moyes), great history constant victories and record holders.

Liverpool are Nintendo, everyone have a soft spot for them and enjoy them except their biggest cunt (Iwata and Suarez)

Xbox is Arsenal, it looks the same clearly, I can't see the difference, Ozil will save us. They both sound the same.

Lightning

Banned
Sony are Manchester United (Currently we're at the PS3 era under Moyes), great history constant victories and record holders.

Liverpool are Nintendo, everyone have a soft spot for them and enjoy them except their biggest cunt (Iwata and Suarez)

Xbox is Arsenal
, it looks the same clearly, I can't see the difference, Ozil will save us. They both sound the same.
I HATE XBOX!!

sohois

console wars even consume jason raize('75-'04).

If these things were players, PC would of course be Messi, since it does everything better the rest.

But what about ps4/xbone/wiiu?

Ps4/Xbox is obv Neymar/Gareth Bale, new introductions both desperately trying to be as good as the established superstar but falling way short of being the best.

Wii U is Bendtner.

Top Bottom